Thread: Air questions

Air questions

I have three different reg set-ups. A stock AM reg with L10 running fine on compressed air, A stock R/T L7 running on air, I think fine but I need a fill, and a stock AM L7, currently hooked to CO2. I'm having some trouble with the last reg, I replaced all of the o-rings and it's venting where the two halves come together pretty bad. I still have to replace the reg valve pin, reg seat, reg piston assy, and spring pack assy to have new internals. Does this sound like it will solve the problem?

Finally to the gas. I'm thinking about getting a fifty pound CO2 to do it at home. I know that everyone uses air, but the tanks run out so fast and the comperssers are expensive. Will the AM reg with L10 and/ or the R/T L7 work with CO2? Is there another gas that I should consider buying? There is a large Gas Supply Co. in my county, I should be able to get just about anything and I'm looking for recomendations ie: hospital grade air, nitrogen, etc. I want to price out the best thing to put through these guns. One feature that I like about CO2 is that you get a lot more shots per 20oz. I'm a big guy, I've considered a SCUBA tank remote on my back. I don't care too much about the weight but I really don't like the hoses getting in the way when I switch hands.

Thanks, Gabe.

I get more shots off my HPA than I did off a 20oz CO2. Try getting a couple of scuba tanks so you can have one to start the fill and one to top off. As the first stage tank gets empty, have it filled to be come the 2nd stage. The old 2nd stage becomes the first stage to start the fill. Repeat as necessary. A pair of 80lb scubas will last the summer and the cost to fill is about $5 each. Of course you will be running 3000psi, so get an 88ci tank so that you have volume rather than pressure. This system works well and will save you a lot of money in the log run vs CO2.

The RT mag won't work on CO2. The others will.

Venting air between the two halves is the large oring between the halves.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I didnt think L10 worked with CO2 either.

The level 10 works fine with CO2. CO2 is at a lower pressure when it goes through the powertube so phase change is not a problem.