Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Took me long enough, anno back up!

Hey BB... I have some questions for you...

Say I have something anno'd and it gets lasered.... what would happen if I tried to anno it again to where the lasering would become colored?

Which lasers better with the best contrast? Gloss or Dust finish?

Do you have anyone to do lasering after anno?

Do you do polishing as well or would you rather I get the parts all surface prepped before sending them to you? I know you'd have to strip the old anno which I know you do, but just wanna make sure.

DM

Don't know about any of the lasering, but he definately does polish work, and it comes out super clean. My finish was polished and it's pretty dang glossy.
    No gun

Did I not see someone offering lazer engravings in different colors?

those are butterflys...for a guys wife...

DM, I do not know anyone who does laser, but I do know that both dust and gloss seem to show pretty well, if its gloss, the laser appears to be dust, giving the extra effect, best IMO. I do prefer to do all surface prep, unless you are comfortable doing it and are confident you will not ruin your parts, go ahead, I will still shine it up to a mirror finish before anno.

Laser is only clear/white its actually attacking the anno layer, and if done wrong can cause pitting as it exposes some raw alum (not if done right though)

PMed ya.

Ogre
    Seeg images? Vee don' need no steenkin' seeg images?!?

just a few newer ones, blog has been updated also...

www.bazookaboycustoms.blogspot.com

if I have anodized for you in the past, if you wouldn't mind leaving a little feedback, good or bad on my blog feedback page/section (bottom right corner)

Thanks!!

BTW, if you would like a custom phantom, mention me to Mike at CCI, and I will be able to get you some raw, brand spankin new parts for a totally brand new gun (I will return it to Mike for lasering and assembly so it looks totally stock, except for the anno)
    Last edited by BAZOOKA_Boy; 08-14-2011 at 07:00 PM.

I think I'm in loveeeee.... I really like the phantom man... damn... I bet that took you a minute...

I just wish I could get all of my parts for just 1 of my projects ready so I could send em your way.

Maybe by the end of the year I'll have one project done.... MAYBE!

Awesome looking work man...

DM

thanks, that phantom I did literally hours ago, its mine, Mike at CCI did the pic for me, after we shot a 12g through it and assembly of course! oh, and it was only 2 dye colors to do that

Quote Originally Posted by BAZOOKA_Boy
    thanks, that phantom I did literally hours ago, its mine, Mike at CCI did the pic for me, after we shot a 12g through it and assembly of course! oh, and it was only 2 dye colors to do that
    I like that fade and I think it'd be just as nice without the splash added in...

anywho... I hope to get some parts to ya for some work before long.

DM

I'll have another body (6-ish parts) for you if you're open for new orders late this week or next week?

I've been wondering how an acid wash would look with a dust finish. I don't think I've ever seen one. i'm not sure how soon I could afford to get a marker done, but I was thinking of a grey and black acid wash. I was thinking it would look a lot like antiqued pewter.

its been a while, got a few new pics

LMK what you think!

When you did the ano on the barrel kit, did you plug the backs to keep the bore size accurate? And if so, where did you attach the anode? I've often wondered how that was done.

Hey BB, can you by any chance anodize a few aluminum parts to match polished brass?

Wow. That's some breathtaking work there! I know where my next gun is going to go

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    When you did the ano on the barrel kit, did you plug the backs to keep the bore size accurate? And if so, where did you attach the anode? I've often wondered how that was done.
    Yes, I plug them whenever possible - and I don't charge to do it. There is about 1/2'' of thread left exposed to attach it to on most barrels - if not, I wrap the wire around the base where it won't be seen after it's all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    Hey BB, can you by any chance anodize a few aluminum parts to match polished brass?
    Yeah, if I have a pc to match it to its usually not a problem - send me a pm of your pc and I will let you know what I think.

That one is looking very sharp!

Accedently ran across your name in CC. It looks like you do some really nice anno. I really like the job you did on post #66(the pump) I have at this time 3 markers that will need anno. I have used Acid and ATMF in the past. I like to spread the work around to the good annodizers. I have 2 Rudy Deans(raw) and sometime in the future I will have An AKA Merlin serial # ML0001 that will need to be done. I really would like you to use your imagination on one of the Rudys. I will leave it up to you on how wild you can get. I love the unusual. I can send pics of the Rudys if you need(just to see what you will be getting into)
    fatyoda@cox.net
    LMK, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Yoda
    Accedently ran across your name in CC. It looks like you do some really nice anno. I really like the job you did on post #66(the pump) I have at this time 3 markers that will need anno. I have used Acid and ATMF in the past. I like to spread the work around to the good annodizers. I have 2 Rudy Deans(raw) and sometime in the future I will have An AKA Merlin serial # ML0001 that will need to be done. I really would like you to use your imagination on one of the Rudys. I will leave it up to you on how wild you can get. I love the unusual. I can send pics of the Rudys if you need(just to see what you will be getting into)
    fatyoda@cox.net
    LMK, thanks
    I really like the looks of rudys, was gonna buy one a while back, but bought an RT mag instead. so you like my pump, thats actually one of the only things I have done for myself lately. you have any ideas in mind, of just anything wild and colorful? send me a PM with details.

Blake

More pics to update:

That rusty cocker is so hot!

<-- Wants his E-Mag in that anno XD

That bloody Phantom is WICKED!

Hey, “like” me on facebook, as soon as I have 100 likes, I will make a post, whoever comments on the post will go into a drawing for $50 off their next anno job. Will wait 48 hours after posting to do the drawing, so anyone who likes by then and comments on the post will be in. Only 10 “like’s” away, so hurry up.
    https://www.facebook.com/BazookaBoyCustoms

Hey, “like” me on facebook, as soon as I have 100 likes, I will make a post, whoever comments on the post will go into a drawing for $50 off their next anno job. Will wait 48 hours after posting to do the drawing, so anyone who likes by then and comments on the post will be in. Only 10 “like’s” away, so hurry up.
    https://www.facebook.com/BazookaBoyCustoms
    how much to do my entire mag in BDU: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Brtish_dpm2.jpg or MultiCam: http://www.djmonkeyboy.com/milspecmo...m-swatch1b.jpg
    Last edited by stevewar; 10-19-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Saw pics of my finished anno on my Rudy Dean, I am very impressed.
    Thanks, Mike

a few more, the last one is the Rudy for those who don't know!

That bloody Phantom is AWESOME!!

that purple angel is mine and pics do not do it justice, i love this guys work, really think anno and quick turnaround.

Rudy Dean #22 finished and put together. Annoe by Bazookz Boy