Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 256

Thread: CCM macro fittings

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,543
    Just got an email back from Melissa. Apparently, not taking any custom work as she put it. Poop. Any idea of someone else that could make this?

  2. #122
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    398
    I'm interested in a pair dust black fittings, got a set left?
    No gun

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Automag ReTro
    I'm interested in a pair dust black fittings, got a set left?
    I am all out right now and CCM is also. Waiting on them to rework them into their inventory. I will keep you posted.

    OPBN-sorry, maybe a machinist could do something for you.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    398
    You're all out of Dust Black, or all colors? If you're just out of black, what about Dust Blue or Polished Pewter?

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Automag ReTro
    You're all out of Dust Black, or all colors? If you're just out of black, what about Dust Blue or Polished Pewter?
    All colors. I am waiting for CCM to manufacture the stock they need so I can acquire more.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    Still waiting for word.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,010
    As an FYI to anyone who runs into this problem..

    I, and a couple of other people I know, had issues with these fittings leaking out of the box. They were fine in the beginning but began to leak after a couple of weeks of using them.

    I found a very easy fix though..

    They come with a bag of extra o-rings. Take the stock o-ring off the stem and replace it with the largest o-ring in the bag. It almost seems too big for the fitting body but just screw it down tight.

    Did that to both of mine and they are totally airtight now.

    Not sure what the purpose is of all the different sized o-rings but the biggest ones fixed the problem for me.

    Just thought it might help someone else having leaking issues.
    Superbolt

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    As an FYI to anyone who runs into this problem..

    I, and a couple of other people I know, had issues with these fittings leaking out of the box. They were fine in the beginning but began to leak after a couple of weeks of using them.

    I found a very easy fix though..

    They come with a bag of extra o-rings. Take the stock o-ring off the stem and replace it with the largest o-ring in the bag. It almost seems too big for the fitting body but just screw it down tight.

    Did that to both of mine and they are totally airtight now.

    Not sure what the purpose is of all the different sized o-rings but the biggest ones fixed the problem for me.

    Just thought it might help someone else having leaking issues.
    The o-rings are there to rebuild the fitting. I have not had one issue since putting mine on and putting a drop of oil on the macroline as suggested.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by SSP REAPER
    The o-rings are there to rebuild the fitting. I have not had one issue since putting mine on and putting a drop of oil on the macroline as suggested.
    Yeah, I take back what I previously said, it started leaking again afterwards.

    The final fix (I think) is just that it is a lot harder to seat the macroline fully in these than in regular fittings. It clicks twice - once to lock inside the collet and once more to seal against/into the internal o-ring.

    I have been messing with mine for a few days trying to get them to be consistently airtight and I read on MCB someone saying 'make sure they click twice' - that was the fix for me.

    If they leak, just keep pushing on the macroline until it clicks twice and they will be OK.. fixed it for me, at least.

    I also used teflon tape this time around instead of blue loctite, not sure if it helped but they seem fine right now.

    Either way, they look awesome and now I have them airtight, I love 'em

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,611
    You have to make sure that your cuts on the macro are at 90*. If you have an angle, it will not seal well at all. Then press the macro in HARD to make sure it seats.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    524
    Dust brown available???

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Londonderry, NH
    Posts
    1,326
    Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    You have to make sure that your cuts on the macro are at 90*. If you have an angle, it will not seal well at all. Then press the macro in HARD to make sure it seats.
    this is key. i use a small pocket-sized tube cutter. nice clean square cuts everytime
    the "double-click" is also important. the collets will grab onto the macroline before it's fully sealed. these fittings are a little deeper than standard so be sure to give yourself some slack when cutting the macroline

    oiling the orings or at least a drop or two before inserting the macroline helps too.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out west.
    Posts
    422
    What's the update on fittings? Are all available?

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Cheeze
    What's the update on fittings? Are all available?
    I have not heard yet but will send an email today and find out.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,543
    What is the wrench size used on these? I have tried both metric and standard and yet to find one that fits perfectly. I even took the fitting to the hardware store and tried to see if there was a size I was missing and didn't find one.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Londonderry, NH
    Posts
    1,326
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    What is the wrench size used on these? I have tried both metric and standard and yet to find one that fits perfectly. I even took the fitting to the hardware store and tried to see if there was a size I was missing and didn't find one.
    I had used a small adjustable wrench on mine. I only turned it a little more than I could tighten by hand. last thing I'd want to do is break that post

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out west.
    Posts
    422
    Need to get 2 polished pieces asap, prefer blue or green. Got a build coming up and need them for that. Thanks.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Cheeze
    Need to get 2 polished pieces asap, prefer blue or green. Got a build coming up and need them for that. Thanks.
    Still waiting on the reply as to when they will be available. Sorry bud.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    Fittings Are Now Available

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out west.
    Posts
    422
    1 set of polished green. thanks

  21. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    the country of california
    Posts
    1,134
    Three sets if possible. One polished black and two in dust black.

    PM sent.

    Payment sent
    Last edited by hill160881; 04-25-2011 at 10:24 AM.

  22. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by hill160881
    Three sets if possible. One polished black and two in dust black.

    PM sent.
    Replied good sir

  23. #143
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    190
    could i get one gloss and one pewter elbow?

  24. #144
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by crawler24
    could i get one gloss and one pewter elbow?
    Sorry that's a negatory. CCM will not sell individual fittings. Best bet would be to find someone to buy the other set you don't use, or buy the two sets and keep the extras for spares.

  25. #145
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out west.
    Posts
    422
    Need 2 sets polished black fittings. thanks

  26. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    replied

  27. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    Buy 3 sets of fittings and pay only $87 shipped

  28. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by SSP REAPER
    Buy 3 sets of fittings and pay only $87 shipped

    Offer still applies!

  29. #149
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,782
    *~* TUNABALL SPECIAL *~*

    Each set (any color or finish) for $25.00 and I'll cover the shipping from CCM !


    Hand delivered at TunaBall 5 event from me to you.


  30. #150
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Waterless Ga
    Posts
    1,450
    Cool I need a few.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •