Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: CF Sleeved ULE Body Mods

Sounds good - I am going to knock out the first rail this afternoon.

Andy, I gotta get my body back from Hill... That's mine on his marker. But I may have another body sent your way before too long as well.

May go ahead and settle up with ya and worry about the other deal later though.

DM

DM - Shoot me a PM and remind me again what it is I need to do for you.

Scott - Finished up the 2nd body and rail - just waiting on the next rail to get in. I need to talk with Shane about possibly doing a run of those now.

All - I just finished up making some more CF sleeves today, so turn around should be real quick on this modification!

Quote Originally Posted by warpedmephisto
    DM - Shoot me a PM and remind me again what it is I need to do for you.

Scott - Finished up the 2nd body and rail - just waiting on the next rail to get in. I need to talk with Shane about possibly doing a run of those now.

All - I just finished up making some more CF sleeves today, so turn around should be real quick on this modification!

cool, should have all the parts by now including the foregrip and triggerframe.

does the body need to be re annod or anything?

when ur all done shoot me a price and were set, thanks again

Nah, the body doesn't need to be reanodized. On the ULE body you sent in, do you want the front trimmed down like the first body you sent in, or should I leave it full length?

yeah as close as you can have them to the same would be great, so the front lip being raw doesnt really show? or cant see with a barrel on it?

The front isn't hidden by anything, so it shows, but it such a small area that I wouldn't think it would warrant reanodizing. If it really bothered me I'd take a black sharpie to it, hah.

The front isn't hidden by anything, so it shows, but it such a small area that I wouldn't think it would warrant reanodizing. If it really bothered me I'd take a black sharpie to it, hah.
    not that i was worried about the body, just figured if the rail need the re anno i could have everthing new/fresh and ready to rock. im sure preston could use the work :P

is it done yet?!

pm'd ya

I was reading your thread and I love the looks of the carbon fiber body mod. Would this be possible to perform on a SS original powerfeed body? I don't really want to dump the money on a ULE body just to it cut up.

Looking at a SS body here, I think it should be feasible - not much different than the ULE bodies. If you've got a spare SS body, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

what is the turn around time for a ule?

Looking at a SS body here, I think it should be feasible - not much different than the ULE bodies. If you've got a spare SS body, I'd be willing to give it a shot.
    It would be awsome if you could pull that off. you could drop the weight of the old bodies in half by taking off the back half. With twistlock barrels, super fun.

mag79 - I can get bodies done in about a week max nowadays.

I have a SS body that I currently use on my mag, so I may try a little experiment and see if the CF works out on it. If it does, I think we may be on to something.

mag79 - I can get bodies done in about a week max nowadays.

I have a SS body that I currently use on my mag, so I may try a little experiment and see if the CF works out on it. If it does, I think we may be on to something.

your pm box is full

let me know if it is possible to do and I will send you my body. it may have to wait a few months. About to PCS from Turkey and I don't want to get it lost going back and forth in the mail.

What's the verdict? Any luck with the Stainless body? If you still need a donor body let me know. Very interested to see the outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbrawler70
    let me know if it is possible to do and I will send you my body. it may have to wait a few months. About to PCS from Turkey and I don't want to get it lost going back and forth in the mail.

I haven't cut my own stainless body up, but if you want to donate one for a trial run, I'd be happy to give it a shot.

I haven't cut my own stainless body up, but if you want to donate one for a trial run, I'd be happy to give it a shot.
    i have one you can try out, just PM your Name and Address and it's yours!
    BPS - Baller's Pro Shop - ballersproshop@hotmail.com
    • "Hellspawn" WDP Angel LED 99
    • "Foxwood" WGP Autococker Bob Long Ironmen RF 97
    • "Kenobi" WGP Autococker E-Blade blue VF 2k2
    • "Raider Nation" AGD AutoMag CF ULE Hyperframe LX Hurricane
    • "Gray Ghost" AGD ReTro Mag CF High Rise LX

Total Freak - Tips: 12" AA black, 10" Boomstick black
    Bidness with Dover - Feedback

What's the turnaround look like for this on a standard ULE body?

I have been away for a few days. I can send you mine if you need one to work with. Like I said I am in Turkey so shipping will be about a 2 week trip each way plus whatever time you need to mill it for the mod. Send me your address and I will get it out to you unless DOVER has his on the way for the test.

Shawn

ladd - Turnaround is about a week, or less if I'm feeling extra frisky. I have plenty of tubes done up already, so it doesn't take long at all.

Shawn - Dover offered to send his to me for the test, but honestly it doesn't matter to me who sends theirs in. However, I would say just for the sake of shipping costs and time, let Dover send his in and if it works, then I can open the flood gates to everyone who wants it done. Sound fair?

Lemme know when you get the stainless body, it was shipped April 20, 2011 via Canada Post US Small Packet - Surface

Dover - Received it the other day. I will be trying it out here shortly.

Someone send this guy an RT body! If only for the dimensions. A ULE body with a CF back end would put so much life back into a classic RT. I keep thinking about buying an RT just for this.

I have two bodies i would like this mod for, please send postal and payment details and confirm costs for the uk return also please.
    W

just checking to see if you had gotten my body yet...

thanks

SSP - Yep, received your body the other day. I will knock it out this week and let you know when I ship it back.

-Andy

excellent!

I have a question about the mod on a ULE body. What's the weight change to the body after the mod is done? I understand this mod is purely for asthetics (as many AM mods are), just wondering if there is a significant change.

Thanks!

-AM
    Last edited by aztlan messiah; 05-16-2011 at 08:52 AM.