Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Brothers Grimm are back under a new Alias: GOG paintball

The Brothers Grimm are back under a new Alias: GOG paintball

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...parts-gog.html

Get the word out and lets squash this company before the brothers grimm ever have a chance.

Let the torchlighting commence.

Quote Originally Posted by CatoRockwell

Get the word out and lets squash this company before the brothers grimm ever have a chance.

Funny. I posted an almost identical post in our local PB forum. I just used the Brother Sue-Everyone.

My Sig on most forums:

Yeah, I've been trying to dig up some info on GOG, but all I can tell is that they're selling rebranded Dow33. There's no indication that they've acquired or transfered any of Smart Parts' assets. They are probably trying, though, along with everyone else. The lube thing is probably just so that they can create a small revenue stream and show the banks they're a real company that can put product on shelves fast.

They must have bought the rights to the freak barrels because they're listed on the site (look like the same stock pics as before).
    Other things like "max-flo" and "fire bolt" make me think they went bankrupt to dump their debt, then bought the rights to all the stuff they used to make with other people's money.
    Shady business practice much? (though totally legal)

You can tell that they dont have much money, did you see the hideous looking model on their web site? They need to sell some stuff to buy that chick a ham sandwich.
    WOW, sigs. Havent seen these in a while here on AO.

Crackheads work for cheap and don't want to eat a ham sandwich

anyone else notice the main contact is in Costa Rica and the USA/European numbers direct to the same UK number?

S

lol "eNVy"? it's a freakin vibe!

girl model? thought it was a guy, look closer :P

this is kinda old news...if you have been following everything at least.

anyone who thought the gardners would go out willingly is naive.

That model is a boner killer.

Apparently GoG and smartparts markers have the same barrel threading

http://www.gogpaintball.com/tctbarrel.html

And some maintanence items:

Maintenance: The following items are available to buy separately for maintenance and repair:
    * GR33SE Lubricant
    * Screw Kit -eXTCy/Ion
    * Seal Kit – eXTCy/Ion

.....how "Freedom fighter of you" to let them do as they wish.....

Just sayin'

It seems I was wrong about their product lineup...they're selling a rebranded Vibe as well as an SP-1 or something similar. I'm guessing the upcoming xTCy is probably a shocker.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, though...it could be that the only reason they're selling these rebranded guns is because they bought out existing smart parts inventory...they may not be manufacturing anything, and they may not own the patents. But then again they do list Smart Parts Europe as international distributor and they're operating out of the old Smart Parts facility. Seems like they managed to buy themselves back out of bankruptcy, but that isn't definitive.

Anybody hear anything about Whitehats LLC lately? Their website reflects no changes since about August. Either this IS whitehats, or they may have failed in their takeover bid.
    Last edited by factoid; 10-22-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothice
    That model is a boner killer.
    My **** just quit. No two weeks notice; just quit.

Quote Originally Posted by druid

.....how "Freedom fighter of you" to let them do as they wish.....

Just sayin'
    Don't start this argument again on AO dude. You and I have a fundamental disagreement on what my rights are. I believe I have the right to blackball anyone I want so long as I don't use force to do so. I am merely letting all the SP haters out there know whats going down so they can squash this monster before it grows another head.

I know you think suggesting to other people that they shouldn't do business with these despicable people is using force, but I disagree. I am not suggesting the government shut them down, I'm not suggesting we firebomb their factory. I am merely suggesting a boycott, refusal to purchase their wares. There is nothing anti-freedom about that.

I am not suggesting the government shut them down, I'm not suggesting we firebomb their factory. I am merely suggesting a boycott, refusal to purchase their wares. There is nothing anti-freedom about that.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that's in the good spirit of capitalism and the free market...

That said, they failed once, they failed a second time; they'll fail again.

Must be the stuff that went out the back door under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that's in the good spirit of capitalism and the free market...

I don't consider a company that sold paintball equipment, markers and accessories for 20 years "Failed".

Everyone has their opinion of them, but I feel with out their line of markers out there, the choices for low-mid range markers are much fewer now.

The model fits the gun and that name GOG. "Hey guys I just bought a GOG" It sounds stupid.

No way they will make anything out of this.

[QUOTE=dolphin1823]I don't consider a company that sold paintball equipment, markers and accessories for 20 years "Failed".

Well they went chapter 7, then chapter 11. That's what's known as "failure".

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin1823
    Everyone has their opinion of them, but I feel with out their line of markers out there, the choices for low-mid range markers are much fewer now.
    Perhaps if ICD and WGP were still around it wouldn't be quite so hard... There are a few other companies who might like to toss their hat in the ring for low-mid range electros, and did for many years, but for whatever reason they're no longer in business, or are but stepped away from paintball to avoid the poo-flinging and gouging that the sport has devolved into.

Here's the short list of low-mid range electros...

Pirhana Evo EXT ($75)
    JT/Empire ER3 ($75)
    Pirhana G3 EXT ($100)
    US Carver One ($125)
    Pirhana Ravage ($125)
    US Alpha Black ($150)
    Pirhana GSX ($150)
    Spyder Pilot ($150)
    Azodin Blitz ($175)
    Spyder MR1 ($200)
    Tippmann 98C-PE ($200)
    Proto SLG ($200)
    BT-4 ERC ($225)
    Spyder Electra ($225)
    US Project Salvo ($250)
    Azodin Zenith ($250)
    Tippmann A5-HE ($275)
    Spyder MR2 ($275)
    Azodin KP+ ($275)
    Invert Mini ($300)
    Spyder Fenix ($300)
    Tippmann X7-HE ($350)
    Tippmann Phenom ($375)
    BT TM7 ($375)
    Dangerous Power G3 ($400)

As for stuff that can be found new but is out of production, the Rex clone guns (timmies, spyders, cockers), the WGP Trilogy series, the ICD Promaster (basically the latest gen midrange Bushmaster). Mustn't forget the old 32* and Psychoballistics markers. This stuff can always be NOS/NIB on eBay or Amazon, even in stores. All of this stuff is under $150, electronic, and upgradable, and readily available.

You'll note that none of the markers mentioned above are more than 10% plastic, with the exception of the sub $100 range. Can you say the same for ANYTHING the Smart Parts <$400 line? In the last 10 years? No need to answer... I'm not denying that there were some great accessories made in the early years, but after the first decade or so everything was too cheap and too poorly supported. If Smart Parts had stuck to barrels, grips, and accessories... Well, they've still be around.

Thats what I'm saying, Druid thinks its counter to my beliefs in the free market to verbally try to boycott a company.

I'm a libertarian. You guys can both think what you want as long as you don't **** with me or eachother

That said, I don't need rebranded Dow 33 or a plastic $200 electro so I don't think it'll be challenging for me to stay away from GOG.
    I'm also a libertarian. You're just jumping into a long argument about philosophy and human rights taht Druid and I have had across 2, no now 3 forums. He is not a libertarian. He thinks we believe in total chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin1823
    I don't consider a company that sold paintball equipment, markers and accessories for 20 years "Failed".

Smart Parts and their patent abuse is the very reason we don't have more choice in the electro market.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of boycots...there is absolutely NOTHING anti-capitalism about boycots. Voting with your wallet is the absolute bedrock foundation of the free market. And our right to freedom of speech entitles anyone to voice their opinion and attempt to persuade others.

Of course you're also free to voice a counter-opinion if you think they're wrong. Neither party is infringing on anyone's freedom by doing so.
    Last edited by factoid; 10-22-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Nah...I call it what it is...

People sit and cry about AGD, AKA [et al] and blast SP - yet own Empire, Halo, DXS and everything from everyone who does the same BS...just in a "different venue."

...all the while, claiming people should have the "right" to do whatever they want....just so long as what 'they' [SP] wants is the same was what they [cato and crowd] wants too. If not, jump to boycott them.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

BUT...I'm done with this thread. They're back, get used to it and have your tissues ready for when you get eliminated by another $200 marker while shooting your $1,500-$2,000 X-Mag.

Night.

This coming from a guy who was asking about buying a new AKA marker...

And to be honest, I don't recall Empire/Halo/DXS lying to get patents and then completely stopping the free progress of paintball marker technology with C&D's. I do however remember SMART PARTS/Gardner bros. doing that to everyone else though.

so FSP and FGP!!

A SP ad from my Feb, 2001 issue of APG. enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by theGOLDENchild
    A SP ad from my Feb, 2001 issue of APG. enjoy

Wow...that was...interesting.

I love the part where they claim to have invented electronic control of paintball guns. Because theirs wasn't even the first electro on the market, they were just the first to apply for a patent by a month or two. Several manufacturers were developing this same technology simultaneously.

And SP successfully altered their patent filing several times, widening it until it encompassed all electropneumatic paintball markers.

Their first filing I felt was actually pretty reasonable and in line with what patents are SUPPOSED to be. They originally filed for something along the lines of a dual-solenoid electropneumatic design with a specific ram setup.

They patented their design basically...which I think is fine. But then they went back and said "No, actually we invented the very idea, so you have to pay us to use it".

What Empire and some of the others do is patent designs and processes. As far as I know DXS hasn't issued a cease and desist against other paintball manufacturers just for making biodegradable paintball fill....they just patented their particular formula and manufacturing process.

Quote Originally Posted by factoid
    What Empire and some of the others do is patent designs and processes. As far as I know DXS hasn't issued a cease and desist against other paintball manufacturers just for making biodegradable paintball fill....they just patented their particular formula and manufacturing process.
    Exactly. There's no response to that... Plenty of companies were bloodthirsty in their patent grabbing, and a few were bloodthirsty in their attempts to enforce (thing K2 going after AM-P...) but none played games like that. The barrel insert lawsuits and patents, the EP lawsuits and patents, even the attempt to control the ported barrel... Other companies "settled" for what they created and deserved, but Smart Parts couldn't.

The very first time i see a gog, i will smile and say, you've been GOGed. Like someone smothered you in smelly gog.

GOG, it sounds like something dead, and rotten, with maggots, that smells really bad.

God wouldn't be "karmic" if someone else were able to get the SP patents and then sue these guys for violating the patents