Thread: Classic RT rails and vert feeds

Classic RT rails and vert feeds

Are there any aftermarket rails made for the RT classic?

I have a blue rail but I want a black one. I am not sure the screws are ever coming out of mine so reanodizing might be out. I want to see if I can just pick up a new rail.

I know Airgun made a couple RT classic vertical feeds. I think they were all steel and had the super high stovepipe vert feed. Any idea how many got out? Or how much they go for?

to the best of my knowledge there were no aftermarket classic RT rails. That said, I think there are plenty of folks around with black rails, maybe someone would trade you?

As for the body, classic RT bodies exist in the following configurations:
    Powerfeed
    Hi-rise centerfeed
    Euro Hi rise powerfeeed

Most were polished steel, some were teflon black.

Classic Rt Rail

If you decide to get rid of your rail PM me i am interested THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by vf-xx
    As for the body, classic RT bodies exist in the following configurations:
    Hi-rise centerfeed
    Any idea how rare the vert feed bodies are?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAYGHOST
    If you decide to get rid of your rail PM me i am interested THANK YOU
    I will. It's milled up so it is a great rail for someone who wants to build a smaller, lighter RT but not good at all for a collector who wants it all stock. I'm actually interested in trading off all the blue parts but the vert grip.

Blue Classic Parts

How much are you looking to get for the rail ,vertical asa ,and assuming blue grip frame ? THANK YOU

I've had this RT since 1999 and it has served me well. It was cut down a considerable amount so it isn't nearly as heavy as a regular RT. I played with it in national tournaments all the way until the end of 2001 even after almost every other team on the circuit had switched to electronic guns.

I still play with it on occasion, but playing with a powerfeed is just too awkward after nearly a decade of playing with vert feed guns 99% of the time. Plus I really regret having it anodized blue. I'm a big fan of black guns.

So, I bought a second RT, mainly for the vert feed.

I am hoping I can chop up this huge vert feed, chop off the very un-needed front, add an aftermarket feedneck and then cut up the rail to make it lighter and a bit more presentable. We'll see how it turns out.

^^

PM luke he might be able to shorten your stove pipe feed. and do any other mill work you want.

Quote Originally Posted by John Dresser
    So, I bought a second RT, mainly for the vert feed.

I am hoping I can chop up this huge vert feed, chop off the very un-needed front, add an aftermarket feedneck and then cut up the rail to make it lighter and a bit more presentable. We'll see how it turns out.
    /cry

Sell it to me

Sorry, I want the vertical feed. I just don't want one that is 6" tall.

You are welcome to the blue gun though...

Sorry, I want the vertical feed. I just don't want one that is 6" tall.

You are welcome to the blue gun though...
    If you are planning on cutting down the vert feed and attaching a feedneck, I recommend using the ego shoctech feednecks:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Shocktech-Ego-Et...item2ea5aeb793
    From my experience they have work the best for my vert feed bodies:

They fit like a glove!!!! All you have to do is cut down your feedneck to your desired length with a dramel and then attach the shocktech feedneck. Tighten the bolts attached to the shocktech with a allen key. Then your done.
    Last edited by rseb4agze; 03-19-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Yup, Ego feednecks are perfect for this type of project. I've never seen anyone else do it on a Mag though! Nice minimag. That's how I built up my Ripper Sniper.

I have another stock Ego feedneck from someone who upgraded his to a different color.

I figured someone else had to have done it but yours is the first I've seen. Have other pics?

Yup, Ego feednecks are perfect for this type of project. I've never seen anyone else do it on a Mag though! Nice minimag. That's how I built up my Ripper Sniper.

I have another stock Ego feedneck from someone who upgraded his to a different color.

I figured someone else had to have done it but yours is the first I've seen. Have other pics?
    That is a nice Sniper! Yea, someone else has done this in the past that's actually how I came up with the idea. The one that I saw had a vert emag body w/ a XSV ego feedneck. Here's more pics of my minimag/emag vert bodies:

Last edited by rseb4agze; 03-20-2010 at 02:19 PM.

I knew it wasn't original but I had just never seen anyone else do it. I can't say I have ever even seen a minimag vert body.

Just got this phone pic from the machine shop.

Sweet.. It's coming along nice.. Yea, I had to search high and low to get that minimag body but I was able to score it off of another member here. He was even local we met up and talked for bit. Really cool dude, too. I actually just finish building my minimag just last wk. I haven't even brought it out to the field yet and I can't wait.

There's a local guy here that does carbon fiber vert bodies. I might have to talk to him someday, but I kind of like my cheapo Minimag. I just wish it was vert feed after seeing yours.

damn, my RT would be perfect with vert feed.

i have to find and buy a vert feed classic RT now ...

Got the vert feed back and it looks perfect. Awesome color match to the feedneck.

Now I have to get the other parts anodized black so they look just as fresh.

Luke's powerfeed to vert feed mod is nice with the right (outside) feed port. You put the ego feedneck on the vert mod and you have a clear line of sight down the top of the marker with a nice loader position. It feels even better when you tilt the loader towards the inside a little.

I'm still waiting to find a neglected RT to do this to and polish it up.

I really don't like the offset powerfeed mod. I can see why it's appealing, but it isn't for me.

I like the serial number on that RT valve.

Quote Originally Posted by elgalloblanco
    I like the serial number on that RT valve.

I screwed the parts together to get an idea how it will look after anodizing. It's looking good but the rail is still heavy and I'm not feeling the large CP bottomline so I might have to reconsider some parts or additional milling to the rail.

you replugged the 2 holes on back of the rail right? else yer gonna leak all yer air once aired up

Of course those will be plugged. I'm still going to anodize it first though.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAYGHOST
    How much are you looking to get for the rail ,vertical asa ,and assuming blue grip frame ? THANK YOU
    I know a couple people were interested in the blue parts. They became a complete marker again and are listed here for sale:

https://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=252038

I went ahead and had the rail milled down more before it was all anodized a nice flat black.