Thread: punkworks shoebox in action

Hybrid View

LOL 230 views and no posts. Whats up with that?

How the heck does this thing work? Does it work? Will there be more testing with more info?

Put the cover on when you fill. The motor has a thermal shut off and is fan cooled and draws air. The cover is vented on the left side and when installed, with the motor running will draw air thru the vent and thru the ShoeBox. Do a smoke test you will see. Kinda like your PC tower with fans. I dont run my PCs with the caseings off do you?

"The ShoeBox.........built in air cooling"

I always have my PC case open

I didn't get on the first run. Didn't have the funds due to a bunch of preorder stuff coming out at the same time but it's good to see this thing rolling out with minimum issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    I always have my PC case open
    LOL I work on my PC when its still pluged in. At first glance it doesnt look like a PC has any moving parts with any torque or force like the Shoebox does. I can stop the fans on a PC with my finger and no injury. The ShoeBox WILL not stop on your finger, you will be injured.

Be smart be SAFE. Always run your ShoeBox with the cover on and UNPLUG it when you need to do service.

the kill switch does seem to bind on the cover a bit. but yes, I plan to cover it. we were installing hosing then got excited to test it out.