Thread: Where does the grease go/Relief Valve

Where does the grease go/Relief Valve

I probably think too much, but putting a dab of grease on the rods every 3 hours that grease is going to build up somewhere.

I suspect Tom may come out with some kind of cleaning of the pistons every X number of hours.

If we don't do that I would think alot of grease is going to be built up and end up going somewhere and causing a problem.

What does everyone else think?

Shoebox vent.

Last night when I was topping my 88cf airhog tank......I seemed to have a hard time getting the shoebox to vent when I was finished. It did NOT vent with its usual gusto and it seemed like I had to screw it a lot further in than previous times and it was a slow vent. My guess would be some crap may be in the vent. What should I do to try and clear this problem??

I probably have around 30hrs on the unit.

All suggestions appreciated.

Steve

The grease accumulates inside the retaining nut but doesn't migrate to the shaft after the first few strokes. You just need a touch of grease. Check out the Check and Lube video here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGQuw...eature=related

We lube it every few hours on the test models we are trying to destroy. It seems to be working fine.

Try running 85 psi into the system with the pistons full out of the cylinders and open and close the vent several times and see if you can get it cleared. You don't need to run it. Report back here. If you can't get it working you might have to take out the air block and replace the oring.

Tom

Mine did that also. The next time I did a fill it was fine.

Tom,

I tried as you sugested and had no luck. I had to fill the tank again and because I also have a relief valve on my Airhog I let it go thru a cycle, after reading what big evil had to say. This time it seemed to work OK. I will keep you posted if it does it again.

Thanks for the suggestion and the info on the grease

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    The grease accumulates inside the retaining nut but doesn't migrate to the shaft after the first few strokes. You just need a touch of grease. Check out the Check and Lube video here.

We lube it every few hours on the test models we are trying to destroy. It seems to be working fine.

Try running 85 psi into the system with the pistons full out of the cylinders and open and close the vent several times and see if you can get it cleared. You don't need to run it. Report back here. If you can't get it working you might have to take out the air block and replace the oring.

Tom

Tom,

The vent valve has totally failed. This last time I tried to use it, IT WOULD NOT VENT, and I had to use the vent on my AirHog.

Waiting to hear description for tear down and I guess I need another o'ring unless its in the pack provided.

Steve

Tom

Its unusual that it would fail by not venting. The oring that is in the vent is the same one that is used in the lower cylinder. Its the small white urethane.

If its sealed and you can use your tanks vent I would suggest using that for the short term. We have a redesigned vent rod being prototyped now. When I get them I can send you one.

Tom

Its unusual that it would fail by not venting. The oring that is in the vent is the same one that is used in the lower cylinder. Its the small white urethane.

If its sealed and you can use your tanks vent I would suggest using that for the short term. We have a redesigned vent rod being prototyped now. When I get them I can send you one.

Tom
    Has there been any updates on this issue. I have noticed that the vent on my unit is starting to not vent as fast and I have to turn in the vent rod all the way now.

Any info is appreciated,

Thanks

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by clapinski
    Has there been any updates on this issue. I have noticed that the vent on my unit is starting to not vent as fast and I have to turn in the vent rod all the way now.

Any info is appreciated,

Thanks

Chris

Dont turn it in ALL the way. There is a chance you will bend the spring. We are testing a new one now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoeBox Tech
    Dont turn it in ALL the way. There is a chance you will bend the spring. We are testing a new one now.
    OK, will do.

I have noticed that if you turn in the vent rod in just enough to where it starts to vent and then immediately back it out, you can hear the ball check set. At this point the vent roll frees up and it will now vent properly.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Tom

Well do we have any word on the new vent? Its been quite awhile and you said you had a new valve being prototyped.

Steve

Yes we have them. PM me your addy and we will send one out.

Tom