Thread: Any one know about hand pumps?

Any one know about hand pumps?

Hey guys, been a while, haven't had the money or time to play the last few years in college, now i have time and ~hopefully~ the money is soon to follow, so maybe i will be back around more sooner than later... i can hope at least.

So any way, I am thinking about getting one of the hand pumps that are usually used on the PCP air guns (pre charged pneumatic) that go up to 3000-3600 range, part because the field is 40+ mins away and i want the ability to work on my guns at home, part because i want to have HPA tanks for filling tires and stuff and don't have room for a compressor, and part because i can use it to justify buying a sweet PCP down the road for my emergency preparedness along with just having HPA for any emergency issue i may have. but i digress.

Basically i want to know if anyone has experience with these things (i know they take energy and time but i am ok with that), brand/model recommendations, etc?

Any and all info is appreciated

p.s. wasn't sure if this was more tech or general so sorry if this should be in tech

thanks

I know about them... as in the PCP part but that's as far as it goes... I know that TK's new HP compressor is used by some of them and that there are more than a few PCP specific sites that you can find MUCH more info about them. I also know that PyramidAir will come up a lot since that is a major web store for air guns. Or they were the last I checked.

Good luck either way.

DM

thanks, yeah the shoebox is something i would love... but don't have space for a shop compressor (plus the noise would probably drive my neighbors nuts) and the cost is prohibitive

i will check out pyramid

I think I have seen a demonstration of one in a video review of the Marauder PCP rifle. It took somewhere around 40 pumps to get the rifle up to pressure so be prepared for many more if you plan to fill a PB tank, a 45cu tank is probably 10 times bigger than the rifles reservoir.

A 68cu would probably take you most of the day to fill to ~3000psi.

I originally thought about the same idea so I could tech markers here at home, but the effort is not worth it. I forked over the cash for a shoebox and couldnt be happier.

I have my shoebox and compressor in the basement by the washing machine so the noise is barely audible outside the house. Inside you cant even hear them because of the doors. It is comparatively as loud as the washing machine.

I have a 5gal compressor to feed it and that is the louder part of the system. If you are concerned you can get a smaller pancake compressor that are a bit qieter.

Or get a small piggy tank to work off of though I don't know what the fill time and such would be on it.. but you could top off the piggy tank on your way to or from work at most gas stations.

DM

still the issue of the cost on a shoe box. if money wasn't an issue i would be all over it, but 500+ bucks is something i cannot justify, especially when i need to spend more money on a tank or compressor and then the issue of storage of it all.

my commodity is time, also judging by the size of the PCPs tanks vs a 45 ci tank its only about 5 times the size so even if it takes 400 pumps i don't think it would take that long

sounds like what you need is a friend that dives ( to get a scuba tank filled ) or really good friends with your local Fire Dept. & a paintball fill adapter