Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Shoebox shuts off at ~3900psi

  1. #1

    Shoebox shuts off at ~3900psi

    My shoebox is shutting off at ~3900psi. The gauge I am using is brand new and checked 5 days ago.

    I would like to be able to get the full 4500psi into my 88cf airhog tank.

    The instructions are very vague in the adjust area......they don't tell you which way to go to increase shut off. I am running ~85-90psi input (watching the gauge it stays around this range) . It has only been run for about 3 hours. I checked the cut off by closing the tank valve and letting the shoebox run untill it shut off, which was about 3900psi.

    Which way do you adjust the collar (in or out on the shaft) to increase shut off pressure??

    Thanks

    Steve

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    New Hampton,NY
    Posts
    31
    I found on mine that the on/off switch was rubbing on the cover,check that out first
    LP AutoCocker
    Chromed Out AutoMag

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the Box shop
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by kd4arf
    My shoebox is shutting off at ~3900psi. The gauge I am using is brand new and checked 5 days ago.

    I would like to be able to get the full 4500psi into my 88cf airhog tank.

    The instructions are very vague in the adjust area......they don't tell you which way to go to increase shut off. I am running ~85-90psi input (watching the gauge it stays around this range) . It has only been run for about 3 hours. I checked the cut off by closing the tank valve and letting the shoebox run untill it shut off, which was about 3900psi.

    Which way do you adjust the collar (in or out on the shaft) to increase shut off pressure??

    Thanks

    Steve

    Set the input to 85. With the showBox unpluged push the crank arm around to 3 oclock so the shafts are at the furthest out stroke. Put a film of white lithium grease around the shafts
    from the cylinder out about 2 inches.

    Do a test.

    If you need to increase the shut off pressure you want to move the collar towards the end of the shaft or out. Try above first and let us know.

  4. #4
    I am a little puzzled with the outcome. I tried your suggestion and it helped some. With just a little lithium I got it to go to 4050. I dropped the input slightly and got it up to 4100.

    I continued filling the 88cf airhog tank this morning. It seemed to be getting real noisy and I added a little lithium and oiled the bushing. I checked the cutoff again and this time it went to more than 4400psi. I have about 14 hrs on the unit.....is there a brake in period?

    How often do you need to add the lithium...is that 20 hrs also?

    Also it looks like their are bushing on the other side of the block that will also need lube....is that true?

    Thanks for your time.....

    I am overall very pleased with the unit!

    Steve


    Quote Originally Posted by ShoeBox Tech
    Set the input to 85. With the showBox unpluged push the crank arm around to 3 oclock so the shafts are at the furthest out stroke. Put a film of white lithium grease around the shafts
    from the cylinder out about 2 inches.

    Do a test.

    If you need to increase the shut off pressure you want to move the collar towards the end of the shaft or out. Try above first and let us know.

  5. #5
    After the last test with the cut off working at 4400+ I ran it for 6 hours. I was going to shut it down for the night. I shut the valve off on the tank and the compressor shut off at 3900psi again.

    The first stage pressure remains unchanged at 80-85, down from last night . I did NOT want to try putting more lithium grease as it has only been 6 hours since I did it last. I am concerned about getting grease in my tank if I keep using more grease every 6 hours.

    I have not tried moving the collar as I have seen it shut at 4400+ just after it had lithium grease applied, just prior to the last 6 hour run.

    What I am thanking is run 85psi first stage until it kicks off at 3900, then lower the first stage pressure 5-10psi?

    Rather than chassing this cutoff around.....just lower the first stage down to get it to pump higher.

    I am not trying to be a pain, just providing feed back, looking for ideas and maybe helping someone else that is having the same problem.

    Steve



    Quote Originally Posted by ShoeBox Tech
    Set the input to 85. With the showBox unpluged push the crank arm around to 3 oclock so the shafts are at the furthest out stroke. Put a film of white lithium grease around the shafts
    from the cylinder out about 2 inches.

    Do a test.

    If you need to increase the shut off pressure you want to move the collar towards the end of the shaft or out. Try above first and let us know.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the Box shop
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by kd4arf
    After the last test with the cut off working at 4400+ I ran it for 6 hours. I was going to shut it down for the night. I shut the valve off on the tank and the compressor shut off at 3900psi again.

    The first stage pressure remains unchanged at 80-85, down from last night . I did NOT want to try putting more lithium grease as it has only been 6 hours since I did it last. I am concerned about getting grease in my tank if I keep using more grease every 6 hours.

    I have not tried moving the collar as I have seen it shut at 4400+ just after it had lithium grease applied, just prior to the last 6 hour run.

    What I am thanking is run 85psi first stage until it kicks off at 3900, then lower the first stage pressure 5-10psi?

    Rather than chassing this cutoff around.....just lower the first stage down to get it to pump higher.

    I am not trying to be a pain, just providing feed back, looking for ideas and maybe helping someone else that is having the same problem.

    Steve


    You are not being a pain. Thanks for the feed back.

    Is your collar still where it was when you recieved the shoebox?

    We set the shut off in the shop at 85psi in with the collar centered[close to] when the shaft is all the way in the cylinder. This will give SOME adjustment if you want to run 100psi in.

    All the bushings are self lubricating. You can use some white grease if you want.

    We are testing with 68 and 70ci 4500psi tanks from 3000 to 4500psi and 2 to 4 hours to fill.

    We are greasing the shafts after EVERY fill. We have not greased anything else and are seeing no ware on the bushings after more then 100 hours of running.

    You dont need a ton of grease. If the white grease was a problem the back checks in the ShoeBox would be failing under the heat and pressure. Any OIL or DIRT will be more of an issue as that will cause instant failure of the back checks before anything bad could happen down stream to your fill tank.

    For now fill your tank a few times and see where it shuts off. Dont be to worried about where it shuts off in a TEST with your tank turned off.

    Keep us posted and thanks again for the feedback.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •