Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Started my mini gun mag

The noise actually make it better, I think. Great job there! Now I want to see it both spinning and shooting! I just don't get why you can't install a loudner onto the barrel tip. There are some very small ones that do a good job.

with a 23" barrel i dont think any more lengthening is a good idea. Otherwise i would.
    Edit: Barrel length is 21" with a lapco adaptor making it 23".

Last edited by hill160881; 02-27-2011 at 06:59 PM.

That can't be the final video... I didn't see you shooting paint, mowing the field!

lol

Nice project!

All I can think of when watching this was:

"I ain't got time to bleed."

This is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    All I can think of when watching this was:

"I ain't got time to bleed."

This is awesome!
    ^^^^^^ that would make a sweet logo on the side of that thing^^^^^^

Nice piece of work.

You should make a harness for it out of a marching band bass drum shoulder mount.

I have one similar. I will take a picture when i get it integrated into the tank harness. It is a 5 point gun harness, that clips to a web belt on the back and goes over the shoulders and down the front connecting to the gun. It will hold the entire weight of the gun with no problems. The entire setup is surprisingly light, well balanced, and easy to carry.

On my phone so I haven't watched the final vids yet. I'm picturing something along the lines of 'Tropic Thunder'..."I'm a lead farmer mother f-er!"

i just sh*&T my pants

A mac solenoid and high supply pressure would probably let you easily exceed that rate of fire. Cant some Vikings hit 30+ BPS with their mac noids?

Or perhaps use a constant pressure on the MPA-3 piston that exceeds the sear pull force of the but is overcome by the effects of an RT on/off... especially on an X valve with 1200+ psi input. Then the solenoid cycle rate is irrelevent because the full auto is completely RT induced. You're using the constant force of a piston to bouce the sear insead of a trigger. You would need a consistent & accurate LPR and a volume chamber in front of the MPA to minimize pressure spike effects of the sear compressing the piston under the RT effect.

Here's a more appropriate smiley for you to use...

I am using a Mac 33 noid on it now. I just need a faster board, 25 bps is all its got. My purple Ego mag is faster but it is limmited with the eyes on at 26 bps The small scm noid will handle more than people think. I am sure with the right board it will hit low 30s. I have probably 15 cases on the noid in my purple one and it is still ripping in the mid 20s.

One day i will down Vetter's record of 34.5 bps. Or destroy something in the attempt.

that is pretty f'n cool... definately a BIG idea for scenario games. very cool

This may be a dumb question but could you make the 2000 round hopper a backpack and pump them to the gun using a rotor or warp feed........or 2.........of each? I'm thinking the hose they used for the warp could be used and it would almost work on gravity or maybe pure rotor feed from the pack with the upped torque motor mod you can get on the net.

Don't know just thinking out loud.

Looks good though, I'm just trying to think of a way to get this on the field without having Conan arms.

I had the pleasure of being the Mech on the receiving end (willingly) of your beast this weekend. Nice job. Always good to see some awesomeness done with a mag. I have a pretty good video of when Lockdown was attacking my base with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajnin
    I had the pleasure of being the Mech on the receiving end (willingly) of your beast this weekend. Nice job. Always good to see some awesomeness done with a mag. I have a pretty good video of when Lockdown was attacking my base with it.

It was a good weekend for shooting lots of folks!!!! Post up the vids when you get the chance AJNIN!!!

DM

awestruck! this thing is beast! i love the noise it makes when it spins up

Righteous! Are you planning on rocking that at DDay 2012? If youre able to haul that thing at speed for awhile without dying, we have a spot for you in the 6th Fallschirmjägers.

heheheee... I'm not sure that Hill is planning to make another DDay anytime soon... but with the new "toy" he just got he may be making a whole new one that may or may not show up.

DM

No D-day for me. At least until it costs less to attend. Keep in mind this thing costs 1 dollar a second to shoot. hehe

Are you referring to the lathe in my shop/livingroom DM? Now I need to learn how to use it, but I learn very fast hands on

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881
    Now I need to learn how to use it, but I learn very fast hands on
    You won’t have any trouble picking it up. Spend a little time on Youtube watching video on lathe turning and you’ll easily pick up what you need. Tool catalogs can help quite a bit too. You can pick up a bunch of affordable stuff at www.useenco.com

I have two more of these EP Blocks in stock if anyone is interested. http://lukescustoms.com/ep-remote-blocks.html

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I have two more of these EP Blocks in stock if anyone is interested. http://lukescustoms.com/ep-remote-blocks.html
    holy necropost Luke

Yea I know (lol) but I've been ask 100x what the EP blocks are for.