Thread: Apache hopper mod

Apache hopper mod

My Apache quit working consistently and my revolution has been broken for quite some time. What do you get when you add 2 broken hoppers, some free time and a dremel tool? This video....

So I didn't mention it in the video but I did have to do a decent amount of dremeling to get it to fit in there. I had to cut on the the body and the motor casing, but it's fully functional.

seems like a consistent feed on that one.
    I have some hopper parts lying around I was meaning to do something with. never happened lol.

Hrm, haven't had problems with my apache jamming, but that still looks like a nice mod.

Quote Originally Posted by vf-xx
    Hrm, haven't had problems with my apache jamming, but that still looks like a nice mod.
    Upon further inspection I found out the gears are stripped, but not fully. The apache motor would spin the paddles unless there was resistance, regardless of how much. You could hear the motor turning but the paddles werent moving.

After modification the revvy motor fits in extremely snug, there's no wiggle room. If I ever tear it down again I'll post a how to with pics, but that wont happen until I get an intelliframe.

Unless you just feel like doing it again. I think I have all the parts I could drop off with ya.

Might be worth doing before I expoxy my feedneck and therefor shells together.

Sure, I don't mind. You're local right? Just come by
    and I could possibly even do it while you're there. Pm me whenever is good for you. I have a few buds coming over to work on the field on either tues, wed or thurs, but I'll
    have some time. We're playing the 14th

thats pretty cool, do you still have it? I didnt think of doing that because the feedneck on my revvy was broken. My apache doesnt have the constant on thing, it has a very tiny plastic microswitch tab that hangs out in the feedneck and spins the paddles whenever it's bumped. I really like my apache even though some people call it a starship destroyer!

Where did you get that little green paddle in your hopper? That would be so much better than the rigged one I have in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by the mag guy
    thats pretty cool, do you still have it?

I didnt think of doing that because the feedneck on my revvy was broken.

My apache doesnt have the constant on thing, it has a very tiny plastic microswitch tab that hangs out in the feedneck and spins the paddles whenever it's bumped. I really like my apache even though some people call it a starship destroyer!

Where did you get that little green paddle in your hopper? That would be so much better than the rigged one I have in mine.
    Thanks.

Yep, still have it. Fits the Warp feed hose perfectly when loading it from under the powerfeed.

See, my revvy was in prime condition but it's the clear [crappy] plastic shells. Didn't like it - so - I did this instead...lol. My Ricochet was the "constant spin" crap and hated THAT...so I created this monstrosity that actually works pretty well [for a 'prototype' design].

The Impeller cane with the Revvi. If I had to hazard a guess, it's a 'new' style paddle to match the new style shells.

Don't know if the impeller is stock now, but in the early 2000's it was an aftermarket impeller modified from an eggy.

eVil impeller I think it was called. Bought a couple and would never use anything else in my revvy's.

Mag guy: No, you DON'T want this impeller in your Apache. It doesn't fit the cup right and it pinches / jams. I've tried.

What you have sweeps the cup pretty well looks like.
    Last edited by vf-xx; 08-04-2010 at 07:25 AM.

yeah it hugs the cup rather well, but it doesnt rub. It took me a couple of tries with a lighter and needle nose pliers to get the arms of the paddle just right. I can fit a few sheets of paper between each arm and the sides of the wall. Since the apache has the "cup" at the bottom and that custom (rigged) paddle, I'm thinking I might be feeding faster than 14. I'm not trying to feed faster, but that is definitely a plus. This will last me until I'm ready to pick up my next loader.

I've been eyeing halos for years and they seem to be the standard, but I really like what I've read about the rotor and I've always wanted a qloader not to mention a warp. If I got a warp I could keep my Apache!

Does anyone have anything bad to say about the qloader?

Q loaders are finicky. They seem to work right if you know what you're doing, but it also seems to be easy to break balls (especially with fragile paint) in em. Have a set up for my sniper which is currently broken (the sniper that is).

I've got my Chimera framed mag running a warp, and I love it.

Still working on my warpless offset feeder rig. I really need to get to work on it and to stop just 'talking' about it.