Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pressure induced ball breaks

Quote Originally Posted by nerobro
    I love dual detents. :-)
    they can create another problem though, holding the ball infront of the bolt means the bolt doesn't accellerate the ball at the same time, it impacts the ball and some speed. this can cuase problems too.

the real solution is some sort of flat faced bolt to fix both impact and rollback, or a softface system.

that's not a difficult thing to deal with. Acutally, a flat face bolt removes most of the need for dual detants. Provided you have a gun with a short stroke.. like.. oh.. a mag. and.. say.. a foamie bolt.

But that's just a mag thing isn't it ;-)

Doc sold some angel bolts with extended tips to address the issue as well.
    To be an AGD supporter, one cannot be an AGD bigot. -Nero

Truth is a complex thing. One must govern by simplicity. -M. Mercier, special counsel to his Majesty for domestic matters. The Brotherhood of the Wolf

"You can't outrun Death forever, but you can make the bastard work for it."

Quote Originally Posted by nerobro
    that's not a difficult thing to deal with. Acutally, a flat face bolt removes most of the need for dual detants. Provided you have a gun with a short stroke.. like.. oh.. a mag. and.. say.. a foamie bolt.

But that's just a mag thing isn't it ;-)

Doc sold some angel bolts with extended tips to address the issue as well.
    yup, i use a flat faced JAM bolt in my angle LCD without eyes and i can rip taht gun with any loader without fear of chops or breaks. as you probably remember, the old LCD bolt was a cupped face design, and it never worked well with halos because of roll back problems. teh JAM fixes that and its not even a softface, it just prevents rollback and is in contact with the ball when cycling, so its realyl quite good on paint.