Thread: New drop question

New drop question

Ok i need a drop really bad for my gun or my tank is gonna poke someones eye out... I need u guys to tell me if this is an ok drop for my automag TKO... here is the pic... im gettin it at www.paintballonline.com for 50 buks it comes wit an on/off... well anyways heres the pic.

Those are actually really cool looking. That does'nt look like it's going to drop too much. How far forward do you want the tank to sit?

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

well i would like it to drop it some lenght well heres a pic of my gun so u decide...

The way it looks, with the tank reg and the On/Off adapter the tank part itself will actually start at about the back of your grip. So the whole length of the tank will sit behind your grip. Do you like to shoulder the tank?

well right now i have to put my tank on my shoulder cuz im the back man on my team... and i cant aim without it on my shoulder... so can u recommend a drop for me??????? and a link to the site would be nice...

Thnx

My personal fav is the shocktech drop. It puts that tank about perfect for me. I can shoulder the tank and the reg sits right in front of my face. They also make an adapter to allow for screw-in tanks.

Check out http://www.g3pb.com/ and look under shocktech in the catalog section.

yep,you still need a drop very badly.You have to look around for a gun w/out a drop on it nowadays.I will also get that drop after i see it on your gun,to see how it looks and stuff.

Heres a pic of the shocktech with the ASA...

I would also have to suggest a Shocktech df. They look great and you have 3 sizes to choose from. Most importantly, get whichever is more comfortable.

Personally, I'm digging my shocktech mini df...
    Silent in Error
    Vocal in Spotlight
    ~Quiet Storm~

NW paintabll has some cool drops. They have one that comes with an on off in 8 inch and 5 inch sizes. Check out their website. I think they sell for like 50 bucks and they are nice drops....

http://www.nwpaintballproducts.com/
    Shocker 4x4 w/ Camo Splash

i like my stretch z, by national pb, only 14 at paintballinc.com. i use a metal nitro tank like that right now and i have plenty of room-unfortunately no on-off though

Paintchucker Guest

Looks like a 2x2 drop...

That looks like it is probably a 2" drop x 2" forward. Since you have the duckbill asa on there now, it will probably move your tank forward about 3" and make the gun sit 2" higher.

It is a different shape, but I think that shocktech is also a 2x2, so end result would be about the same.

My shocktech moves the tank 1.75" down and 5.25" forward.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba|| Guest

personman Guest
    I dont know what kind of DF I have, but it balences pretty nice and I think I have the same kind of tank as you.
    The only downside is that you have to get an angeledASA or the gauge will hit the bottom of your gun.

I use a shocktech and a normal ASA. Works best for me.

Does it smell like updog in here to you?
    Originally posted by Automagisurdad
    and the barrel is no good cause its a 14 and not 12.

ok guys well i have decided for my drop i will get a shocktech chrome drop with an on/off... thnx for all ur help guys i will get some pics up as soon as i get my new drop and THNX AGAIN GUYS.

Paintchucker Guest

OOOPPPPSSS...

Sorry been a long day staring at the computer screen at work. That is the long one. Is that true foreward length or overall length. Remember to measure between the centermarks on the two sets of two screws for the asa. I have a drop that is 8" long but only really moves the asa 6" forward.

It is a pretty long drop. I love it when I am playing in the front as it balances right on the trigger. But in the back, I kinda miss being able to really shoulder aim, as it is just a little far forward.

Can you buy one locally? It might cost a little more, but it is cool to be able to take the gun in and kinda look at it there.