Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: New E-Mag/X-Mag board!!!!!!

UPDATE ON THE ACE Board

Bad News, Good News

Bad News - I was thinking to send the main board out to be re-tested against the new software and forgot about testing the optical eye this coming week.

So no eye testing on the new main board

Good News - I was looking at the schematic for the new main board and noticed that with a couple added parts, I could direct wire the new eye into the universal board I built (old design, same schematic on the eyes though) and what do you know,......

The ACE Eye works,.......

So for those of you that want to buy a new ACE board,.... you may be able to get your purchased ACE shipped WITH your new main board

We are moving forward into order a printer board to test now. I will purchase the components I need Monday and get the ball moving.

Nice

ANOTHER UPDATE ON THE ACE BOARD

I was able to finish the proto-type design before heading back into town.

Board has been finished and ordered. Should be here in 16 days

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    ANOTHER UPDATE ON THE ACE BOARD

I was able to finish the proto-type design before heading back into town.

Board has been finished and ordered. Should be here in 16 days

Once they are tested together and ready to go, just let me know the package price, and I'll send the $$$$

Now the question is, do I buy the SFL from correia3 to drop this bad boy into?

Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople
    Once they are tested together and ready to go, just let me know the package price, and I'll send the $$$$

Yes, yes you do

I had an idea for an added bonus to the new ACE board.
    I didn't think of it till I paid for the prototype last night to be made.

But if I can do some quick calculations on the circuit timing next week and measure the x-mag rail and breach section, buying the new ACE will be a must for ALL E-MAGS !

You simply won't want to not have one.

Which one did you look at getting?

The pewter one

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Yes, yes you do
    Say I do though, what do I do about that breech?

This is great news with the Ace definately put me down for the combo to ship together.

Mostpeople- I was gonna snatch that SFL from Correia but other hobbies got in my way so I wasnt able.
    I was gonna just have it fully redone with new anno, custom trigger, etc. The breech is not such a big deal at the end of the day its a RARE SFL regardless. The xmod software turned out to be great, but with these new boards and software these guns will never die. Good luck on your decision regardless.

Say I do though, what do I do about that breech?

Id say if your vesting the money to buy that sfl, you should vest the money to have a breach milled to match the sfl letters.

My 2 cents.

UPDATE ON THE MAIN BOARD

LEDs arrived late last night

(some of them)

Pictured here is enough to make 100 boards.

We will ship these off to the board house and now are waiting on the tourney switches to arrive.

Moving forward!

Pre-Order Closing Date 2/29/2012

The advertised price on the new main board will be closing at the end of the month (2/29/2012)

If you need one of these and would like to get a discount, dont wait!

There is a price increase on materials now across the industry. We will be seeing more of the same I am sure in the months to come.

Price is still $160 + shipping and insurance

----------------------------------

UPDATE ON THE ACE

We have not nailed down a price on the new ACE yet.

I know a lot of you guys have been asking for them and I am sure you want to know if it will cost an arm and a leg to get.

At this time we can not even give you a range of prices to figure on because we have been changing the design DAILY to allow for cost reductions on other components such as header and wires needed for BOTH boards to interface and deliver a quality result.

We WILL deliver a new ACE, it is now an investment for us at this point.

The proto-type will be here in a few weeks (12 days I believe now) so we can test fire some paint though it in the X-Mag body then.

Id say if your vesting the money to buy that sfl, you should vest the money to have a breach milled to match the sfl letters.

My 2 cents.

I concur.

Added "Hellrox" to buyer list

31 more to go!

My 2 cents.
    I concurr, I'm mulling it over atm...

I just had a few good points pointed out to me on a board swap on my Angel. Yes the board works now, how about in 3 months? 6 months? a year?! if somethings breaks will u stand by ur product? will u offer repair? yes it tests good now but till it gets in our hands and gets the real abuse then what? Dont get me wrong, I love what u r doing, all of it but i have to protect my interest. i dont want to have a 1 of a kind board that if i need parts or help im in the sticks on the deal?

forgive me if this has been covered, i just learned that this is most likely the way im going to built my Mag and if this has been covered sorry i have not read every post.... there r a ton lol

Good work man and lmk im really looking forward 2 placing an order also did u have a estimate on how much the ace stuff will run when u get those?

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover
    I just had a few good points pointed out to me on a board swap on my Angel. Yes the board works now, how about in 3 months? 6 months? a year?! if somethings breaks will u stand by ur product? will u offer repair? yes it tests good now but till it gets in our hands and gets the real abuse then what? Dont get me wrong, I love what u r doing, all of it but i have to protect my interest. i dont want to have a 1 of a kind board that if i need parts or help im in the sticks on the deal?

forgive me if this has been covered, i just learned that this is most likely the way im going to built my Mag and if this has been covered sorry i have not read every post.... there r a ton lol

Good work man and lmk im really looking forward 2 placing an order also did u have a estimate on how much the ace stuff will run when u get those?
    We will warranty the board for 30 days of purchase from manufacturers defefects.
    a simple exchange for a new board is what we have planned.

What we will be doing however is running a diagnostic on all returned products.

We will detail the warranty more as we get toward the end.

But yes, there is a limited warranty on your product.

All good points, but also remember... there are no more stock boards. This will be the last breath of air for the emag ...

make this board work in older Angels and u have a secure product for a long time....

make this board work in older Angels and u have a secure product for a long time....

The board wont fit, so it wont work as is.

We can make any board for any marker,... all it takes is customers.

We will venture out some more after we make our mark. Right now we have this new E-Mag board to finish and the ACE boards.

We are developing a universal board right now, and we have parts in route for the RF link on the way.

We will be busy this next 2 months

UPDATE ON THE MAIN BOARD

We received a price for colored boards (other than green) to be made.

Although it is a bit more money than we had hoped to spend, we are going to make colored boards.

The color choice of those whom have spoken up is: BLACK

We have given the board house the okay, and they will apply the solder mask color to the PCB order.

Moving forward!

UPDATE ON RF KIT

We received our test boards in for the new RF kits.

These boards will help us develop our new production modules.
    We know the RF / AUX end on our main boards will work with other kits such as the EMPIRE or VIRTUE RF kits.

As a company, we are looking to move out and make newer products.

We hope that with the developement of the new ACE boards as well as the RF kit, our customers will be pleased with the direction we are moving.

We hope to have some more news next week!

UPDATE ON THE NEW ACE BOARD

According to the tracking number, the proto type should be here today.

I have received a nice cases of sinusidis (spelling?) So no much happened over the weekend.

I will post pictures as soon as the new ACE arrives.

UPDATE ON THE NEW ACE BOARD

Here are the pictures of the proto-type

I will order the connectors tomorrow morning for the wire harness.
    I thought I had some around here in the shop but I guess I was wrong.

If you noticed there is a hole missing, you are correct. It was much cheaper to drill the hole here than have the factory do it.

I will update again after we order the parts and get some soldering done.

Moving Forward!

Simply awesome! Keep up the great work!

Parts have been ordered.
    We will start assembly when they get in.

new boards

do you have a time frame for assembly and testing?

Wow, that is looking really good, and a lot simpler than the original boards as well.

Might have to order 2 of these from ya! LOL

*also, do you intend to make a new housing for the eye? I'm talking about the black plastic part that fits over the eye and mates to the bottom of the xmag body.