Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: New E-Mag/X-Mag board!!!!!!

I'll take one please.

well since i can't find the xmod programmer.

I'll get one.

and no i won't send it off. i can't live with out it.

boards

Do you have any more boards or are you going to make another run?

Quote Originally Posted by D6E6V6O
    Do you have any more boards or are you going to make another run?
    These boards are not in production yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheePsycho
    These boards are not in production yet.
    Correct.

We have only made proto-types. We are de-bugging the testing software right now.

How are the proto-types shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by TheePsycho
    How are the proto-types shooting?
    In the simulator they work fine.

We have to correct all the software bugs before we get 100% results with the boards to send them out for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    In the simulator they work fine.

We have to correct all the software bugs before we get 100% results with the boards to send them out for testing.

The boards are done. We are trying to fix the ramping algorithm and LBI issue

The boards are done. We are trying to fix the ramping algorithm and LBI issue
    Glad to hear, can't wait to purchase one to try out on my e-mag.

interested

havent heard from you whats up with the boards are they available yet

The prototypes are made.... we are trying to complete the software. We have basic fire modes and settings now. We are working on the advanced stuff to ensure everything works the way we want before production.

just got emag lowers and looks like a good idea to have a back up board, but how long will it be before you have a complete product ready to ship? and i dont know much about the emag so what would be the best route for a newbie emager?

Quote Originally Posted by babyface
    just got emag lowers and looks like a good idea to have a back up board, but how long will it be before you have a complete product ready to ship? and i dont know much about the emag so what would be the best route for a newbie emager?
    Not sure.
    I have noticed in doing these custom projects that a deadline to be met will not ever be met even when thing go right.

That's why we have set no release date.

The software is the last hang up right now. We have semi auto, full auto, response, and burst all set in the code. We have been tweeking the ramping and some other features for well over a month now.

We are trying to get a complete product before we release.

The project is very much alive! The work on the board and software has been contracted out. I have been involved in the code writting to keep track of the software revisions.

Please add me to the list. I'd like to have one of these boards when it goes to production.

Im also interested in a board.

Here is where we are at,....

Ive been really sick and really busy with life the past few weeks,.. havent got much done.

Yesterday I received a drill file for the new boards and we approved the production design we will be using.

Proto-types are still being tested with code issues (ramping is not a simple to figure out as you would think it to be)

The LED is on the lower left, tourney lock on the lower right. Both can be seen through the window on the panels.

Solenoid connector is J1
    J2-J5 are all the eye/ACE, HES, and power connectors.
    SW1 and SW2 are the power switches and eye buttons.
    X1 and X2 are the mounts for the board.

Here is a picture of the board layout.

Sweet i am glad that this is still coming together. My other set of lowers is so lonely sitting in the box all by it self.

are you still producing a new ace board as well.??

Quote Originally Posted by eelz
    are you still producing a new ace board as well.??
    Yes

I'm thinking that i'll be finally picking up an emag because of this board.

I may have missed something but I'm guessing any chance of an LED screen was scrapped?

If so that's a bummer... I'd really like one but I really don't want to go back to blinking lights.

$50 to add a screen, as someone else said, is nothing when we're talking about the overall cost of the guns these things are going into. I spent over $300 on an anno alone for my last E-mag lol and who knows how much on a blue LED screen to match the anno.

I wouldn't consider $300-350 for a board, ACE, noid, and LED screen out of line at all. Especially from a small business(?) in small batches.

speak the truth

i agree willing to pay the extra for a screen, ace, and board

P8nt - not sure if you are taking a poll or not, but if you are, add me to the list of guys who would pay extra for an actual screen. I, as well, don't really care for blinky lights. As far as I am concerned, it is a step backwards. Just over 10 years ago, the Emag came out, and it had a LED display. It seems - I don't know - "wrong" - to go blinky-lights.

To be honest, that doesn't mean I won't buy a board anyway. I have a set of lowers SCREAMING for a board.

The cost for the reengineering of the board, extra coding and the LED board itself is going to be a hell of a lot more then just $50. That $50 will maybe cover the LED board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    The cost for the reengineering of the board, extra coding and the LED board itself is going to be a hell of a lot more then just $50. That $50 will maybe cover the LED board.
    I and I'm sure many other people would agree it would be worth the cost. Why not just adopt xmod for the board?

Man, I hear too many people complaining and wanting to pay more for a screen. Besides saying you will pay, what have you contributed? These guys are butsin' balls trying to get everyone a new board. Why not be happy with what they are providing? For those that want a screen, just wait till someone buys this board and buy their old board... Blinky lights are not a step waay back, a lot of current markers are using it today because its a way to cut costs and it makes mass production easier.

If I come across another emag, Ill gladly pick one of these boards up, just don't put me on the official list yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus-the-virus
    I and I'm sure many other people would agree it would be worth the cost. Why not just adopt xmod for the board?
    Really? Here's a taste of a quote for a Add-on to the board.
    Wireless - Out of the question. I talked with the paintball company I'm working with, and they said 19 extra components and $(see note at bottom) in added cost for development. Not to mention the circuit changes that I have to make.
    Note: Not sure if he wants that public.
    Were not talking about making a few thousand boards here. Were looking at like 200 boards if that.

It'll cost way too much for people here.
    Last edited by Ando; 06-06-2011 at 08:09 AM.

^^^ exactly.

As for a screen. Well i know i love the screen on my Emag currently. But the blinking light is just as good as far as i am concerned. I am NOT willing to pay extra for the board for Paint to basically redesign the whole board (and the price tag) to use a screen. I just write down what the lights mean and tape it to the inside lid of the case. Besides how often will i change the settings on the field or at the field for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus-the-virus
    I wouldn't consider $300-350 for a board, ACE, noid, and LED screen out of line at all. Especially from a small business(?) in small batches.
    Thats exactly where it would be at for cost to you with a solenoid when you figure in the screen and the amount of programming it takes to get the screen to work.

You guys are all understanding it now from my end. Its all cost.

There are approximately 1200 E/X-Mags out there.

Im going to have a 100 boards made at a time. Making a 1000 would be better,.. but Im front loading the cost and I just cant swing it in large volumes.

A new board, with new code, new solenoid, plug n play connectors, break beam eye support, and future ACE board upgrade,.. is a deal when you think about where the OEM board stands.

Im trying to get new boards to replace old ones..... the cost to do something like this is very high. But the goal is quality.

The LCD/LED screen part plus code to run it and the chip to hold such sizable code puts $100 right on the top of each board.

Software engineer hourly rate is well into $80 an hour.