Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: New E-Mag/X-Mag board!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4rpp
    i would prob want an ace
    When we do the main board,.. we will decide if we are making a new ACE as well. If we dont do the new ACE,... we will still support the AGD ACE

I sent an OEM main board and ACE board to get looked at.

After a long hard look at what would be best in the end as far as time and product support....

... we will be revamping the ACE board.

Would it be possible to get this to work with break beam eyes like that were made before.

Quote Originally Posted by TheePsycho
    Would it be possible to get this to work with break beam eyes like that were made before.

The new Main board will support Break Beam/Bounce Beam Eye Systems.

We are looking at making an ACE board that allows for the use of Break Beam eyes to be plug into it as well to eliminate a lot of wire leads.

We are still in the design phase of this project.... more to come.

You can add me to the list

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me

Details that are being considered:

Bundled with a new solenoid coil (body no plunger)
    Building a new ACE board
    so the new solenoid coil is the same as we have just with a connection to the new board or soldered to the new board?

whats options do we have for those that don't use the standard emag batter pack? will this board support different sources of power?

(I know the stock emag solenoid needs the emag batter pack to function... there's more then one way to skin a cat. I just want to make sure if i got this new board if it could function on say a 9v battery)

I sent an OEM main board and ACE board to get looked at.

After a long hard look at what would be best in the end as far as time and product support....

... we will be revamping the ACE board.
    Will the revamped ACE board work with the OEM E-Mag boards or just your board?

Quote Originally Posted by kcombs9
    so the new solenoid coil is the same as we have just with a connection to the new board or soldered to the new board?
    The solenoid coil is the bottom half of your solenoid. The solenoid coil is what pulls the plunger down when energized.
    We could bundle a new solenoid coil with your new boards. Which means you wouldnt have to de-solder the old solenoid coil from the OEM board,.. solder a new pigtail to the old solenoid coil, and plug it into the new board.

New solenoid coils means they would be polarity correct with connectors built in. After installing your new board, you would only have to plug the new coil in. No soldering.

whats options do we have for those that don't use the standard emag batter pack? will this board support different sources of power?
    We have talked about making the board function the same way as the OEM board works. The voltage amount will be on par with the OEM board. We are looking to make a board that "switches" the power rather than "regulates" it. The OEM board doesnt allow for a lower power source. We tried to change this a year ago and it didnt turn on.

A "Switching" board is one that takes the power source and "switches" it to close the circuit and operate the solenoid
    A "Power In Power Out" board is one that takes the entire source voltage and sends it to the solenoid.

(I know the stock emag solenoid needs the emag batter pack to function... there's more then one way to skin a cat. I just want to make sure if i got this new board if it could function on say a 9v battery)
    The problem with making a board that takes "other" power sources is the warranty. If we make a board that everyone will be removing and "hacking" up,.. we will provide no support for the boards. The best solution this early in the design phase for us would be to make a board that works with the AGD/KC battery packs you all currently have installed.

If the board we make ends up being a "Power In Power Out Switching" board, then it will take any voltage from 5-30v

Quote Originally Posted by correia3
    Will the revamped ACE board work with the OEM E-Mag boards or just your board?

It will work with only the new boards. I am set in eliminating the Molex connectors the OEM board uses. Id like to move to a more secure JST connector.

The new ACE would:
    1) not have a power switch
    2) not have a POT to adjust the eye

It may house a new connector to link up with the new main board.

We are still designing guys...... everything can change tomorrow!

a few questions.
    we (me and my brother) come from Germany. would you also send to Germany?
    We are looking for specific different firing modes for the emag board . such as full auto, burst mod, ramping and Autoresponse (pull one shot and release one shot) can you already tell whether these functions on the finished board will be available ?
    I see that you almost surch since a year for the 50 people,but even a half you have together :-(((( don´t you make on other pages advertisements for your e-mag board or a homepage for example?

Should I even ask around in German forums if they are interested in the board ?

thank you

Predator

+ 1 (if you will ship to germany)

I'd be in for at least 1

Thanks,
    E

I think you should put the extra time and a few more bucks into the boards and add a screen. Having the gun tell you what mode your in rather than blinking or multicolored lights is a nice feature. Im down for 5 of them if you add a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror
    I think you should put the extra time and a few more bucks into the boards and add a screen. Having the gun tell you what mode your in rather than blinking or multicolored lights is a nice feature. Im down for 5 of them if you add a screen.

Im working on the schematic for the board as I sit here.

Looking at it,.. the screen isn't A LOT of work to add,.. its the code that will be the challenge.

I was relying on another source to do that part.

If I add an LED screen,.... Im not sure if the cost will be affordable.

How much more expensive do you anticipate the board will be if you add a LED screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    How much more expensive do you anticipate the board will be if you add a LED screen?

$38 to $48 more

$38 to $48 more

What about another type of screen? I think 40-50 more is worth it....These are going in some pretty expensive guns anyways. A full blown custom build with customs machined body, rail etc and fancy anodizing is atleast 1200 to do.....whats 50 bucks.

Could you do it as an option?

Could you do it as an option?
    Looking at the existing OEM board,... no. You have to add in 5 more resistors, 2 more capacitors, and all those need leads on the board.

It would have to be a separate board all together. Making a dual purpose board in the odd shape of the OEM board is not easy.

We could do 2 boards,.. but whats the point?

Unless someone was willing to fork over the cash to have the upgrades done to an OLED screen,... I am not going to spend time teaching myself electronics. Im already 5 designs into this board already,... getting it to become an item that will stay up to date will be a challenge.

What about another type of screen?
    Again,... if someone was going to pay for it (as in pay for the entire run of boards) I would look into the design. Right now I just dont have that kind of capital to throw at this sort of upgrade.

Someone can take my spot. Ill be selling my Emag soon because I need money

Quote Originally Posted by Enhander
    Someone can take my spot. Ill be selling my Emag soon because I need money

I just finished the schematic using an LED today,.. boards will take some time to test. Sucks you have to sell ur Mag

I'll take 1 for sure, mabye 2, prob 2
    when do you need payment?
    Thanks

UPDATE

Meeting with my design engineer on Monday to finalize the board.

Already in negotiation with another board maker to use their RF loader technology

More to come

Is it a paintball company? Hater or Virtue?

Is it a paintball company? Hater or Virtue?

Yes. It is a paintball company

Yes. It is a paintball company
    Can I guess Seventh Element then.

Are you going to take beta tester or do you have that set already/

Quote Originally Posted by pk5
    Are you going to take beta tester or do you have that set already/

We will be picking beta testers.... no one has been selected yet for that.

Most likely it wont be until we are working on the code specific to the board.

Can I guess Seventh Element then.

Goes to show just how "out of touch" I am with the PB circuitry market

I thought you were making a joke.... I had to Google Seventh Element to figure it out!

For the record, I will gladly offer my services. I am a 'professional beta tester' (self-proclaimed, of course)...

For those of you that were hoping to see an LED screen,.. I dont think we will have it on the new board.

Space is the main concern right now,.. cost is second.

I am upgrading the chip on the board to something with more space for more code so we wont have problems in the future.

We are looking now (seriously) into sending new solenoids with the new boards.

I will know more on 1/24/11 when I speak to the engineer.