Thread: gun lube for automag

gun lube for automag

I know the original gun lube was autolube.......none of the local stores carry it, so is there any other current brands are just as good or better or should I pay the premium to order online. It will cost a fair bit more because I am also in Canada so I get hit with more shipping and the exchange unless anyone has a good source for it.....let me know, I would probably take 3 bottles assuming they are 1 oz bottles. I am also looking for the original asa with the AGD logo on it as well as a vertical adapter for gas through grip with 1 screw.
    thanks

I have a bottle of Snap-On Air tool oil that I've used for years with no ill effects.
    You may be able to find something similar at your local AutoParts store.

so ... using hoppes gun oil as i have been doing isnt ok ?.... whoops .....

I'm pretty sure that Gun oil isn't the best thing. Has something to do with deteriorating the o-rings.

If you search the web, you can still find KC Trouble Free (assuming the bottles are actually filled with KC).

I'm pouring gold cup in every marker I own. Works great for me and cheap here (plus it is every were), i have used air tool oil with no problems. They look the same smell the same and probably taste the same.

I've been using Hoppe's for years on cockers and mags with no ill effects. I actually use hoppe's elite now and it seems to work fine, don't remember the last o ring I had to replace and when I tear my guns down they are nice and clean inside. Chris

Smile Autolube ROCKS !!!

" place several drops in adapter B4 play " ...