Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Started my mini gun mag

Yes i am using a load bering harness. I should have it next weekend or so.

Well its a bit off square, but the threads are deep and it works like a charm.

No leaks. I will have safety lines on the regulator assembly incase of a blowout. I have been using these fittings to fill off of for years now and they hold up to 4500 psi with no problems.
    This fitting tested my skills with a dremmal and very small file. I had to cut the grove for the oring into the top of the adaptor where the reg oring sets. It has to be pretty smooth and symmetrical to seal up and for the reg to set flush without braking the oring.

I will take a better pic tomorrow. A glimpse of the beast.

Last edited by hill160881; 03-22-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Anyone want to play hopper ball?

Now it really looks beautifull!

Have you done the motor to spin the barrels yet? How did you do it if so?

And where's the barrel loudener? That thing screams for one!

The motor sets on a slidable bracket i made. I am waiting for a stronger motor from an RC rock crawler right now. The warp motor just does not have the power im looking for.

You can see the white pully i stole from the warp as well. A barrel loudner wont work with this barrel unfortunately. I used large washers and snap rings to keep the barrels in place. I cut a groove into the center barrel for the snap rings to set into with a dremmal and a cut off wheel.

The 11.1 volt Li battery i use to power the barrels.
    Last edited by hill160881; 02-24-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Wow! Looks really simple. I thought you'd need a much bigger motor when you started doing it. I'll have to do a Mag in these lines in the future. The only thing I'd change would be the loader. I'd probably do something smaller and on the side, holding 500 rounds or so and using a warp body and a warp feed. SomEthing around these lines:

Would you sell that aluminum part you've made to house the sear actuator? (not THAT one specifically but would you made me a second one?).

Sure let me get another piece of aluminum and i will pm you when i have time to cut one up.

The picture of that real minigun makes me all warm inside

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881
    Sure let me get another piece of aluminum and i will pm you when i have time to cut one up.

The picture of that real minigun makes me all warm inside
    Thanks. But don't take me wrong here, ok? Yours is one of the most amazing Mags I've ever seen so far, really! It's amazing! I'd only do the loader differenctly because of the weight. Holding 2,000 rounds would get me killed in 10 seconds LOL

Ya without a sling and the wait of the bottle on your back to balance it out you would not be able to carry it long. With a smaller hopper you could make it look more like the ones in your pic for sure.

I just cant help myself when i build something. It has to be overly ridicules. You should see the sound system in my brothers honda.lol Pimp my ride aint got s**t on me. But i did custom audio for years on the side. I think there are 3 amps totaling 3000 true watts, Two 50 pound 10" subs, 2 digital caps, one huge truck battery, and three cooling fans. All in the trunk with room for a bag or two. 200 hours of work, no spare tire, and a lot of swearing and it is something to see and feel. Had to replace the moon-roof after a low tone at unknown db put a huge crack in it.

Ya without a sling and the wait of the bottle on your back to balance it out you would not be able to carry it long. With a smaller hopper you could make it look more like the ones in your pic for sure.

I just cant help myself when i build something. It has to be overly ridicules. You should see the sound system in my brothers honda.lol Pimp my ride aint got s**t on me. But i did custom audio for years on the side. I think there are 3 amps totaling 3000 true watts, Two 50 pound 10" subs, 2 digital caps, one huge truck battery, and three cooling fans. All in the trunk with room for a bag or two. 200 hours of work, no spare tire, and a lot of swearing and it is something to see and feel. Had to replace the moon-roof after a low tone at unknown db put a huge crack in it.
    Haha, I know what you're talking about. My Civic had 2250 W RMS with one top of the line Rockford Fosgate 12" sub on a custom made sealed box, 2 giant amplifiers and 2 Polk Audio Momo voice kits with 250W each, all connected to an Alpine DVD player. Only thing is that I could manage to leave more room on the truck so it was actually usable.

18 days from the start of the project and i am very pleased how it has turned out. Just like the one in my head. I would have liked to have made it more like the ones in MPSD's pic, but i wanted it to have the capacity to compare with its rate of fire, for functionality.
    So here it is, bottle and all.

oh... my... damn...

thats freakin sweet!

I had an idea a while back for something like that box under the rail for a dual barrel tank co-axail, but didnt have a clue as to go about doing it.. now i have seen the light! and since i dont have a machine shop at my disposal, could i maybe persuade you into making me several of those in the future?

Dude, you're going to have to cover up the Mag parts of that (all the stuff under the hopper.) It just doesn't look complete with the guts exposed like that.

Great job otherwise obviously though.

V2 should have a backpack/ammo-can like the picture, with two warps inside it, feeding paint to a much smaller hopper on top of the Mag.

Quote Originally Posted by koleah
    V2 should have a backpack/ammo-can like the picture, with two warps inside it, feeding paint to a much smaller hopper on top of the Mag.
    That's another GREAT idea! LOL Just makes me want to build one more and more. It sucks to be unemployed...

Quote Originally Posted by koleah
    Dude, you're going to have to cover up the Mag parts of that (all the stuff under the hopper.) It just doesn't look complete with the guts exposed like that.

Great job otherwise obviously though.

I will inclose the lower part when i get the other motor and get the barrels running.

here is a test run with the back pack tank dry firing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5nhxoDBg18

omg

Sick.....just Sick

Here is the final test run. I have the big bottle running and it is set at 23 bps and i think that is where i will play with it, any faster and it has flow issues with this tank setup. But I think this demonstrates what i mean by tank suppression fire.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvPHEApSzmI

Here is the final test run. I have the big bottle running and it is set at 23 bps and i think that is where i will play with it, any faster and it has flow issues with this tank setup. But I think this demonstrates what i mean by tank suppression fire.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvPHEApSzmI
    That test with the latest batch of paint I sent you?

Yes sir. much better. only one brake but that could have been my fault in that i had a bag with a broken ball or two in it, and i did not clean them very well. It was well packaged but you know fedex. They shot strait and stacked well. No balls welded together or oil in the bags. Very happy so far.

Hill, we need you for West Point. Whats it gonna take for you to fly east for a weekend of tank detroying with that beast?

when is this happening, and where? Nothing is impossible.

Ha. Good luck getting that thing on a plane!

Its not real Ocifer i promis, hehe. Just ignore that huge tank and the six fake barrels.

MOTY3
    LMAO your workbench looks about like mine except I am using a pool table. My wife is pissed cause I drilled two holes in the kitchen counter top.

why is she pissed?

Good God I Love It!

Well Im in love with it.. i carry nearly 2000 rounds on the field anyways. and i think my 90 4500 or my 114 4500 would shoot 2000 rouunds... i wanna make one. you sir have inspired me..

If you ever need another firemans harness for the tank I have a spare one around here somewhere... just lmk.
    Minimag, 16" Dye Titanium, Benchmark double finger, phase II, level 10, 88 4500, warp.

Thanks, i just got one but you never know when i mite build another one.

got the barrels turning

I ended up using a 1/10 scale rock crawler motor with 45 turns. The gears make a huge noise but who cares.
    A better video will follow tomorrow with it totally functional. Barrels harness and all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLkCEuUpIIs