Thread: Is it a good tank???

Question Is it a good tank???

I was wondering if a 88ci Crossfire tank is a good purchase? I got offered an 88ci Crossfire Tank w/ a REDZ black cover for 155 shipped and I want to know if it is a good buy? I don't know much bout crossfires so I just wanted to know. And its basically brand new bout 14 uses
    If we live in the shadows how will our actions be seen? -=MetzgeR=-
    ReTro Mag
    Warp Feed
    Splash kit
    e-mag body
    double trigger
    GOOD TRADERS: Wild_Osiris

it's definately not the best tank in the world but it will get the job done. You might get a little bit of shootdown now and then but it is decent.
    2k1 Lockout Edition acid wash free flow cocker.
    Originally posted by FatMan
    4. Paintball underwear - they have everything else, why not underwear that absorbs sweat before it runs down my crack and won't ride up in my crotch rubbing a rash that lasts for days.
    FatMan

yea thats a great deal just find out the hydro date

They hydro was something like 9-01 or something in 2001 so thats not to bad...

yes finding out the hydro date is very important.
    chrome RT
    dye boomstick 12"
    68 3000 flatline
    12 volt rev

Crossfire won't give you THAT much shootdown... Aren't the newer models high flow now?

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

The new models are very high flow. They have been shown to be up there with the MaxFlow.(one of the highest)

personman Guest
    Woo! I hope my reg is one of the high flow ones.. (I just got it a month ago, so it MUST be one of the high flow ones)
    I have noticed that some other crossfire regs look like they are made out of Brass or copper or somthing that is that color, and mine looks like SS, or aluminum or somthin..

The tank I'm getting is like brand spank'n new it is 4500psi I guess now... and can I fill 4500psi at most nitro fill places cause I never shot 4500psi?

it just depends on the field. My two favorite fields have different fill rates. one fills to 2.5k @ best, and the other fills to 4.5k. just check around. i'm getting an 88ci/4.5k so i can get a lot of shots for the big games @ the 2.5k field, but i can take advantage of the 4.5k @ the other field.

metzger, btw, are you a butcher? because metzger means butcher in german.

nah I'm not a butcher... its just my last name... and can I still get my tank filled even if its not 4500psi or does the fill station have to be 4500psi

a 4.5k tank will tank any psi UP TO 4.5k, so you'll be fine @ a 3k fill station

Thanks theradenproject you've been a lot of help. Also what do you recommend for a drop forward, I use a remote now but you know that can get bulky on your back. THANKS

I don't know what drop to get, I havnt gotten my tank yet. I have a dye drop, but ive never used it yet./ i've only heard good things about the dzII, but i think you need a screw in adapter for it, IIRC the crossfires are screw in.

new reg or old reg?... cuz if the new reg it has the highest flow rate on the market...... best tank in my book... i have the new reg on a mad dev carbon 68... works wonders for consistancy

personman Guest
    How can you tell if you have the new regs?

new regs are either have a red( HP) or blue (LP) ring around the reg..... old ones i believe were black

new high pres reg

RaV3n_Pa1ntba|| Guest
    http://www.nwpaintballproducts.com/index.html

Scroll down to the bottom...

They make the best Drop On/off combos period...

personman Guest
    does the reg have to be adjustable?
    my reg looks like a silverish kind of metal where that pic is red.. its not colored

i think you have an old reg.. which are still nice regs

My tank has a red ring around it... so it is a HP? It looks basically like the one in the pic but 88ci

yes its HP 800 output