Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: APX Paint and Gear

I like the pants. I'm normally a 32" waist and 30" length, so I'm thinking a small. Has anyone on here bought smalls?

Also, what do you guys think about the durability of these? I was all but sold till I saw the open calf. I'm pretty hard on pants. I typically wear standard camo pants (fatigues) with a double layer on the knees, but I tend to rip through the first layer in a matter of months (my newest pair has a small hole after only one day of play) and my knee is usually showing through the second layer by the end of a year. How well do these pants hold up?

Quote Originally Posted by tick {mwb}
    I like the pants. I'm normally a 32" waist and 30" length, so I'm thinking a small. Has anyone on here bought smalls?

Also, what do you guys think about the durability of these? I was all but sold till I saw the open calf. I'm pretty hard on pants. I typically wear standard camo pants (fatigues) with a double layer on the knees, but I tend to rip through the first layer in a matter of months (my newest pair has a small hole after only one day of play) and my knee is usually showing through the second layer by the end of a year. How well do these pants hold up?
    Hi Tick! I am a 32" waist and probably a 30" length (i'm 5' 8" tall), I tend to get a little longer length because of personal preference. I bought a medium and the fit is great. They have just the right amount of bagginess. The extra length mostly bunches up around the ankles, but I only wear sneakers and I don't get tripped up by the extra length. I don't think I slide much so I can't say if it will durable for you or not. But I think the material used in the non-mesh parts are durable, at least for me. vf-xx would be able to tell you what material is used in what area. I've worn it on two paintball outtings in the woods so far, but it has been snowing alot here in NY so I think it only touched actual ground once. My final opinion is I like them alot.

Quote Originally Posted by tick {mwb}

The camo on these pants is real Digicam. The same materials that they make marine BDU's out of. I've only used these once myself, but I'm a large man and not easy on pants. I trudged through plenty of brush and trees, no problems, no snags on the mesh. These are very tough. Besdides, for the price, it's easy enough to test out.

While I've only worn these once, I have warn JT team pants, and diablo pants. These feel MUCH more durable than the other two.
    Last edited by vf-xx; 03-03-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Thumbs up Fyre Competition Review

Took 5 working days for APX to ship from California to Florida.
    There was no outer box, just shipped in the actual paintball box.
    Thankfully though it was shipped FedEx and not UPS so there was no broken paint.
    (my experience with UPS in the past is they could break a useless hunk of metal)
    Interestingly enough the bags are completely sealed (no bread tie) and have
    a fairly large moisture absorbing silica gel packet in each one.
    I was hoping to find a cheaper alternative to PMI Premium and Marballizer paint, with this purchase.
    My experience with paint has led me to use only those two (or Draxxus Gold if I can find it) because I absolutely hate bounces.
    I've watched too many bounces with mid grade paint to use it any more.
    I finally got out and played today and while I'm not sure its quite equal to Marbs it
    does get a two thumbs up review from me. I will definitely buy more of of it.
    It breaks good and its considerably less expensive than Marbs.
    No problems shooting in an SP1 with Apex all day.

Drop test, had to drop the same ball 3 times from about 7' onto concrete before it would break, but yet I have to pick up some squishy paddles for the A5 because it was shredding
    it in the hopper. So I dunno, go figure.

Overall like I said, for the price, I dont think you can beat it.
    I will buy it again.

Got the pants a while ago.
    I am 5'10" 34x30 waist. got a medium and they fit long and loose. I like a tighter fit so a small would have been better. Very good quality. the mest in the back of the legs breath good. good pants.

Only beef i have...is that i have to take my pod pack off to take a wizz. the zipper runs all the way up to the top of the pants. lots of junk protection though

APX gear pants. And Fyre coming out of my barrel, though you cant really see it very good.

Nice!!!

Oh, By the way, I'm going to be on vacation starting Friday and I"ll be gone for a week. If any of you need anything, lets get things worked out by Thursday!

Pm me payment info please for 3 cases of fyre.

On vacation!! Yay!!!!!

BBP, your order should ship today if it didn't yesterday.

If anybody needs anything, leave a message here, or via email: apxgear.tx@gmail.com

Crap, I meant to place an order yesterday, guess I'll wait til you get back

Waiting on you to get back to place an order. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vf-xx
    On vacation!! Yay!!!!!

BBP, your order should ship today if it didn't yesterday.

If anybody needs anything, leave a message here, or via email: apxgear.tx@gmail.com
    Cool thanks,if you could send me a tracking number if possible that would be great.

I recieved my order of 4 cases. Looks good! Cases came in a well packed box,no damage. Can't wait to try it out. Paint looks round and fresh.

I'm back!

I'm back!
    Need some paint for this weekend, sending you a PM.

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    me 2
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

ok. All the clearance softgoods are At low Levels. Small and Medium pants are gone. L and XL are low. If you want something, nows the time.

vf-xx is a stand up guy. Great to deal with. Thanks for your help with getting some of these great products.

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    great guy to work with, im sure i will be back again soon!

PM'd

Took some quick pictures, I'll try to get some clearer ones later.

Pack $35:

Gloves $30:

More pictures of both can be found here

I'm interested in one of those packs. You have a PM inbound.

about what diameter does this paint normally run?

I haven't actually sized what I have directly, I do know that it's not super tiny.

I'll try and do some sizing soon. Some of the other guys here may have been more diligent than I have about sizing.

I haven't actually sized what I have directly, I do know that it's not super tiny.

I'll try and do some sizing soon. Some of the other guys here may have been more diligent than I have about sizing.

Alright awesome, I am looking for a new brand of paint that I can use at my BYOP field, and if this stuff isn't too tiny and it works well, then it might replace my current brand I've been using a version of pro-capps premium paint, and it's just getting too tiny for me.

FWIW I have had good luck with my 679 insert with this paint,the Kee stuff has been roling right through lately. Stuff shoots great to. Very accurate.

It barely fits my .682 with a few rollouts. Smaller than I would like, but bigger than some of the stuff I've gotten lately.

Oh, for an honest .685 paint...

Quote Originally Posted by om3n
    Alright awesome, I am looking for a new brand of paint that I can use at my BYOP field, and if this stuff isn't too tiny and it works well, then it might replace my current brand I've been using a version of pro-capps premium paint, and it's just getting too tiny for me.
    Haven't forgotten about sizing stuff for you, life's just been busy.

Bump.

Can anyone tell me if the pants come with zippered front pockets?
    Palmer Typhoon
    Double Blade Trigger
    Vert Male Stab
    Minimag
    ULE Body
    Lvl 10 Bolt
    Blade Intelliframe
    12 Inch Lapco BigShot