Thread: CF Sleeved ULE Body Mods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OPBN-

I purposely did not use any kind of glue to attach the CF tube to the remainder of the bodies. The CF tube slips on with a very slight press fit instead. I did this in case, for whatever reason, the CF tube cracked, or was crushed under misuse - the user could simply pull off the old one and press on a new sleeve. I would not recommend using any kind of glue or epoxy on the interface for this reason.

I'm not sure how exactly the new tube could differ from one I've done in the past because I've always used the same dimensions. The sear slot and on/off pin are scaled down a bit from a ULE body, but have worked great in all of my testing and for many other users. Could you get a picture of the slot and holes from the two different sleeves side by side so I can see whats going on with them?

The slots are the same. The only difference is that the hole that the the sear pushes the on/off through is larger on the older one I have. Both inserts seem to slide back a little when I fire the marker which then causes the insert to slightly block the on/off pin. The larger hole in the older one keeps this from happening.

Warped, If you ever continue this upgrade put me on the next list!

Thank you sir!

OPBN -

So when the new sleeve is correctly installed (and hasn't slid back yet) everything works fine? If that is the case, then thin coat of blue Loctite between the CF sleeve and body should provide the extra adhesion needed to keep the sleeve from vibrating loose. I would use blue Loctite as you can heat it up to break the bond if you ever need to later on. This is the first case I've ever run into of this happening, but I don't doubt what you're saying.

Let me know if that works or if we need to try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedmephisto View Post
    OPBN -

So when the new sleeve is correctly installed (and hasn't slid back yet) everything works fine?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedmephisto
    If that is the case, then thin coat of blue Loctite between the CF sleeve and body should provide the extra adhesion needed to keep the sleeve from vibrating loose. I would use blue Loctite as you can heat it up to break the bond if you ever need to later on. This is the first case I've ever run into of this happening, but I don't doubt what you're saying.

Let me know if that works or if we need to try something else.
    I'll try this. I would say it was an aberation of some sort, but it happens with both inserts on the same body. I need to try the inserts with the other body and see it if does it as well. Honestly, the other one I have has been sitting here for some time. I didnt notice any issues with it, but since the one hole is milled out a bit, it wouldnt have the issue. Can't say if I noticed whether it slid back or not.

Got mine ....

Name:  2013-04-08 21.23.01.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  60.0 KB

@OPBN:
    did you get to fix the issue with yours? Can't test mine yet, won't be playing till mid May probably ...