Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alright Paintballgear.com...I'm calling you on this one!

Angry Olright Paintballgear.com...I'm calling you on this one!

Ok here is what happened. I have given up on them answering me again on it...

I placed a small order. One item was a tank cover for my new tank. Needed a 68ci but accidently clicked the button for 48-51 and did not notice it until I hit the send thingie. I noticed it as it was flashing off the screen. I said Oh No! (something like that) So I look up the customer service email and send them a email describing my mistake and send it to them. Right away. Withing a minute! This was a 3:27 PM their time on Friday. Just as I send it the confimation email comes in from them. So I hit the reply on it too. It shows its going to the same customer service email addy I had just looked up so I reply to it and explain the problem again just in case. No response all weekend. Monday I get a shipment confirmation from them and guess what! Wrong thing is still on there! So I emailed em again. Much later they come on with a "well we must not have gotten your email because you didn't send it before we processed the order and..."

Let me sum up for you what they pretty much were saying in that one and only email:

"Dear customer BS, please call our people and they will give you a way to spend more of your money getting the thing we sent you wrong back...but we might have to charge you more to do it and you might have to pay again for us to ship you the darn thing you wanted in the first place and told us three times what you wanted and that the order was wrong and it needed to be fixed before we shipped but we ingnore it and didn't read our emails and sent you the wrong thing after all and so now for you to get the right $16 item it will cost you about like $30 by the time we get done screwing you for every last cent we can and ruining any possible future business we might get from you and knowing full and well you will trash us all to heck now to everyone you know and so we will in the end lose hundreds of dollars for screwing you over for a $16 item that we could easily have sent right the first time and/or fixed by sending you out the right thing and appologizing for not being diligent in checking our customer service email and since we are now ignoring and not responding to any of your future emails this is just our tough luck and yours because we treat everyone like crap after we get things ordered shipped out because we do not like to deal with problems as its distastefull to us so we just ignore them after the first excuse is not enough and we thanks for your business"

So that is sort of what he said...I am reading between the lines.

Customer service? Hardly! They refuse to respond any more to me. I have not heard back anymore on it. None of my emails was rude or threatening in any way. But as to orders...It seems they do not even check their emails before blindly proceeding to fill them so if you make a mistake you are going to have to live with it. Another example of someone wanting to do an online business but not wanting to put the effort into doing it correctly. So I now have no 68 cover coming but I got a 48-51 I can sell ya cheap! Its not worth the money to ship it back and pay a restocking and then pay their high shipping (over $8 minimum) for a $16 item. So I will just pay more for one localy and not do business with them again. I would have had they offered to meet me half way. At least be aware that you cannot make a mistake with them and expect them to correct it after three days of trying and a few more after they shipped to reach some kind of compromise. They just do not want to hear from you after the order is placed. They got the money so why should they? That's the kind of attitude I got anyway.

Oh and thanks Mike Massey of Painballgear.com for answering one email and then brushing me off. If any of you would have answered the first two none of this would have happened

So the moral of this story is DO Not order from PB Gear and make any mistakes. You will pay for them because they don't bother to give you any way of correcting them that will work. Nor do they seem to care if they do.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

I have been echoing the same sentaments for the last 6 months. Did business once with them and NEVER again.
    Lvl7 68 AutoMag SN - CF00810
    Retro Valve
    Super Bolt
    Air America - Armegeddon 4500/68ci
    Dye Titanium 14" Boomstick

mattyfatty182 Guest
    Not to make you feel worse or anything, they let you see what you are buying like 3 times before you actually pay for it...

while i've had several great transactions with them, i've had a couple that were horrible, making me do all my online business now through www.countypaintball.com (which is cheaper than pbg on many items and shipping is ALWAYS more reasonable).

their big problem is mainly horrible customer service, who seem to be selective about the correspondance they receive. phoning them doesn't help either, they all seem very happy to stonewall you and say "well i wish i could help, but i cant. anything else i can do for you today?"

i encourage you to do as much business as possible thru your local shops (gotta support the sport at its basic level), but when you just cant afford the 175% markup, check out www.countypaintball.com . mike the owner usually responds to my questions/comments/concerns via e-mail within 12 hours.

Thanks Matty...I did feel like a dolt. I got in a hurry and screwed up. I fully admitted that to them and all of you But in this case no last pictures. ONly the buttons and its into the cart. Failed to recheck the cart and my account is all set up so its too easy for me to be sloppy. They had them all wiped out for these covers so you had to chose the size. In the fore ground. Only one time there and one at the final screen.

My point was the results after you make a mistake and immendiately try to rectify it. I have done business with them smoothy before. BUT...WITH THESE GUYS NEVER MAKE A MISTAKE!!!! The don't care then if they follow up with one of their own. And they probably will not correct it even if you try and call it to their attention and ask nicely in pleanty of time of them to do so

I personally have never had any problems with them ever. I am not trying to criticize you when I say this, but you most likely should have called to change/cancel your order if you could have (unless you did, then ignore this). I know they are very slow to respond to emails, so that wouldn't have been the option I would have taken. However, the email the customer service sent you was simply uncalled for. I wouldn't take that ones sales persons views to be the company's views. If you wish to pursue it, you could always call up and ask to talk to the owner and explain the situation.

Thats why I love 888, they always fix mistakes . I only order from pbgear if 888 dosn't carry the product I want. But then again Ive only had to order from pbgear like three times lucky me ! Sorry you got screwed Phil! Order C.O.D. next time that way if they do this just say "Hey well It's C.O.D., and I'm refusing the package !" or just order alot of heavy stufff(like 58 cases of paint, and a ton of Emags) on C.O.D. and make them take it back after they send lol!

ENDO!
    Oldskool

Yeah i forgot to add something on my order so emailed them right away and i got a response 2 days later after i recieved the order saying "i went to add it on but your order had been shipped already" If you order what you want you'll get what you ordered, if you mess up you'll pay for it. I order from there still because i live one state up and get my stuff the next day always.
    Taking a long needed leave of the sport to finish school and tour the country

b2k3w/pds, vaporized, vapor valve, aka sidewinder, chaos chip, palmer rock lpr, CP barrels, 68/45 hyperflow

B2k3 w/pds and bunch of upgrades for sale

Well they clearly say to cal OR email. No preference. And I like it all in writting so I do it that way when I can. Had I called they could have denied if, when and where it took place. I got the emails with the time stamped on them so I got them by the gonads in that respect that they had three days to fix it and it was during business hours. No excuses.

Anyway... thats the story. I never said Don't do business with them. I said I would not. And I woudl tell all I know why. I do not like the after sale experience I ahd.

i've never had a problem with'em, and i've ordered alota crap from them. even when i had to return stuff, they have good customer service.

You should have called them instead of emailed them. It would have worked that way. I do orders with paintballgear every 2 weeks. Never have problems.
    StEEl Grey SoNiC Cocker.The ownage Machine
    Yellow to Orange Fade Defiant
    14in Boomstick-TI
    Orange Fade Warp/Orange-Faded Turbo Rev
    Crossfire LPR 68/4500 w/ red cover
    Black: Stickies, Lapco Drop, Macro.
    PMI 68/4500 w/ Black DYE Cover

Ï ØwÑ ÿØú

Hey Man,

I'm not sticking up for anybody here, but look dude, it was your mistake, not theirs.

Just because you send them an email doesn't mean they are obligated to "Snap To" and resolve the problem you created. Just remember, your not the only one on the internet. These guys have more to do than keep track of people who can't use a mouse button and read.

I just don't think you should be bad mouthing someone else for not fixing your mistake.

Next time pay attention to what you are doing and you wont have to *edit* No cussing allowed here.Army about it.
    Last edited by Army; 02-06-2002 at 10:56 PM.
    If you truly want something you have never had before, You will have to do something you have never done before.

The guys at Paintball gear are good people, CALL them, the sales rep. I talked to even admitted that their website/email was unreliable. Don't make a rant about before you exhaust all fesible possibilities.

Paintchucker Guest

Quick Call probably would have stopped it...

Hindsight being 20/20, it would have been much cheaper for you to give them a call. It would have been more time efficient, and you could have caught it before it was too late...

Stupid PBG...

I placed an order last tuesday the 29th of Jan. Anyway, I did business with them before and didnt have a problem. I call them up and find out if the item is in stock, and it is. I order it, and I ask the guy which credit card he has, my moms or mine. He said my mothers after I told him the name and I said ok. We hang up. I figure it will be here Friday or Monday because they said it takes about 3 days. Anyway, Tuesday the 5th of Feb rolls around and no package. I call them up. Turns out that something went wrong and they needed the 3 digit security code off the credit card and my item never shipped! One whole week it sat there in a box and they didnt even call to tell me anything was wrong! I gave them the needed info and the item shipped that night. Should be here friday. I will NEVER buy from PBG again because of the lack of Customer Service.

I get really tired of customers sometimes. They expect everything to be perfect all the time and if you should do the unthinkable and make a mistake, well, you had better kill yourself trying to kiss their "aft section". If you run a huge shipping business it is not unreasonable for there to be a lag in their reading emails from customers. They have to pay an employee to read the emails. They are trying to make a profit. A company as big as that probably gets alot of emails from people who cant successfully order what they wanted or just want to correspond. I have had nothing but good service from them and will order from them again. I dont see your gripe in this situation.
    Last edited by Phil; 02-06-2002 at 04:44 PM.

I am on cphils side on this one. I must admit that i have never had a problem with them (i have only ordered once). But I have heard way too many horror stories far worse than this over the past year for me to ever do business with them again.

I also am interested in the cover cphil. So if you want to sell it, just let me know. What color is it, and what type is it.

No offense though cphil, you should have known better, after all the horror stories that have been posted hear in recent months...what were you thinking?
    Last edited by thecavemankevin; 02-06-2002 at 06:23 PM.

Chef, that's word for word one of the exact problems I had, though their prob with my order was that the ship address didnt match with the billing address, which caused them to place my order on hold. Thing is, THEY NEVER TOLD ME THEY PUT MY ORDER ON HOLD! I had to call a full week later to discover they had placed my order on hold, they LIED to me OVER THE PHONE about sending an e-mail to me about it, then told me that they would ship right away and acted like there was nothing wrong with how they handled it.

I'm not some 13 year old kid on a vindictive rage here. I, along with some other people obviously, had some bad experiences with PBG's customer service. We choose not to order from them anymore, and cphilip was the guy brave enough to speak publicly about his experience. ANY good store, online or brick-n-mortar, will reconcile a mistake with a customer, whether it was their fault or the customer's silly mistake.

I respect that you guys have had nothing but good experiences with pbg, but they DO have MAJOR probs with customer service, and I know that now 'cause my 2 incidents werent isolated (thx to cphilip's post). Continue shopping with them, but please dont call cphilip stupid for making a silly mistake such as speeding through an online order. He might have made the first mistake in his order, but as far as he, myself, and a growing number of others are concerned, PBG made the FINAL mistake by not valuing our experience with them and fixing what was (and is) wrong.

One thing.

www.copaintball.com

never had any trouble with them!
    You can hide, but please don't run!

they're fine in my book...

I have heard of other people getting their orders lost or messed up in the huge volume of transactions they do an hour, which is why when I ordered my mag from them I made sure to call on the phone. I even made the guy repeat my order back to me three times to make sure he had it right . I use the phone whenever possible, if for no other reason than that it's easier to change if you're talking to a person. By the way cphillip, if you have a 68 and you accidentally ordered a 48/51, it should still fit the tank, just a lil' snuggly. I have an 88 cover on my 110.

AO member 4 life

Member #0010

"All your Base are belong to us."
    -Boris Yeltzen

Is this my cue to start ranting about UPS...

manike

I just thought I'd add my recent experience with PBgear. I've ordered from them before with no problem, but this last time was a problem. I ordered several items online. One week later I got an email saying that one item was out of stock so the order had not shipped. It clearly says to email or call. I emailed saying to ship everything that was in stock. One week later, nothing, so I called. They said it would ship tomorrow. Another week later, nothing. So I call. This time the guy says the order has shipped today. I ask for a tracking number, and he says I'll get an email. Another week goes by, nothing, so I call. It still hasn't shipped. Finally this time they actually did ship it and I received it. Throughout all of this I sent 5 emails. I never received a reply to any of them. They should not tell you to respond by email if they will not read it and reply. And they should not lie and say something has shipped when it hasn't.

OK keep em coming I can take it!

FYI I said this before and will repeat I gave them six total days to correct it now and they have responded only once and that last one was Monday. So I gave em all I could. So I am not whining prematurely. They said to use email not me. If they do not intend to monitor it then DO NOT try and run a E-tail business. Tooo many folks want to run the one end but cut corners on the customer service. They did. Claiming you are lazy and just don't have time is not an excuse. Customers make mistakes and you can get a life long one by fixing it one time.

Tomorrow I will share the exact emails with you so you can see how cordial and prompt I was at dealing with mine and how inactive and non responsive they were. You shall see.

I order from Cabela's all the time. Have made changes after ordering and they always do exactly what I ask and respond within an hour or two. They make a living don't tell me it can't be done. They are on top of everything. No emails sits very long.

To the fellow who says he hates customers...you sir need to get out of retail. Tell me where you work I don't want to do business with you.

But lets keep talking about customer service and E-Tail business and such. I find the hostility very interesting here. And odd.
    Last edited by cphilip; 02-07-2002 at 08:26 AM.

Hey Phil, you end up getting that .243 after all?

Does it smell like updog in here to you?
    Originally posted by Automagisurdad
    and the barrel is no good cause its a 14 and not 12.

I have had awful service from them. I have ordered almost everything from them, and well, I can honestly not think of one time I have ordered from them and nothing has went wrong. I always check the cart, and its always right. Actually they did get one order right, I ordered a cocker, and it came, it just wasnt timed at all, and when I sent it to WGP twice they didnt time it either! I order a P&P back block, they send me a KAPP front block... I order a chrome KAPP grip frame, they send me a black benchmark frame... thats just to name a few. One of my friends got a bushy from them, and it didnt work, so he sent it back and just asked them to send him a different one or fix that one, they sent him the same one with nothing done to it. They have a nice selection, so find what u want on their site and then order it from ur local store if u have one. Just my thoughts on the matter. And Phil, sorry u got screwed.
    Why go to the light, when darkness has its warmth too....
    Brak "I poop in the sink."
    EPIC - Warp - 68/45 Armageddon
    Black 2k LCD
    Green 99 Dark Angel

RaV3n_Pa1ntba|| Guest
    it works like this my friend...the more you complain the more horse**i* they give you.......I never have a problem with paintballgear.com though...I ordered a good amount of things from them and it always seems they are good to me. Great packaging not 1 thing broke..perfect. But i think its when you order small amounts of things from them they screw you over. Try ordering your small things from g3pb.com ....shipping is only $4 and there stuff is greatly priced. The best place to order period...

This little mess is exactly why I ONLY order from www.countypaintball.com

Mike is an awsome guy, and he'll ALWAYS answer your e-mails within 12 hours. Awsome, Awsome customer service! Great prices, too!

Originally posted by cphilip
    Claiming you are half assed is not an excuse.
    So it is OK for the Mods to curse, but we cannot ???? I think you need to edit your own post. Once you realized YOUR mistake you should have just picked up the phone and called them. I deal with Jesse Valenciana at PBG all the time. He custom ordered my Red Centerfeed EMag for me. He was very helpful and kept in touch with me throughout and after my Emag purchase. I have not had any problems with him or anybody else I have delt with there. Next time just pick up the phone and talk to him.
    Jonathan Edwards-Captain,Damage Inc.
    2003 CPSA Novice Division Champions

Red/Black Fade Alais Intimidator
    Red Eblade GX3 Cocker-68/4500 AGD Flatline

Check My Feedback Here
    Visit Damage Inc's Home Field and Sponsor Fox Paintball
    Check Out Damage Inc's Team Website

Originally posted by manike
    Is this my cue to start ranting about UPS...

manike
    I'm gonna start in on tires plus.... aight?
    "I want to thank the Canadian people who came out to wave, with all five fingers, for their hospitality,” -President Bush (Tuesday November 30/04)

Sorry I never said that that was cursing. But if it offends you and detracts from my point then I will take it out.

Ok so here was a good example of a company that is perhaps understaffed to handle an online business to the point that they would not check their emails on Monday morning knowing they had not cleared them all before they left on Friday. Just in case one of their customers had notified them of a problem that they then could avoid. Now remember I placed the order at 3:26PM their time. I notified them at 3:27 and and again at 3:30 of my mistake. They close at 6:00 so they say so lets assume they drop everything and go home then. And I suppose they don't work on the weekend at all (I guess?). So perhaps placing an order on a Friday afternoon turned out to be a mitigating circumstance in their favor. I'll give em that.

Like I said I had bought from them before with good results. But then again each of those times I was a perfect customer and didn't make a mistake. But this time I did. And tried to correct it but it seems the way they suggest has a big hole in it all because they haad no policy or method to red flag a problem in this area. So in this case two wrongs makes a right.

Ok...some have reported problems even after using the phone. Some have said that was my problem. I should have called. Fact is all my communication right now becauseI used email is documented. One small area actualy hurts my argument when I was speculating on why I had chosen the wrongh item but no matter it turned out to be a false lead. I still do not know why it came up. So I am chalking it up to just a bone head distracted mistake on my part. Now where would I be if this problem presisted and I had phoned and they still sent me the wrong thing after me asking them to correct my mistake? Not that it would have happened but just suppose it did. Some of the others say it did to them. Where would I be? Just like the ones above. Just a story no documentation. So I should think people who take the tactic that the phone is better (somehow but the logic excapes me) than the written word I just do not understand. I have many times been confronted with people in denial about something they claim I never told them. But because I did it by email and printed it out and filed it they are quickly eating their words. Just an example why I think getting things in writing, whenever possible, is superior to phone conversations that some of you seem to think is the solution to all problems.

Now another point I was trying to make from this. Too many online retailers try to start up a business thinking the front end of getting the orders is all there is to it. Fact is sometimes people make a mistake. And they will need to communicate that to you. Is it so hard to check your email BEFORE you start shipping that day? Should you have a separate email addy for trouble orders? Perhaps! Not a bad idea right? I mean its up to them to tell me the customer what to do to fix my problem. And they did. And I followed it. To no avail!

Now from the order confirmation. They have the following instructions on it. I am copying and pasting it exactly except for bolding the important part:

Our Customer Service hours are 10:00am - 6:00pm Monday thru Friday Central Standard Time. Please direct any questions regarding your order to our office at 888-679-4327. We can also be reached via email at orders@paintballgear.com.
    Again, thank you for using PaintballGear.com as
    your source for supplies.

Now another point is how the only response I got from them was. Here it is:

"The order you were sent does have the 47-51 cover in
    it. Most likely your order was processed before we
    got a chance to recieve your email on Monday so the
    change could not be made. If you need to exchange it
    please call customer service @ 888.679.4327 and get a
    return authorization number.

Now remember the emails I sent were on Friday at 3:30 so they had 2 and a half hours of their listed work hours to get them that day and then on Monday (again we are assuming they don't do any of this after 6pm on Friday and before 10 am on Monday). The Order confirmation seems to have been sent to me at 6:47 PM on Monday. So they had all of that day to read the emails I sent. So lets say then they had a little over 9 working hours to read their email. Part of one working day and all of the next. That was kind of my point in being a bit miffed about it failing to rectify my mistake.

So what I was thinking here is if your customer told you after the fact they had tried on Friday to correct the mistake what would you do? Me? I would go into my emails and see if they were telling the truth. And if they were I would have responded something like this:

Phil,

Sorry but we failed to check our emails and correct your problem for you. Lets work something out. I'll meet you half way. Send us back the one you have as soon as you get it and when I reieve it I will send out the one you wanted at no extra shipping charge. Since we both were in error I think its fair we share the cost of fixing it. Here is an RMA # for you to use if you want to do that. Mark it on the package and put a note in as to which one you need to remind us of the situation.

Thanks for your business.

Joe Blow

Wouldn't that simple gesture have been enough? For me it might. Any comments on that?
    Last edited by cphilip; 02-07-2002 at 08:30 AM.