Thread: Fill Times

Fill Times

I don't believe there is a thread yet for fill times. Since the compressors are out and about and getting some use I though we could start a 'chart' of how long fill times are taking for everyone. If you guys wouldn't mind posting your fill times for various sized tanks I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

OEM out of box, 85psi in. 70ci/4500 from dead empty to 4500psi 2hrs and 50min.

Thanks Beemer,
    Have you filled any other sized tanks?

Anyone else fill any tanks yet? For personal reasons I want to know the typical fill times for various tank sizes. I thought everyone might find this useful, and the information could be used to better market the compressors in the future. Meaning they could state average fill times to potential customers based on peoples actual use with this 1st run. Hope to see more replies like Beemers...

44cf (cubic FOOT)

15 hours, 0-3200PSI, compressor locked up so no more data than that at this time.

Airhog Piglet tank, Piglet is a miniature carbon fiber air tank that holds 17 cubic foot with a displacement of around 120 cubic inches. On each fill the compressor stopped dead on at 4500 psi. Input psi is 85 and it took just a few minutes more than 4 hours from zero.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47
    Airhog Piglet tank, Piglet is a miniature carbon fiber air tank that holds 17 cubic foot with a displacement of around 120 cubic inches. On each fill the compressor stopped dead on at 4500 psi. Input psi is 85 and it took just a few minutes more than 4 hours from zero.

Carl
    I finally got everything needed to use my S.B. and it filled a 72 ci. tank form 0 to 3 k. in two hours with an 85psi feed. Works great, at least I am not using a hand pump and I like that part. I'm lasy.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47

Carl
    you might want to up the input pressure. i filled my 44cf scba tank from 0-4500psi in 9' 10 minutes using an input pressure of 95psi- still within Tom's recommendation range but a significantly faster fill. i stopped and lubed it every 3 hours(had the whole setup on a simple sprinkler timer- lube took less than a minute each time). only issue was remembering that every 3 hours i needed to go outside and lube it.

Quote Originally Posted by jdollar
    you might want to up the input pressure. i filled my 44cf scba tank from 0-4500psi in 9' 10 minutes using an input pressure of 95psi- still within Tom's recommendation range but a significantly faster fill. i stopped and lubed it every 3 hours(had the whole setup on a simple sprinkler timer- lube took less than a minute each time). only issue was remembering that every 3 hours i needed to go outside and lube it.
    Thanks much for the tip. I will increase my input PSI to 95 and see how that helps.

Carl