Thread: updated pics

updated pics

Got this thing in yesterday and had to go to work. But, today, I am off and had a chance to really check it out. Made a few changes. And, for the people who get the milled fittings, you def. have to have square ends on the Macroline, or you leak. Anyway, just wanted to post up some pics. There are some notable changes from the pics that Mel sent me.
    I got the barrel ano'd to match, got the CCM Macro fittings, and got some Hogue wraps for this.

Mmmmm, left feed.

Also, just to while the time away waiting on it to arrive, I was shamed into making a set of wood inserts for the 86 frame. First attempt, just to see how to make them. Used some Granadillo wood that I had laying around. Not bad, but a little too light colored for this gun. That top inside corner is a PITA, and I still didnt get it right.

WOW, sigs. Havent seen these in a while here on AO.

Classy.

Ive still got a few slabs of that sweet burl you made my Viking panels out of. Would look perfect on there. LMK if you want it. Not doing me any good here.

Thanks War, but, that wood would be a bit too busy for this marker. It is going to be a working gun. I have some wood that I am going to use, just want to get the shaping bugs worked out before I start grinding on it. And, you never know, you might find a suitable gun to have another set made.

I really didn't know how the brown would turn out after seeing some of CCM's pictures, but that came out really nice.

I'm still not a fan of the CCM ASA. I ended up picking up a Gear Drive and I'm going to try to line up the ASA so the fitting is directly under the trigger guard.

What is the difference in feel with the Hogues? They look like they fit a little fatter in your hands.

Simply stunning! I like the CCM logo on the back of the bolt. Is that how they come now or did you have to ask for that?

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    That is nice, very nice....drool....you got the vert body for it as well didn't you?

Thanks guys. This is probably the last new marker that I will ever buy. Nothing made today sparks any interest in me. Unless they perfect the railgun mod for paintball

Zondo, my camera skills still suck. The colors are not accurately depicted here. Except in the third pic, the one from the back of the marker. The feed neck is pretty close to the color of the marker in person. Lighting seemed to be just right for that portion of the marker. Also, I find the CCM ASA is just fine for me. But, I do understand that everybody has their own preferences. The ASA is simple and it works, bleeds off when opened. Simple, like me.
    And the Hogue wraps, because of the finger grooves, fill the hand much better. The stock grips are fine, just a little thin. Not bad, but I prefer a bigger grip. That is why most of the wood grips that I made were a bit fatter, to fill the hand. And, the, as far as performance, it is hard to beat rubber for grip. No slipping when the hands get sweaty.

Splat, the CCM logo is standard on these markers. When you buy a T2, you can specify the color of each piece and if you want the CCM fittings and any special tattoos. Other than that, it is a stock gun.

Punkncat I did get the centerfeed as well. But, I have found that with a pump gun, you have to aim the thing. Not just point it in the general direction. I am not good enough to shoot instinctively just yet. I get lucky, but I aint lucky enough, so I have to work on my skills. I think that the Left feed will allow me to aim down the top and I am right handed. I really dont know what I will do if I ever have to shoot out the left side of a bunker.
    Last edited by kruger; 09-16-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kruger
    Splat, the CCM logo is standard on these markers. When you buy a T2, you can specify the color of each piece and if you want the CCM fittings and any special tattoos. Other than that, it is a stock gun.

I just ordered a T2 about 2-3 months ago so I'm familiar with their ordering process and available options, but I was referring specifically to the back of the bolt itself. The bolt on my T2 has a flat bolt back but yours has a nifty logo. I thought maybe it was a special request or it could be the new standard issued part; either way it looks sweet!

Sorry, didnt know that you had ordered one, just posted that to provide as much info as possible. This is the way that it came so I guess that it is standard now cuz I didnt specifically request the logo on the bolt.

But, there is one change that is standard that I did not get. The Reg now has the inlet hole a little lower so that the fitting, CCM or standard, does not hit the grip frame when you remove it. I noticed a thread on MCB that was telling about it. Not a big deal for me, but, it is standard now.
    Last edited by kruger; 09-16-2010 at 07:30 AM.

That's odd; I got the lower inlet port on the reg but not the newer bolt. I just hope CCM does another run of the cram and jams or develops a rigid stock class feed for the T2 sometime soon.