Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 2010 V.E.R Frame – Pre-Order Information

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKat
    Done..Thanks
    Already sent!

For those of you that have received your Frames:

You will notice that the set screws on the triggers are NOT loc-tited in. We did not do this because there is no way to find any one persons correct trigger pull setup.

Once you get your frame powered on and bolted to the marker of your choice,.. take some time to play with the trigger without any air,... just watching the LED blink in semi.

I find that the Talon trigger with alot of forward travel, and a slight over travel past trigger switch activation provides me with the highest rate of fire to a moderate level of debounce. The set screw on the top of the trigger is ment to come close to the magnet and can touch it as well. With one magnet installed,.. you will not notice a return pull to that of an E-Mag trigger. With 2 magnets installed,.. the trigger pulls to the return with a MUCH larger force. Your frame was shipped with 1 magnet installed. You can add AGD magnets (up to 3) to adjust your return force.

Play with your trigger adjustments FIRST,.. then setup your debounce to be "less bouncy". Doing this will keep your frame and board from adding shots and allowing the highest rate of fire you can actually pull.

I would recommend that you adjust the frame completely BEFORE heading to the field to play in a game with other players.

The DEFAULT settings on the board will work for 90% of you guys,... just adjust your trigger and debounce,... then change other settings to increase battery life.

Just got mine in this morning! All I've done is mounted it so far (but not sure if I even did it correctly). Hey Jai, is there any way you could put up some instructions on the mounting? I just want to play it safe and make sure I have everything on correctly. But, I gotta say, this frame is absolutely beautiful.

Looks good!

Do you have a rail bushing in the frame and rail?

If you dont,.. that would be something I would pickup and install to keep the frame from twisting on removal and cleaning. I honestly havent been using them for years,.. but since last year,.. I have been using them and they help.

Also,... dont loc-tite the set screws on the solenoid,.. they are hand tight and need only a little force to do their job.

For future reference can you post stock program specs (dwell etc.) that you installed?

Btw it looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by chettacheez
    For future reference can you post stock program specs (dwell etc.) that you installed?

Btw it looks awesome

MROF = 15-20
    Dwell = 7-14 (I like 10)
    Debounce = 5
    Eye Delay = 15 (not valid if you have no eyes installed)
    Eye Type + Break
    Force Semi = 2
    Shot Q'ing = On
    ABS = 0
    After Nitro = Semi
    Trigger Speed = 5
    Trigger Pulls = 2

Adjusting the micro switch: The little lever on the micro switch can be bent into different shapes to aid you in a shorter or more crisp trigger pull. Some of the switches I did this do because I was looking for a consistent effect and speed from every frame. If you bend it too much or too little,.. the switch wont activate. This mod has been done on Angels for a while now and I like the results it gives when combined to a great trigger like the Talon.

Solenoid Set Screws: Dont over tighten them! They are much larger than the ones found in other vertical frames. All you need is a little tug and thats it. Over tightening them will result in damage to the frame and solenoid.

Solenoid: Your solenoid is brand new. You are the first person to ever use it. The solenoid must be in a specific spot to actuate the sear properly and pro-long battery life. The correct position is: Top center so that the plunger point can be seen in the middle of the frame when looking from the top down to the inside. The solenoid ALSO needs to be on the "zero vertical plane" (yes,...we gave it a name). This is the point where a BRAND NEW (this is key) AGD sear will rest when working properly. Given the tolerances of the sear and the striking force of the solenoid, your solenoid: must be to the rear face of the "solenoid pocket" (where your solenoid is mounted) so that the "face side" (the side where the wires come out) of the "coil housing" (or body) of your solenoid sits flush/flat with the back inside edge of the solenoid pocket.
    NOTE: when you tighten the set screws that hold the solenoid in place,.. the solenoid can twist and drift some. You should tighten BOTH in equal amounts and snug them up to avoid this.

Trigger Return Magnets: Your frame shipped with (1) AGD trigger magnet installed. The magnet was NOT loc-tited in,... DO NOT GLUE OR LOC-TITE THE MAGNET. The magnet is held in my friction and will never fall out unless you strip and re-anodize the frame a few times. Pulling out the magnet will (in my experience) not lighten your trigger return enough to notice when playing. Best results have been found with 1 magnet installed. Users can add up to 3 total to adjust the return of their trigger.

I want to say that all settings are relative to your battery life,.. eyes installed or not,.. and how well you maintain the marker. The better the marker ran,... the better the frame will function.
    Last edited by p8ntbal4me; 11-29-2010 at 05:17 AM.

Anyone get a chance to run their frame yet?

any complete frames left?

interested.

please pm me with details.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    any complete frames left?

interested.

please pm me with details.

PM sent

Feedback

Any one who purchased a frame should PM me the link to their feedback thread so I can leave you some feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    Next week. We should be putting a close on this pre-order next week.
    It's next week..... Any update?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    It's next week..... Any update?

Yes.

Scott has the new panels to make the new molds. I txt'ed him and he sent me pictures of progress.

Once I get the last few sets,.. we will ship. The frames are all set,.. just need the panels.

Sent you a PM or two

First impression review

I haven't had a chance to use the frame yet(no ULT at the moment) but here are some bullet points I found after getting the frame

The frame came boxed up very well. There was no way this was going to get damaged during transit.

The weight!! Good god it feel light!

The fit! Feels great in my rather large hands (read long piano player fingers)

The finish! Great dust black anno that matches my tac-1 body near perfectly!

Minor issues! The one side panel does not fit correctly. I can get it to fit but the button head screw is at a weird angle and i really don't want to torque down on it and ruin the threads. Not a big deal since i plan on getting some of those nice panels that are being worked on.

The trigger set screw and backstop set screw were backwards. Again stupidly minor as soon as I saw it I picked up on the issue. Switched them and got the trigger dialed in nicely now.

All in all very happy with the frame. Just need to snag a ULT and i'll give a better after action review.

KK

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKat

Minor issues! The one side panel does not fit correctly. I can get it to fit but the button head screw is at a weird angle and i really don't want to torque down on it and ruin the threads. Not a big deal since i plan on getting some of those nice panels that are being worked on.

We are making new plastic panels for you guys that already have bought frames. Once the new ones are done,.. we will be contacting you to ship them out. Those panels you have can be sent back to receive a new set. Dont bother trying to mod the ones you have or getting them to fit tight,.... you wont need to.

The new ones match the milling of the VER frame exactly,... I am certain you will like these ones much more.

I apologize if the ones you received are not what you expected. We will remedy the issue immediately.

Thank you for your positive comments about the VER frame,... I am glad to see that you like it! Im certain you will enjoy it much more once you bolt it onto a gun for a day on the field!

~ P8nt

Here are 3 videos explaining how to operate your frame and program the board.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...20#post2747420

Nice videos Jai!

I look forward to putting this newfound knowledge to good use. Hopefully soon(??)

Quote Originally Posted by splat15k
    Nice videos Jai!

I look forward to putting this newfound knowledge to good use. Hopefully soon(??)

Hey,... didnt you want your anodized Ripper parts BEFORE your VER frame???

Is that correct? I dont have alot of PMs left in my inbox,.... let me know if that's correct,... I can box them up and ship today.

Hey,... didnt you want your anodized Ripper parts BEFORE your VER frame???

Is that correct? I dont have alot of PMs left in my inbox,.... let me know if that's correct,... I can box them up and ship today.

That is correct, sir. I sent a couple of PM's but your inbox must have been full... I didn't want to pester you too much since I know you're very busy working on these projects not to mention the fast approaching holidays.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by splat15k
    That is correct, sir. I sent a couple of PM's but your inbox must have been full... I didn't want to pester you too much since I know you're very busy working on these projects not to mention the fast approaching holidays.

Thanks again!

3 items are boxed up and shipping was paid for with insurance as well.

Your other parts are shipping Thursday from anodizing... that mark on your rail was not a problem with the rail or anodizing,.. it was the place they hung it from on the rack to set.

I told them to use the inside of the holes where the screws will do the most damage during your gun build. The marks should not even show now when you receive the parts back.

Again,.. sorry for the delay. Didn't like the way your rail looked,.. thought you wouldn't either! That's why I called you,....

Sending you a PM with shipping information,...

~ P8nt

To All Pre-Order Customers:

We are almost done making the new plastic panels for your VER Frames!

Once these are done, you will all be contacted to send in your old ones and receive the new set.

PM'd you.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    PM'd you.

Got it,.. PM'ed you back

3 items are boxed up and shipping was paid for with insurance as well.

Your other parts are shipping Thursday from anodizing... that mark on your rail was not a problem with the rail or anodizing,.. it was the place they hung it from on the rack to set.

I told them to use the inside of the holes where the screws will do the most damage during your gun build. The marks should not even show now when you receive the parts back.

Again,.. sorry for the delay. Didn't like the way your rail looked,.. thought you wouldn't either! That's why I called you,....

Sending you a PM with shipping information,...

~ P8nt

Thanks again for doing things the right way and treating your customers well! This kind of service is rare these days and I hope other AOers recognize and appreciate it as much as I do.

Sorry for the delay with these grips. Its painstaking.. in addition to pouring them, they need to be milled on the back for the noid pockets... then the screw holes have to be popped out, hopefully not breaking any. Needless to say I end up with a lot of blems.

Out of the 18 below, I ended up FUBARing 6 sets tonight

So, when will I get one? Your not going to make me wait till next year are you?

WHOOOOO the last ver frame is mine..... thank you Jai

Updates on when the rest will be completed and shipped?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Updates on when the rest will be completed and shipped?

I txt'ed scott yesterday,.. I have 8 of them headed my way,.. those are dedicated to the frames that have not been delivered yet,...

sorry for the wait,...

I have received the new panels and they look good!

I will start sending out the last invoice amounts for the last frames on the pre-order today.

I am going on vacation starting Saturday,.. I will not be shipping till the 17th of this month.

Please check your inbox for a payoff amount.

Thanks!