Thread: Kila's and the '09('10,'11?) PTP Micromag

Kila's and the '09('10,'11?) PTP Micromag

Anyone order these? If so how well did they fit? Still looking for detents

100 Views and no-one's tried it?

I jumped in on the Check-it buy through vf-xx.

Just mentioned it because I felt guilty looking.

Find some good old cheapo brass cocker detents, or stick with the ones PTP provides. I found that the Check-its are way too soft and paint gets pushed past them pretty easy. I wasnt able to make the springs strong enough to stop it.

The Kilas always end up broken on mags, save your money.

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    The Kilas always end up broken on mags, save your money.
    The old ones worked great. The new ones not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    The old ones worked great. The new ones not so much.

What was the difference? The ones I have arent really new they are about 4 years old. Orange plastic pistons. Very well made, but every one has broken. They work great in my old angels though..

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    The ones that were held in by an oring imo did not work good(mine had yellow internals). The ones before that I kept on my xmags(had white internals), and never had any problems. There is another design out now, and I have not tried it.

edit:
    I did not realize how many versions were out there. These were the ones I always liked (but mine had white internals instead of black

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/misc/v2/

The ones that came after these did not unscrew( maybe v3?), and held in by an oring. I couldnt find good pics of them. The magnets are able to be mounted on the outside of the detent. The newest ones look to have a jewel on the ends (maybe v4?).
    Last edited by MANN; 03-26-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    The ones that were held in by an oring imo did not work good(mine had yellow internals). The ones before that I kept on my xmags(had white internals), and never had any problems. There is another design out now, and I have not tried it.

edit:
    I did not realize how many versions were out there. These were the ones I always liked (but mine had white internals instead of black

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/misc/v2/

The ones that came after these did not unscrew( maybe v3?), and held in by an oring. I couldnt find good pics of them. The magnets are able to be mounted on the outside of the detent. The newest ones look to have a jewel on the ends (maybe v4?).
    Hmm... This may be problematic- I'm looking for a rebuildable detent because I want a custom anno job and where I'd usually use ANS detents I won't be able to get the effect I want. Still lookin for someone who's tried putting one into their 2k9