Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homemade E Frame

The sear rubbing on the bolt causes:

- wear on the top of the sear. It will eventually wear through the hardened surface. When this happens, it will change the timing of the mag such that it can possibly allow the on-off to let air past it before it should.

- wear on the edges of the bolt lip. This won't be as pronounced on the outer edge because the bolt rotates as you shoot, so the wear will be spread out all over the edge unlike the sear wear.

-However, because the sear is pressing up, as soon as the bolt gets back far enough, the sear tip will slide up past the front of the bolt lip. As it does this it will gradually wear away at both the sear tip and the front of the bolt lip. This will change the parameters of the bolt setup which will lead to leaking and full auto issues.

- friction - if you have a sensitive level 10 setup, additional friction on the movement of the bolt can affect the ability of the bolt to reset and could result in bolt stick in some instances.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Also check the inside oring on the on/off. When they get old they at least get stiff, if not swollen. It can get tight on the on/off pin and mess things up in general, but it can be sensitive to lube just like the top orings.

interesting

flatliner, can you please give us a photo of how you run the airline in your actual mag?

I want to up this because I want to see how that air line is run also, and possibly see what you did to the valve in order to make it work.

MOTY3
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...80#post2738180

Here are some pics I posted on another thread of how I did this. Originally I did a direct mount ASA to the bottom of the grip frame with a short air line running through the grip. This way I had no external air lines showing but I hated the way the gun felt with all of the bottle wieght towards the back. I prefer the feel of a drop forward and will be modifying one so that the air runs through the drop forward from the ASA and to the bottom of the grip to a macro line. I will post more pics when I am done along with new video of this thing ripping...watch out hill...i'm coming for ya...

Also this build has been a major learning experience for me. Turns out my bolt stick problems were do to not having a complete set of lvl X carriers and not being able to tune it properly. I have since obtained a full set of carriers, tuned the bolt and went back to a slightly modified sear...arm only...the rest I left alone.
    Last edited by Flatliner333; 01-03-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Cant wait

Now i just need the ability to turn off the eyes and shoot above 15 bps. But wait i found a aftermarket board that will do it

MOTY3

Finally Finished............The " ED MAG"

NECRO Post Ahead

This project is now finally finished. Here it is The "ED MAG" back from the laser ingraver....Enjoy.

Last edited by Flatliner333; 08-03-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Super sick!

Wow...How much you want for it?

Just kidding I know its priceless. for now anyways

Love it, absolutely stunning. The Iron Maiden laserwork looks great as well.

That is so cool!!

I didnt build a mag to honor Iron Maiden (a great idea) but I did name my son Eddie

Unbelievable!

MOTY3
    Thanks guys for the responses that means alot to me. It only took me a year and a half to get it where I wanted it. Funny thing is when I started it was only going to be a spyderMag conversion.

you know Luke's customs could put eyes in that thing and know one would ever know.

MOTY3
    Thanks hill I saw that in Lukes thread, congrats to you that is very . The level X seams to work just fine no breaks or jams. The gun also has a stock board so no ramping here just pure semi. Hey elgalloblanco.....look at my post #

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333
    Thanks hill I saw that in Lukes thread, congrats to you that is very . The level X seams to work just fine no breaks or jams. The gun also has a stock board so no ramping here just pure semi. Hey elgalloblanco.....look at my post #
    I see what you did there...

That mag is freaking awesome, and I love the eddie lasering. Too freaking cool

edit - I dig the fact that the trooper has a texas flag
    Last edited by elgalloblanco; 08-02-2011 at 11:39 AM.

MOTY3

video

I hate talking on camera...hey stupid it's a guage not a valve...anyways here is some video of it shooting.

Man that is frickin awesome. I love that you made that grip yourself. I have to admit I'm not a fan of the lasreing, but at least you picked a good subject. Half way through the vid I was waitin for you to spit a big 'ol chaw.......pitooooy LOL

wow!!! yall are awesome the Mods you come up with!!! very nice man!!!

in my eyes, that thing puts the whole mag modding to a new level. absolutely cool.