Thread: Alloy used in X-valves?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alloy used in X-valves?

planning on getting my X-valve reano'd...I understand the alloy used is something other than your run-of-the-mill 6061, so need to know what alloy to tell the anodiser...

anyone?

I know CAD files for slug bodys call for 7075 so due to preasures I would presume the valve is 7075 or harder. I wouldnt be supprised either if the back piston body would be hardened as well.
    Euro E-mag | TL63 | XMOD| EM01610
    Euro Rt | OG | RT02382.

I'm pretty sure it's 7075. The two most common 7k alloys are 7075 and 7050. The former is by far the most common.

HOWEVER: Your anodizer should be able to tell you this. If he doesn't have enough experience with the marker to know that, he'll probably mess up your body/valve/rail on/off tolerances, get the ano color wrong on other parts, and overall get you a mediocre job, regardless of his level of experience and quality standards from other work.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt
    I'm pretty sure it's 7075. The two most common 7k alloys are 7075 and 7050. The former is by far the most common.

HOWEVER: Your anodizer should be able to tell you this. If he doesn't have enough experience with the marker to know that, he'll probably mess up your body/valve/rail on/off tolerances, get the ano color wrong on other parts, and overall get you a mediocre job, regardless of his level of experience and quality standards from other work.
    not sure I follow...our plating shop holds extremely tight tolerances every day (they do medical and aerospace stuff for us all the time)...the fact that he isn't familiar enough with paintball guns to know what alloys are used in any given part should have no affect on how he handles anodizing said part...7075, regardless whether it's part of an X-valve, or if it's a widget used in surgical instruments will plate exactly the same (depending on the type and class of anodise, will build X-amount every time)...the process doesn't care what the part goes in...just what alloy is used...

I am not even sure. Some of them were 7075 but when we went with colors we MIGHT have gone with 6061.

tk

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    I am not even sure. Some of them were 7075 but when we went with colors we MIGHT have gone with 6061.

tk

hmmmm...this is a pewter X valve...serial number VV05545 if it helps...