Thread: Doc's Shop adapters?

Doc's Shop adapters?

I have heard of the Doc's shop barrel adapters and just found them on his site... So, this looks like an awesome product and I want to know if they are worth it and really work! There are a few barrels that I would like to try but they use cocker threads and this would solve my problem any thoughts??

Thanks

Doc is godly and his products are excellent. Therefore, your question is heresy. The public burning will be held at dawn tomorrow.

Seriously, Doc's stuff is top notch. His service can be slow sometimes from what I hear, but it's worth it.

Thanks for the swift reply .... Gonna get one I really want to keep using the powerfeed body since I am not crazy about the ULE bodies since I can't mount my red dot on them due to the vertical feed... I love my red dot

If you want a large bore (.690 or so) bore, you might let him know. I think some of his are small (.682 or so). They are nice. They do add a little more stainless though.

Might be a good idea to just get the larger one even if you like a small bore. That way you're good regardless of the paint you're using or want to switch to a larger bore.

Good idea!!! I'll be sure to contact him about that.... I would want the larger bore cause I use the smart parts freak kit and can downsize with that... What's the best way to get a hold of him? Email?

I bought one off him in august or so and it was somewhere between a .689 and .692. Works great. I do wish it was made of aluminum though. You're basically paying for the machining, so why not use the lighter material?

Quote Originally Posted by factoid
    I bought one off him in august or so and it was somewhere between a .689 and .692. Works great. I do wish it was made of aluminum though. You're basically paying for the machining, so why not use the lighter material?
    I had one on a minimag with a stainless valve. That makes a big chunk of stainless.

I would agree that aluminum would be ideal from a weight stand point... I already use the Smart Parts Freak system but wanna okay around with other barrels... What's everyone's favorite most accurate barrel??? Cost is not a factor..

I have both the SP Freak kit and the Angel Slapstick barrel kit's and like the Angel better, it's lighter than the freak and seems to be better on air with the same accuracy and consistency. I have yet to try the Deadlywind Fibur barrel but ill know how it performs in a couple of months.

Kits:

The DW barrel is top notch. Extremely quiet, accurate, and durable. My wife uses one. I've heard the Freak kits are pretty inconsistant though, but have never personally measured one (does this insert fit? great, let's use it, end of story). The quality of Dye's barrels are top notch (I use an Ultralite, the bore feels smoother than the J&J's). I've heard great things about the Scepter kits. CP and J&J also make excellent kits (J&J is considered to be a sweet spot for the $/quality ratio) Longbow kits take first prize in nearly all categories on the objective barrel test threads I've seen. If you can get your hands on one of those, you're sitting in a good place.

Singles:

CP makes an amazing one. Stock barrels off Egos and Bob Longs are top notch if you're adding a .693 to the collection. The J&J ceramic or Full tilt will also be excellent choices. Except for the weight, Palmer Brass is easily the finest one piece barrel ever made. Also be sure to look at the Stiffi barrels for a CF one piece.

With good paint, I can't tell the difference in any of them.

With wompy event paint, my revolver kit is absolutely terrible. A Hammerhead barrel was a huge improvement. I don't believe so much in paint spin stabilization, but I do believe in grabbing ugly paint by the ears and flipping it on the wide side every time.

i've had good results with my powerlyte scepter kit, but better with the Lurker eigen-barrel. underbored to .678 and steps to something like .685 at the porting....best single barrel i'v used.

Wow, I haven't seen that Lurker barrel before. 7075 is way tougher than the standard 6061 we generally see. Looks like a decent hardcore underbore design. I like the clean KISS profile.

Right now I'm shooting a Furious Lotus barrel. It's sweet. It's a two piece 14" all aluminum barrel.

The honing is absolutely amazing inside. It's one of the smoothest barrels I've ever owned. Shoots real nice, but in my opinion all barrels are within about 5% of each other accuracy wise.