Thread: Improve your balance with Nature's Harmonic Simultaneous 4-Day Power Balance Bracelet

Improve your balance with Nature's Harmonic Simultaneous 4-Day Power Balance Bracelet

As seen over at PBNation:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3438998

Planet Eclipse is one of the last companies I'd have expected this from. Smart Parts' marketing team must have found a new gig.

personal opinions aside i bet they sell thousands

I don't get what is it usefull for...

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    I don't get what is it usefull for...
    nothing except making money.

LOL That's what I thought...

why drag that junk over here , leave it on the nation

My cousin is a phys-ed teacher, coach, referee, and more. She's worn these for about 5 years now, and though they've suddenly spiked in popularity, they were (and are) pretty damn big in Europe with the football crowd. As I understand they function in a manner similar to the silver arthritis bands that got hot in the early 2000s, which plenty of studies have shown to work... They just look a little sportier, are more durable and appeal to a younger crowd.

've actually seen players wearing them recently, so it's a logical move for PE to put their logo on one. What's the difference between paying $5 more for a PE branded wrist-thingy and paying $5 more for a PE branded bandanna or PE branded lanyard for your keys? They're all things that players are using and buying, and players like buying company-branded versions of stuff. That's business... The bracelet isn't any more effective because it's Eclipse brand, but is a T-shirt more "good" and covering you up because it's got an Estar logo?

**EDIT**
    Just to clarify, I personally don't even take Advil when I have a headache, so this kind of product doesn't appeal to me, but then again I haven't been involved in the tournament scene in ages and these days I just want a mask and a marker, maybe some padded pants. I often just show up in a practice jersey. That said, I've seen players of almost every sport wear them, so why not paintball?
    Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 08-02-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    As I understand they function in a manner similar to the silver arthritis bands that got hot in the early 2000s, which plenty of studies have shown to work.
    Yeah, there's been a study or two that has indicated that the magnetic bracelets might not be completely useless, but that's not what these are. These silicone bracelets with a hologram sticker. A Livestrong style bracelet with a sticker on it. For $20.

But this one's magic, you see.

I have instantly lost all respect for Planet Eclipse for putting their name on this.

This stuff can't even be called "pseudoscientific" nonsense because that would be too generous. It's just bunk, and it's a crass exploitation of peoples' willingness to buy stupid crap that's marketed as a magic cure.

Quote Originally Posted by spantol
    Yeah, there's been a study or two that has indicated that the magnetic bracelets might not be completely useless, but that's not what these are. These silicone bracelets with a hologram sticker. A Livestrong style bracelet with a sticker on it. For $20.

But this one's magic, you see.
    Correct, that's not what these are, but you can't deny that the idea of magnetized metal mingling with and adjusting your bodies magnetic fields is at least similar to the concept of a piece of metal vibrating at a frequency that mingles with and adjusts your bodies harmonic frequencies. I mean, they didn't come from some guy looking to start a con; as I understand he worked for a company delving into these technologies and decided he could do it a hell of a lot cheaper in a manner more oriented to the average consumer.

Again, I don't buy it and I won't buy one.

...so lets call them $20 livestrong bracelets. If a bunch of people are playing paintball in $20 livestrong bracelets, and you're the owner of one of the largest paintball companies in the business, why wouldn't you put your name on one and sell it yourself? People are buying them anyway.. I mean, people buy crappy show jewelery at WalMart for $20 all the time and it probable costs the same to produce; it's the look, not the quality or usefulness. Is a PE sweatband any more effective than a kitchen rag wrapped around your head? No, but it looks better and has the logo that some players are looking for.
    Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 08-03-2010 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledz
    Here at Planet Eclipse HQ we utterly respect the opinions of our customers and this $20 wristband, no matter how innocently we intended it to be, has caused unrest. We do not want to fool, con, lie to or mislead anyone with any product we produce.

The Power Balance wrist bands may or may not do anything. Nobody here at Planet Eclipse is a Scientist and it could very well be the case that we have been taken in by the hype, though we did actually perform the tests ourselves. Perhaps it was a bad error of judgement to have this product made... So my decision is that I’m not going to sell this item. We have taken this product off-line and we will be contacting the few dealers that have already purchased them in order to give them a full refund. If you have purchased one of the Planet Eclipse Power Balance wristbands and would like a refund please contact the dealer you purchased it from.

As a lot of the critics have said these wristbands could be and possibly are a ‘Placebo Effect’ item, which may be true or not - who knows? All I know is that we tried it ourselves and couldn’t deny the effects. So here’s what I propose….I am going to try and pass on this ‘Placebo Effect’ to our sponsored teams and send them a bunch of the Power Balance wristbands and see what they think. If they do nothing at all, the very least they will do is fulfil their primary function as a cool fashion accessory.

If you feel we have insulted your intelligence we apologise. This was certainly not the intention.

One last word on the matter… I have checked our e-mail account for Planet and there is not a single e-mail saying, “Hey, you do know those wrist bands are a con, don’t you?” If anyone ever has any issues with any items from Planet Eclipse then please try contacting us directly. We are humans and thus are fallible. We make mistakes but we will always listen and learn from these mistakes and do the very best we can to put things right.

LEDZ
    they arent for sale anymore. Ledz is a standup guy, and won't let his customers down
    Last edited by Bolter; 08-03-2010 at 11:37 AM.

So PE now stands for Placebo Effect?

Good props to Eclipse putting a high importance on their company image though. It costs a chunk of change to produce a product and pull it like that.

"Hold on. You almost forgot the power-crystals."

PCP is my preferred balance enhancer. As an added side effect you become resistant to police issued Beretta's too

I'm glad they're rethinking it. I'm sure it seemed like a no-brainer at the time...a buck a unit...two after they stamp their logo on it and 18 dollars profit on the whole deal.

It eases my conscience enough that I can go buy that Eclipse on/off ASA I want at the local shop and not feel dirty about it.

When I saw the title, I thought a spambot had finally received a registration again.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW
    When I saw the title, I thought a spambot had finally received a registration again.
    The original ad copy reminded me of Gene Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwitch
    "Hold on. You almost forgot the power-crystals."

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...amite-fs21.jpg

Last edited by Beemer; 08-04-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: remove pictar tags

I just did a 15-second scan of that webpage, and my head almost exploded...

yow, looks like a good place to hide public encryption keys.

I wonder if that's "English as a second language" or just the absence of evil education.