Thread: Shoebox with Scuba

Shoebox with Scuba

My review is complete. This thing rocks. Here is my setup...
    Last edited by Tunaman; 06-16-2010 at 07:21 PM.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Very nice!

How long did it take to fill it up?

Makita! I like your style

Also, is that a 4500 psi Shoebox? If so, what did you do to stop it before it went over 3k? Sit and watch, set up a timer? Looking good. Also, is that the hose setup that you will be selling? Thanks Tuna.

It fills slow enough so that you really dont have to worry about overfilling it. You have 21 hrs or so to shut it off so it is almost impossible to overfill it. That is the hose setup I will be selling. A gauge protector is also included. I will post pics of the hose setup soon. My tank is 3500 psi.

tuna was that 21 hrs from empty? How long do you think it would take to go from 2000-3000psi on a 100cu scuba tank
    LP AutoCocker
    Chromed Out AutoMag

Quote Originally Posted by nalby
    tuna was that 21 hrs from empty? How long do you think it would take to go from 2000-3000psi on a 100cu scuba tank
    Yes, from Empty.
    Aprox 5hrs from 2000 to 3000.

this almost looks like a possible small back yard field set up
    fill the scuba pre game day
    fill off scuba during the day
    and run the shoebox to keep the scuba topped off throughout the day
    does anyone else see this as a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by kwood
    this almost looks like a possible small back yard field set up
    fill the scuba pre game day
    fill off scuba during the day
    and run the shoebox to keep the scuba topped off throughout the day
    Yes. That would work good.

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    You would need more than 1 scuba still tho. Filling off of 1 scuba drains it very quickly.

What was your input into the Shoebox? 85 psi or 100?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    What was your input into the Shoebox? 85 psi or 100?
    85. I will be upping it to 95 and doing another test.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    It fills slow enough so that you really dont have to worry about overfilling it. You have 21 hrs or so to shut it off so it is almost impossible to overfill it. That is the hose setup I will be selling. A gauge protector is also included. I will post pics of the hose setup soon. My tank is 3500 psi.
    Nice Tuna
    Any rough idea on when starting to sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    You would need more than 1 scuba still tho. Filling off of 1 scuba drains it very quickly.
    so if you had two 80 cu. ft tanks yolked together this set up could possibly fill tanks for a small group of guys for an afternoon right?

so if you had two 80 cu. ft tanks yolked together this set up could possibly fill tanks for a small group of guys for an afternoon right?
    If you have more than one tank, you should cascade them instead of yolking them together, you would get more usable pressure that way. I usually drain a full 80 cf tank down to 1500 psi in a day play, so for half a day one tank per 2 people perhaps?

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    you should cascade as doubledutch said. That is the only way you will keep enough pressure to feed a mag. We use 6, and can feed ~15 people for a full day with speedball. At the end of the day we can still fill 2k on hpa tanks.

hey Tuna how long till you have your kit up for sale?

I should have the last part tomorrow or friday.

I filled my first scuba on my Shoebox from 400psi to 3000 in 16+ hrs.

WOOT!!

Tom

I should have the last part tomorrow or friday.

Tuna - I have your Gauge Kit already and fill hose -

Can you please send me (a Price so I can pay Now!) on what I need to fill my Scuba (male to male nipples) so I can fill my SCUBA?

I tried a 1/8" Female union with 2 fill nipples - and the guts removed - But I am finding that since the Fill nipple that physically attaches to the SCUBA tank does not have the pin installed - that the Shoebox and Scuba meet an equilibrium before it can reach 3000psi.

(Not sure if Im saying it clearly - so, my male to male fill is straight through, allowing back pressure. Where a fill nipple at entry on the Scuba fill kit would help me be able to stop the flow back out of the Scuba.)

I dont know..... I just want to buy from you what I need to fill my Scuba! Since my idea didn't work at all!

Thanks
    Tuna - and let me know - so I can send payment ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    I filled my first scuba on my Shoebox from 400psi to 3000 in 16+ hrs.

I filled my EMPTY[0 psi] 70/4500 to 3000psi in 1.5 hrs and to 4500psi in 2.5 hrs.

You said 16+ hrs. Lets just say 16 hrs. With my fill times I could fill 6.4 70/4500 tanks from EMPTY to 4500psi in that time.

I have 4 4500s and 1 3000 Tanks

I could fill two tanks on Monday after work. Tech my guns on Tuesday with two full tanks.

Then fill them all on Wednesday, Thursday, little on Friday and play the weekend with 5 FULL FILL tanks and not be bumming with flash fills at the field. Plus when I am driving home I wont be saying oh crap I forgot to top off[which they NEVER are] my tanks with flash fills at the field.
    Last edited by Beemer; 07-30-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PB_RoB
    Tuna - I have your Gauge Kit already and fill hose -

Can you please send me (a Price so I can pay Now!) on what I need to fill my Scuba (male to male nipples) so I can fill my SCUBA?

I tried a 1/8" Female union with 2 fill nipples - and the guts removed - But I am finding that since the Fill nipple that physically attaches to the SCUBA tank does not have the pin installed - that the Shoebox and Scuba meet an equilibrium before it can reach 3000psi.

(Not sure if Im saying it clearly - so, my male to male fill is straight through, allowing back pressure. Where a fill nipple at entry on the Scuba fill kit would help me be able to stop the flow back out of the Scuba.)

I dont know..... I just want to buy from you what I need to fill my Scuba! Since my idea didn't work at all!

Thanks
    Tuna - and let me know - so I can send payment ASAP!
    First of all, are your male nipples and union rated for 4500 psi? If the union is brass it is NOT rated high enough. That being said, you dont need a check valve on thwe scuba side...just close the scuba valve and bleed off through the shoebox. The Shoebox will overcome the equilibrium eventually.

First of all, are your male nipples and union rated for 4500 psi? If the union is brass it is NOT rated high enough. That being said, you dont need a check valve on thwe scuba side...just close the scuba valve and bleed off through the shoebox. The Shoebox will overcome the equilibrium eventually.

The fill nipples are Paintball Tank Fill Nipples and the Union is only as long as the fill nipple threads - but yeah prob not safe or rated for 4500psi.

Anyhow - Paid in Full and thanks for all you do for the Community - Greatly Appreciated!

Payment details
    Transaction Date: Jul 30, 2010
    Transaction ID: 04523235466977721
    Subject: You've got money! - Thanks Tuna (This is Rob)

And yeah - Im hoping it will push past equilibrium. It didn't take any time for the 70/4500
    But I guess because of the sheer volume of the Scuba tank being 80cu - it could take longer? But it was steady for 30 to 40 min.... not one change! I will try again when I get your Fitting in!