Thread: new xmod programmer

new xmod programmer

i have some new xmod programmer

100% compatible to NiedTechs Guide.

price 90$ incl shipping from switzerland to the U.S.

I have Quickjumper as well

Contact
    icp-ms@gmx.de

if you purcase a programmer, please dont't forget to donate Paul Niedfeldt for his great work.

Donations
    This software took a lot of time and effort to develop. And I am distributing it free of charge to anyone who asks for it. If you like what I have done and received it without purchasing a programmer please send a donation. If you’re wondering how much to donate, just ask yourself, how much would I be willing to pay to buy it.

pniedfeldt@wi.rr.com

got my programmer in. well packaged.
    cable crimps could use some work but all in all it worked just fine

*update*
    Mentioned the crimp issue and a few days later got a whole new cable in the mail with better crimps and they had been glued into the piece making them much sturdier. Sent from DEUTSCHELAND

That is customer service. Thank you sir

i now have xmod
    that is all.
    Last edited by Porschesales; 06-16-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Still have some around

You not only can flash the xmod to your Board, you can save and restore any AGD software to your Board

Is the AGD software downloadable somewhere? My lowers already have Xmod 1.8 on them. Not that I want to change the software, but just wondering if I could get it.

Also, the programmer can be used to make custom messages with Xmod, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    Is the AGD software downloadable somewhere? My lowers already have Xmod 1.8 on them. Not that I want to change the software, but just wondering if I could get it.

Also, the programmer can be used to make custom messages with Xmod, right?

Lornecash should have 3.2 on his site. If not PM me late next week and I will email it to you.

FYI: the link in the downloads section of Lorne's web site for xmod 1.8 has been broken (comes up with a 404 error) for about a month now. I sent an email via the "broken link" flag on the downloads page when I tried accessing it a while back. Just checked it again now and still broke. The link to the USB driver for the programmer still works. I also didn't see an archive on the site anywhere to get the older (1.7) version(s) of the xmod software - I know some people like using 1.7, and I couldn't get to 1.8, so I went looking for that too.

"I am no longer selling the XMOD programmers. I have exclusively licensed Tunaman (tunaman5@comcast.net) to install the flash." So good luck getting the software. Aquiring it any other way would be STEALING it. Also, the AGD software is not for public distribution either.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Versions

That being the case then, Tunaman could you tell us what versions of the software you have available? Can you do custom messages, and what is the price and turnaround for getting a board flashed. Lots of guns for sale out there with less than 1.8, so it would be a factor in considering price. Thanks!

AGD 3.2 and Xmod 1.8 are my only options. All the other versions suck.

I've got the Xmod 1.8 software already on my lowers. (Shouldn't this really be called firmware?) I also have what I think is the same software downloaded from Lorne's site from some time ago, but I don't really know much about the nuts and bolts of it. It's just a bunch of .hex files and a note stating that there are different versions depending on when you want ramping to start in PSP mode. I don't know if that's actually the software or just one part of it.

What I would be interested in, just for the geek of it (because I like screwing around with this kind of stuff), is being able to go to AGD 3.2 and back. Doesn't AGD 3.2 have a shot count? That would be helpful. But, regardless, if the AGD software isn't available for public use then there's no need to get a programmer and try. I am happy with the Xmod 1.8 that's already installed. Though if I could figure out how to make my own custom messages, that would be cool. But I'm guessing that the .hex files are the compiled software, and without the source code (which Lorne lists as for sale with limited rights for $2k) there's no way to modify the .hex files. That being the case, does anyone (read: Tuna) still have the ability to make a custom message?

Anyway, Tuna I'm sending you an email. I need some small parts for my new lowers.

I'm sure if you PM Lorne, he can set you up with a custom message.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    "I am no longer selling the XMOD programmers. I have exclusively licensed Tunaman (tunaman5@comcast.net) to install the flash." So good luck getting the software. Aquiring it any other way would be STEALING it. Also, the AGD software is not for public distribution either.

so.. what if we bought xmod programmers on our own? Are we all just SOL now?

Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople
    so.. what if we bought xmod programmers on our own? Are we all just SOL now?
    Considering the XMOD firmware is still available for download, if you get a programmer, I'd say you're safe. Now if you want AGD firmware, that's a different story.

PM Lorne if you dont wanna step on anyone's toes, he's a really nice guy, seriously. He spoke to me on the phone for about an hour as we discussed running the firmware on an aftermarket microcontroller, which I have done successfully without any modifications.

Edit: Yes, it's firmware, you can't install anything into the program, so it's firmware.

That's just it, go to his site.. you cannot download the xmod 1.8 hex file..

You didn't buy the programer from Lorne then yes, in a nice way you're SOL.

Meh... at least there's some cool new boards coming out

Ohh the link is broken.. fancy. Yea, you're SOL lol