Thread: Mind of a mad man right now.

Mind of a mad man right now.

So made up my mind...... my business is up for sale. Gotten a bunch offers sitting on the desk, thinking of which one to choose. Couple come with no compete clauses, others just the mowing side, buying a select crew (namely the 580 crew), or just want the contracts.

The funny thing about it is when you tell people that you won't part contracts until the corsponding equipment is sold, they still offer. What part in peoples mind after they read "WILL NOT PART" don't they get. No you can't buy just one string trimmer, or when they ask if they can. I give them the price of the entire business, "thats a expensive string trimmer!" or "you on dope?" is the response I get.

Sorry fustrated,
    Rant and Break over.

Clearly you have never sold a marker on the forums....lol

Its the exact same thing. Ppl will ask you to part or ask you if you want a trade even though you speficially say in bold and size 76 font "Will not part. Cash only offers"

lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by Swampy
    So made up my mind...... my business is up for sale. Gotten a bunch offers sitting on the desk, thinking of which one to choose. Couple come with no compete clauses, others just the mowing side, buying a select crew (namely the 580 crew), or just want the contracts.

The funny thing about it is when you tell people that you won't part contracts until the corsponding equipment is sold, they still offer. What part in peoples mind after they read "WILL NOT PART" don't they get. No you can't buy just one string trimmer, or when they ask if they can. I give them the price of the entire business, "thats a expensive string trimmer!" or "you on dope?" is the response I get.

Sorry fustrated,
    Rant and Break over.

Swamp , thanks for the Rant , a lot of us think that way
    I thought thinks were going well ?
    or ya just tired of it ?

Quote Originally Posted by D3adpool
    Clearly you have never sold a marker on the forums....lol

Its the exact same thing. Ppl will ask you to part or ask you if you want a trade even though you speficially say in bold and size 76 font "Will not part. Cash only offers"

lol.....
    LOL no I don't so much. I'm a firm believer in use till it wears out completely. And don't try to buy new either.

Why I'm selling? Kind of some personal reasons, found the right girl, the many sleepless nights (like right now making routes, invoicing, taxes, etc), absolutely no free time or vacation. Business side of it the company is profitable, though that profit is alot smaller in maintenance then say I focused on construction side of the industry, I could switch but thats going to take time and more capital as the current is step up for maintanence.

Yes things have improved from my last rant lol. The leaching cash problem was solved, loan consladation, demoting/firing unproductive workers, empowered employees, increased employee benefits, and more. I had to break a ton of habits which most take for granted, such as sitting in the "hot seat" and brought in ideas of management by walking away. I pay supervisors and foremen, let them do their jobs. My job in reality is to get the company pointed in the right direction, to me though its hard to be hands free, just that kind of person.

So its not a failure in the book, more like scratch that off the bucket list, and move on. Am I tired of it? I guess you could say so. What I didn't annouce was I did rejoin into the Army Reserve, need retirement benefits lol.

YOu are likely going to end up parting it in the end if you do not have a way to sell it to a current employee on a plan that you can be comfortable with.

I don't mean to be rude or condescending about it but you are looking for two distinct types of people.

The first person is you when you started the business. This person has absolutely no concept of how much business contracts are worth. If you have any luck he actually understands how much commercial lawn mowers (and other things you have) are worth and is not comparing your equipment to what he can buy at home depot. He sees no value in contracts and figures he will just go get his own and not have to pay you for them. He wants only the equipment. Chances are he has his own business name picked out and does not even care about taking yours and the value you have built.

You then have your established competitors. For the most part they have enough equipment and do not need yours. They want your contracts, your phone number, maybe even your business name and other IP that you have spent time building. They understand the value of this that the person who is just starting a business do not.

Remember how little you knew when you started (I assume) compared to how much you know now. Recognize them as two seperate people and understand they are not both buying the same thing.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

^^^^ Not rude very well put. I did end up parting with it, contracts did go to a competitor, My old supervisor ended up picking up a few side jobs cutting grass, I didn't know about it, so he picked up a few mowers and 2 cycle stuff and a bigger trailer for himself. So I'm basically down to a few pieces left.