Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultra Light Mag

I am terrified of table saws and I have been using them for over 15 years now. So I give them lots of room and respect, and never get my hands anywhere near the blade. So I still have most my fingers

Only kidding all 10 of them.lol

and yet you do wonders with metal, but not wood? have you considered a career here:

http://www.gdcareers.com/gdchq_jobs/main.cfm

https://www.cia.gov/careers/index.html
    BPS - Baller's Pro Shop - ballersproshop@hotmail.com
    • "Hellspawn" WDP Angel LED 99
    • "Foxwood" WGP Autococker Bob Long Ironmen RF 97
    • "Kenobi" WGP Autococker E-Blade blue VF 2k2
    • "Raider Nation" AGD AutoMag CF ULE Hyperframe LX Hurricane
    • "Gray Ghost" AGD ReTro Mag CF High Rise LX

Total Freak - Tips: 12" AA black, 10" Boomstick black
    Bidness with Dover - Feedback

I am sure they want people with a degree, and I think school is a wast of time that could be better spent with hands on learning. As I learn best that way. But if I had a proper education I would work somewhere really cool. Instead I clean pools at the moment.

I was a pretty good finish carpenter in Carmel Ca once upon a time, until 07. Worked on some really really expensive homes there, as a start to beautifull finish carpenter. I did it all except the granite counter tops. So I can make pretty nice stuff form wood, which is why I am using all wood working tools at the moment, and aluminum is as soft as some hard woods. Got tired of that work, it is a beating and pool work pays better these days.
    Last edited by hill160881; 04-19-2011 at 07:16 PM.

that's a lot less stress too

Ya no stress at all, I work locally and get a list every day, and the boss dont care when, as long as it all gets done by the end of the day. So I make my own hours.

Someones said stress

Im reading this thread while at school typing a research paper for an english class that is required for my engineering degree, stressed about getting it done plus my calc and physics homework and work work getting on my case for being distracted and not meeting their standards for the management job that they put me in despite saying i could not take the extra work because of school. Some times i think it would be better to just get a job at a machine shop and work my way up, since that is probably how its going to go anyway.
    End rant.....
    Keep up the great work Hill, if you have the resources and ability anything is possible....with mags

Pneumagger I remember really looking forward to that integrated rail and frame you were designing way back when. I was sad when it never came to fruition, one day I hope you get to give it a shot.

It's been on my mind, even since my break from AO.
    It's not dead... just on the back burner. I'm actually trying to get something going here soon.

Nice work Tracey, you could probably ULE out that foregrip some more, I think you need better looking grips, maybe some wood?

Nice to see you back Joe, I always wanted to see that frame with the integrated 15* asa

Ego's are tanks and a bit slow.

Ripping at 850 psi or so. My Ego feels like a brick after handling this thing.

NO BARREL LIFT. At 16+ bps DM is not getting it back
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ibOsyGYAc

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881

are you shooting that fast using just a single trigger and trigger bounce from the XValve ?

Yes but the on off pin is .710" and I am using a Quad ring in the on off. So I dont need high pressure input. I have a nack for making mags shoot fast.

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881

What do you suppose caused the "no barrel lift" which I will call a lack of kick? I'm not a mechanical engineer, etc, but I really want to come up with a way of lightening the bolt as much as possible to minimize kick. Your thoughts?

That grip frame puts your hand at a very nice angle and very close to the line of the barrel. Higher geometries magnify the force required to eject paintballs at 16 bps at ~300 fps. That part will never go away. Long vert frames would seem a lot worse, but they also tend to make you tuck your bottle in for support.

I've was surprised by the size of 05/06 egos. I had thought of them smaller than 2k5 timmys, but they weren't.

Anyway, kick is the unrecovered force from the bolt slapping at each end. You don't get much on the forward stroke of a mag because of the bolt spring. You get some on the back stroke when the bolt hits the valve. TK tried a lighter bolt at one time (delrin? the black plastic level 10 beta). It didn't hold up too well. So yes, it can be done; it's just getting into diminishing returns.

I have an angel A1 fly with the lightened valve and bolt (all delrin). It is silly smooth, quiet, and very fast. With the different grip angle and the wrong color paint, I have trouble seeing where my shots went, and I don't know how many actually went out. I didn't expect such a small gun to require that much practice, and I often miss a little bit of vibration from a shot.
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 08-23-2011 at 08:37 AM.

I am going to say the grip frame and the way it is held fully supported, like spwder-tw said.