Thread: Custom Mag grip frames

Custom Mag grip frames

So I just got an RT Pro, and I've been looking at possibly doing a custom pneumag or e-grip conversion to make it faster. I've looked over the "Guide to make mags faster" on pbn, but I still have a couple of questions for you guys:

What is a good brand or type of grip frame to do a custom job on mags? I've heard angel grips, or intelliframes, but I have no experience with either. More specifically, I was wanting not to pay a huge amount for some rare chimera frame, I just don't know what other frames work well with Mags

And is the X-Valve the same as the RT-Pro valve, except that it is aluminum?

Thanks!

There's a few grips here on AO for sale that are bolt on ready. Your going to pay a bit for it no mater if you do it yourself (having to buy all the parts), have someone do it for you or just strait up buy one ready to roll.

And yes, the X and RT work exactly the same. Some RT's can't use ULT on/off but that's the only difference beside what you already stated.

If it says ReTro on it, and is half steel, it will not accept the ult.

Good question though. Is there an actual list somewhere of frames that can be made to fit the mag, or a few basic things to look for?

Quote Originally Posted by Newt
    If it says ReTro on it, and is half steel, it will not accept the ult.

Good question though. Is there an actual list somewhere of frames that can be made to fit the mag, or a few basic things to look for?
    The ULT is the Ultralight trigger upgrade? I was hoping to bypass that if I did a pneumag or solenoid grip

Quote Originally Posted by btmcmahan
    The ULT is the Ultralight trigger upgrade? I was hoping to bypass that if I did a pneumag or solenoid grip
    Yes. ULT=what you said

Pneumags and EP grips will work with the standard on/off, you just need a good LPR to get it going.

A fully electric...not so much, too much force for the clapper valve.

Probably best to get a good lp reg anyway. If I were doing a pneumag I wouldn't do anything other than a Palmer micro rock.