Thread: updated pics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

updated pics

Got this thing in yesterday and had to go to work. But, today, I am off and had a chance to really check it out. Made a few changes. And, for the people who get the milled fittings, you def. have to have square ends on the Macroline, or you leak. Anyway, just wanted to post up some pics. There are some notable changes from the pics that Mel sent me.
    I got the barrel ano'd to match, got the CCM Macro fittings, and got some Hogue wraps for this.

Mmmmm, left feed.

Also, just to while the time away waiting on it to arrive, I was shamed into making a set of wood inserts for the 86 frame. First attempt, just to see how to make them. Used some Granadillo wood that I had laying around. Not bad, but a little too light colored for this gun. That top inside corner is a PITA, and I still didnt get it right.

WOW, sigs. Havent seen these in a while here on AO.

Classy.

Ive still got a few slabs of that sweet burl you made my Viking panels out of. Would look perfect on there. LMK if you want it. Not doing me any good here.

Thanks War, but, that wood would be a bit too busy for this marker. It is going to be a working gun. I have some wood that I am going to use, just want to get the shaping bugs worked out before I start grinding on it. And, you never know, you might find a suitable gun to have another set made.

I really didn't know how the brown would turn out after seeing some of CCM's pictures, but that came out really nice.

I'm still not a fan of the CCM ASA. I ended up picking up a Gear Drive and I'm going to try to line up the ASA so the fitting is directly under the trigger guard.

What is the difference in feel with the Hogues? They look like they fit a little fatter in your hands.

Simply stunning! I like the CCM logo on the back of the bolt. Is that how they come now or did you have to ask for that?