Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ego/Etek Mag conversion how to

I've just swapped a ULT X-valve for an RT Pro on my own Egomag

Was surprised how much I had to increase LP input to get it to trip the RT on/off

Before I go off buying a ULT I just want to make sure that's not what I already have. I'm really having trouble tripping my sear and I'm hoping a ULT will do the trick. Here is a pic of what is currently in my valve.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is not a ULT.

That looks like a regular solid body RT Pro or X valve on off

This is a stripped down ULT on off

More info here...

http://www.automagsuk.com/classicandrt.html

The ULT did the trick. After many months of searching for pieces and trial and error building I finished the gun and it works flawless. Thanks for this thread Hill!

do u still think the said noid and reg is the best way to go? im reading this i want to do my best to not break anything should i get the SMC SY113A-SG-PM3.? air solider is out of them can i get them somewhere else? could i use the ego noid on air solider and would the be better? running a ego mag will the noid break after time or will the bigger one last?anything else to help?

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881 View Post
    Just a side note on the LPR and the noid. If you get a shot when you air up the marker or when you degas it, then your LPR is not any good. Nor is another just like it.

This is caused by a temporary spike in the pressure that is intense enough to push past the noid and trip the sear. My bullet reg and some other very small reg from a pneu mag did this. This will Damage the noid. Over pressure is not good for any noid. I switched to a Palmer Pebble, and problem solved. Also the Pebble will handle 1500 psi input and is CO2 friendly. It is also faster than the micro rock that palmer makes, according to there website.

I also think this is why i can get this noid to cycle at such high rates of fire without damaging it. This is a theory, but it makes sense. If i am going to operate this noid at its max pressure then the LPR better not jump up 5psi, not ever. The LPRs i am using seem to be very accurate, and very very fast.
    Last edited by RT Lover; 01-24-2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: more info

Bigger solenoids won't fit inside the frame - that's why the SMC one is popular

You could use a bigger noid if you install it somewhere else such as a hollowed out forgrip

RS components sell the SMC solenoid too - sourced a couple from them in Europe

Actually the SMC SY series noid will fit and handles more pressure. SMC noid SY113A-SH-PM3 it will fit in the etek frames easier than a star frame but will fit in both while it will bulge the grip a bit. These noids don't make for the cleanest install but are way stronger.
    Fire power my friends.

i have one of the noids from the #3 post barnd new never used.
    let me know if that is what you are looking for.

I'm interested in that SMC noid if you'll ship to UK?

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881 View Post
    Actually the SMC SY series noid will fit and handles more pressure. SMC noid SY113A-SH-PM3 it will fit in the etek frames easier than a star frame but will fit in both while it will bulge the grip a bit. These noids don't make for the cleanest install but are way stronger.
    Hi Hills, would this alternative SMC noid work ok?

Seems to have a high flow rate, slightly higher max pressure and can operate up to 20 cps http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/mercha...Code=SOLENOIDS

***Edit***

I've realised it's the same unit - just the flying lead length is shorter at 300mm
    Last edited by GEE TEE; 01-25-2013 at 09:05 PM.

well i dont want the grips to bulge out, what is the best choice and will it last or will i be replacing noids all the time? i want to build it and not have to worry about the noid can at any time, i have a micro rock i will b using.

We have built at least 6 EP mag hybrids over here using the SMC micro noid. All performed really well and I'm still shooting my Egomag and Creedmag regularly. We hit 17bps on the Creed hybrid but that's probably pushing your luck to be honest. My Egomag hit 15bps on a similar set-up using a micro rock. I think bothe have had at least 5 cases each through them without problems. THe LPR spiking may be an issue - as Hills mentioned this can damage them as they are only rated to 75psi. I use a ULT trigger kit on mine to reduce the pressure needed. It makes a big difference to how much you need to crank the LP up compared to the RT on/off, which should help long term reliability.

dude.... i would be just fine with what u have in the video lol... im not chasing super speed (yet lol) i just want to know that im ok with the noid and its not a time bomb.... i dont want to play a few times and then have to put a new noid in and when u say 5 cases is that all u can get? with my micro rock u think thats good enough... if anything i can get a different one but need the ult for sure i see.. hhhmmm if i would get a few years on it a noid that would be cool. now how can i stop from getting the air spikes? on/ off and slowly turn on the air? and if i keep it at 15 bps and not go over will the noid last a lot longer and the possibly of it breaking go way down? i thought the ego mag mod was popular but i really havent seen any talking about noids

i have a booyaah piranha and it rips lol

thanks man!

They have both shot 5+ cases each so far without any problems. I've Run an RTPro valve on the egomag for a while with stock on/off, and it took a lot more pressure to cycle the ram. The ULT is the way to go as it'll make the noid work at less pressure. I'm going to give the SMY noid that Hills mentioned a go as they are rated to higher pressure and flow more air. Creed mag maxed out at 17bps and started to short stroke (chuff) if we went any higher, but that feeds air to noid via a modified LP reg in Creed foregrip. I only shoot this at 10-12 bps on walkons anyway due to site rules. As for spiking... not sure if backing the LP reg out to shut of flow before airing up would help?

Quote Originally Posted by GEE TEE View Post
    They have both shot 5+ cases each so far without any problems. I've Run an RTPro valve on the egomag for a while with stock on/off, and it took a lot more pressure to cycle the ram. The ULT is the way to go as it'll make the noid work at less pressure. I'm going to give the SMY noid that Hills mentioned a go as they are rated to higher pressure and flow more air. Creed mag maxed out at 17bps and started to short stroke (chuff) if we went any higher, but that feeds air to noid via a modified LP reg in Creed foregrip. I only shoot this at 10-12 bps on walkons anyway due to site rules. As for spiking... not sure if backing the LP reg out to shut of flow before airing up would help?

thats overkill!!! lol i guess when i can smy is the one that wont bulge the grip? if anything do like a emag front or even a VD front grip and put the bigger one up front

that creed mag is sweet, nice work

how can i tell what frame i have?

This is solenoid used in all my EP builds so far including Creedmag. It's only 21mm long x 11.5mm deep x 7mm thick, and it fitted in the frame no problem
    http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/mercha...Code=SOLENOIDS

Name:  PICT0011-1.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  30.2 KB

This is the Ego 5/6 frame that's used on the majority of Egomag conversions
    http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/a...jMwNi5qcGc.jpg

This is the Ego 5/6 star frame with built in snatch grip and dovetail
    http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/m...rameDustBk.jpg

Etek frame
    http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4...1007021432.jpg
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/242...1007021432.jpg

and Etek star frame
    http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/m..._starframe.jpg

All of which I've seen used on EP conversions and plenty of others can be made to work
    Last edited by GEE TEE; 01-26-2013 at 06:58 PM.

etek frame, i like it... i guess i could switch it to pneu if i dont like it or if it blows noids, but since i would have the bps tuned under 15 as much as we know i should b fine?

This is what I did for my egomag using etek star frame. Really easy to do using Hill's instructions. However, I'm having difficulties doing it on my UL frame. Maybe you guys can help me.

Name:  IMG_0109.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  26.2 KB
    Last edited by livebrando; 02-11-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Wat noid did u use?

The one from airsoldier, SMC S070C-SDG-32. It's the same one that Renie uses too in his EP builds. Reason for the shiny is clear heatshrink tubing. Did you get a frame yet? If not, I have an extra Ego 6 Dark frame I was going to list in the sales threads.

-Brandon

I have a set up just need to mill for thr ram and need a noid and lpr.... worried that I will blow thru noids hill had posted its easy to do? Is a dremmel best to use to mill the inside the frame for the ram... I want it to look good!

I used a dremel with carbide burr bits and found it to work very well on the soft aluminum and the ram. You want slow speeds. At some point you'll have to shave the ram to fit.

One issue I had is drilling and tapping the bottom of the ram. You need to drill the hole very close to the edge or you'll have a useless ram. here's the picture of one I messed up.

Name:  IMG_0110.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  40.8 KB

can a Excal/Intimidator/ Shocker Mac 43 Solenoid AKA- Mac 43 Solenoids work on a ego mag? Solenoid Info:
    4 -way mac solenoid 43A-AAA-RFEJ-0BL 5volts 4.7watts 120psi max m3 tapped 6in tinned leads

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    can a Excal/Intimidator/ Shocker Mac 43 Solenoid AKA- Mac 43 Solenoids work on a ego mag? Solenoid Info:
    4 -way mac solenoid 43A-AAA-RFEJ-0BL 5volts 4.7watts 120psi max m3 tapped 6in tinned leads
    yes they can be used, they cycle fairly quick aswell if I remember correctly, its all down to size really the smc noids are tiny and fit with in with no mods

Quote Originally Posted by renie View Post
    yes they can be used, they cycle fairly quick aswell if I remember correctly, its all down to size really the smc noids are tiny and fit with in with no mods
    fit in the frame? one doesnt need to put it in the frame do they? i mean if they r on another high end marker surely it should b enough??

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    Yes, there is one that is Normally-open and one that is normally closed. If I remember correctly, you need the one that is NORMALLY CLOSED.