Thread: On/off problem with X valve

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

On/off problem with X valve

Hi I purchased an X-valve and I can't get it to fit into my micromag body. It seems the on/off doesn't fit flush enough with the rest of the valve body to slide in and is hitting the edges of the micromag body. Is there some thing wrong with the valve? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It should fit. Is there something preventing the on-off assembly from going into the hole all the way?
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    It should fit. Is there something preventing the on-off assembly from going into the hole all the way?
    I took the on/off out and checked inside and I don't see anything that should block it. I also checked the X-valve diagram and everything seems to be where it should be. Its sticking out maybe the thickness of a finger nail but it's enough to prevent me from sliding the valve into the body. If I squeeze it it goes in, but when I relieve pressure it come back out. Could it be the two o rings?

Okay. You've probably got two pretty new orings. They fit tight together sometimes, push each other out and act like a spring. Add oil, hold it in, and insert. Shouldn't be an issue.

Put the assembly together while outside the valve. Put the small oring over the pin and then the large outer oring on over the small oring. See how they interact.