Thread: vent knob

Hybrid View

vent knob

How is it removed ! There looks like an allen head keeper on the side of the knob but of all the tools in my garage I do not have that size allen wrench.*#! The parts blowup don't show jack and I've tried different nail tips,making my own wrench,nada.
    Now I'm going to go to the garage and take a sledge and beat the mofo off and make my own knob
    Last edited by marauder25; 09-27-2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: vent

Well I pried and beat the knob off.wonderful.it looks like a pitbull got a hold of it.With the knob off,I tried everything I could find to loosen that allen head,forget it.Put the new vent rod in pounded on the old knob AND it still doesn't work/vent.I have tried blowing hpa everywhere except up my arse.Next will be a partial strip down with ,you guessed it, lost or extra parts.
    Tom,I will pay for the correct allen key for every kit you send out.Send me a guesstament on price for the key and I WILL send you the money, guaranteed.
    Last edited by marauder25; 09-27-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: pissed

Quote Originally Posted by marauder25
    Well I pried and beat the knob off.wonderful.it looks like a pitbull got a hold of it.With the knob off,I tried everything I could find to loosen that allen head,forget it.Put the new vent rod in pounded on the old knob
    The allen size for the knob screw is 050 its the smallest size in a real allen set. The next one smaller then 1/16.

Before you destroyed it you could have just got a new one for 99 cents at home depot or radio shack.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoeBox Tech
    The allen size for the knob screw is 050 its the smallest size in a real allen set. The next one smaller then 1/16.

Before you destroyed it you could have just got a new one for 99 cents at home depot or radio shack.
    Even a $2 set from a local hardware store bargain bin will have this size.