Thread: Why Halo on a Warp?

Why Halo on a Warp?

Tell me where I am wrong.
    The warp feed when all the jumpers are off will spin the distance of 3- 5 balls per trigger pull. Thus making up for any gaps a "slower" hopper might have. How does a halo improve a warps feed rate? I have emptied hoppers on the break with my 12v rev and e-mag without any skips in the feeding.
    Now if the Halo feeds 3-4 balls faster than my 13bps rev yet the warp will spin say 3 - 4 ball lenths for everytrigger pull doesn't that even out the equation?
    Side note, besides the few superhuman among us, who can fire off 13 rps on semi for extended periods of time? The way I understand it even a gun going full auto at 16bps the warps extra spin would more than compensate.
    Explain to me why I am wrong.

Talking

hi,

i don't think you're wrong...in fact i've read some discussion threads that come to the same conclusion as you do. since the halo feeds faster than the warp, by using the warp, you are undercutting the advantage of the halo. i think people will use the warp with a halo for 3 reasons:

1. they had a warp previously, and didn't want to sell it or go to waste.
    2. it lowers their profile by allowing them to take the halo off the top and set it on the side.
    3. it makes their gun more comfortable in terms of balance (i wouldn't know...i have an emag and halo incoming, but i've been debating about a warp for the very same reason as this thread).

that's my humble opinion though. anyone else?

aloha,

jae park

Originally posted by hawpunch
    since the halo feeds faster than the warp, by using the warp, you are undercutting the advantage of the halo.

Last thing I heard was the warp was go for up to 20bps, while the halo is rated for 16+...............it doesn't really matter they will both feed a marker faster then it can be fired in semi.
    2003 SuperBowl Champions!, THE New England Patriots!

He was constantly reminded of how startlingly different a place the world was when viewed from a point only three feet to the left.
    My Feedback

Paintchucker Guest

Sustained Rate of Fire...

It is true that the warp feed will push balls very fast. I think it will do in the neighborhood of 20bps +/- . The typical revvy will do about 11-13bps, and the halo will do closer to 18. If you just shoot quick short bursts, then your theory holds true and the warp/revvy will keep up. But the problem is when you do long fast strings. Eventually, the slower revvy will just not be putting balls into the warp fast enough.

Think of it this way. Take two water buckets, and hang one on top of the other. In the top bucket, put one hole and in the bottom bucket, put a hole that is twice as big, and put a cork in it. Now fill the top bucket with water. It will drop water into the bottom bucket until the bottom bucket is full. Now if you pull the cork, the bottom bucket will be releasing water at a faster rate than the top bucket, so eventually the bottom bucket will run dry...

When the bottom bucket starts to run dry, then you start to chop!!!

The problem with that anology is that the warp spins faster than you can shoot. And again for every pull you get 3-4 balls of spin out of the Warp. So even in a continual string if there is a two ball gap while the rev catches up there are still 7- 10 ball in the warp that will contiune to feed. Remember the warp only needs 1-2 ball in the wheels to force the rest of the ball in the tube to feed. So while the wheel may only have three balls left in it the next shot would bring the next string from the hopper 3-5 balls forward to fill the rest of the gap.

Think of it this way. Take two water buckets, and hang one on top of the other. In the top bucket,
    put one hole and in the bottom bucket, put a hole that is twice as big, and put a cork in it. Now fill
    the top bucket with water. It will drop water into the bottom bucket until the bottom bucket is full.
    Now if you pull the cork, the bottom bucket will be releasing water at a faster rate than the top
    bucket, so eventually the bottom bucket will run dry...

The problem with this analogy that I see is that the bottom bucket (being the warp) may flow faster than the rev ( top bucket) but with the extra spin of the warp it compensates by "sucking" water out of the top bucket.

Side note I have a warp and love it! Best feeder on the market period. My question is why buy a Halo when you already have a warp. If you don't havea warp the extra speed of the Halo is good. If you have a warp or are getting one why spend another $130 on a Halo that is not needed.
    This is not a Halo bash my teammate has one on his Angel and it does spit the balls out, I am just trying to figure out if I should drop $130 on something I may or may not get an advantage from.

Paintchucker Guest
    Warp cannot "SUCK" balls out of the Hopper. BTW, Thank you for an excellent belly laugh on a Friday. Too Funny...

It is a gravity feed system, with a rotating wheel in the revvy to make sure that they fall through the hole.

If the balls don't come out of the hopper fast enough, you are gonna run out and chop, no matter if the warp tries to catch up or not. If the balls aren't there, they just aren't there.

Now this is mostly theory, because there are very few people that can keep up a sustained rate of fire that would ever get you to the point of bleeding it dry. You would probably have to shoot like 14-15bps for 4-6 seconds straight before you could get to this point... But Theoretically, you can outrun the Revvy. Being that most people want themselves not their equipment to be the weakest link, the Halo/Warp makes sure that it is not the ball feed system...
    Last edited by Paintchucker; 02-08-2002 at 12:45 PM.

Your'e welcome for the laugh I was just trying to make a bad analogy worse.

I KNOW that the rev is gravity feed I was trying to illustrate how the warp compensates for slower feed rates of hoppers over the warp. What you seem to be forgeting or ignoring is that bar mechanical faliure or the fact that there are only 3 balss left in the hopper you are not going to get of a string of 5-6 balls without the rev starting to feed again. When it does start "dropping" balls agin the warp compensates by catching the new balls up to the stack in the wheels of the warp.

Let me put in my 2 cent in. Our back player the superhero Big Ol'Butch who can fire 13 bps almost on cue has a warp with a revy. He doesn't out shoot it. The halo is nice if you have it on a power feed but on a vertical body you have ball bobble with each shoot and the halo helps alittle but not that much. With a revy on a warp you are lighter then a halo on a warp plus you can melt the revy to fit better then having a long hose around the halo. But everyone has their own ideas on this but here's what I've seen.
    Chupas

Shakira series YO-Mag. Purple to black fade
    Yo Boy for life