Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emag triggers

Emag triggers

Emag trigger arrived today
    should have some ready this weekend cost will be $65usd shipped

I will be taking pre-oreders all those interested please contact me for payment details and post which design you would prefer so I can cut them this weekend

thanx John

In the first trigger thread you said the emag trigger would come in all 7 designs. I only saw 4 design's pictured in that thread, what are the other 3?

I'll take one, pending design...

Quote Originally Posted by kcombs9
    In the first trigger thread you said the emag trigger would come in all 7 designs. I only saw 4 design's pictured in that thread, what are the other 3?

I'll take one, pending design...
    there is also an inverted curved one called the CLAW
    Last edited by acidcustom; 02-25-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: picture change

those drawings look a bit off, I assume they are just for concept.

Ill take a Forsaken.

zip is 62354

MP details when your ready.

those triggers are actually Macdev RX triggers
    just pm me for payment details

thanx John

HI,

Do these triggers come with bearings?

Talking

Wow I really like the forsaken

Do they come with roller bearings, and do they come with the magnets? And HES adjustment screw?

Triggers will come with DUAL BEARINGS & MAGNETS for the Halls sensor and will be adjustable and the front magnet.
    The magnets will have to be fitted by the buyer so to get the polarity correct

john

NICE can't wait for piks

I hope I can get one when I get paid wends...

Need abit of help with magnet for Halls sensor
    1 How strong does it need to be as the one in the stock Emag trigger is huge
    2 Does it need to be that diameter, I have a few different sizes and am trying to figure out which to use.
    3 Is the Halls sensor centred to the magnet in the trigger
    4 Could someone post some pictures of the frame with the positon of the top magnet marked in the frame and the trigger, also is this centred to the magnet in the trigger also,
    could this be made adjustable

I have cut a few triggers and just have to drill them for the screws

thanx John

the return magnet on the trigger is adjusted with the magnet in the frame, so no need to make it adjustable on the trigger.

I can get you some pics when I get home if no one else has. If memory servers me right its directly above the magnet on the trigger.

The magnet in the top of the frame is right above the trigger in the trigger

The magnet in the frame is adjusted by using shims between the magnet and frame, adjusting the strenth of the magnet, affecting the trigger return

As far as the HE'S I don't know if changing the diametero of the magnet would affect the sensor, I'm going to assume it would, and probabaly affect trigger pull

How are these coming along.

he needs pictures, of the trigger on a frame? I'm not sure, and I haven't found time to take any yet.

I will have the holes drilled for the screws/magnets this weekend will post pictures then

john

Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Rudz
    Sweet
    thanx for the payment

here are a few pictures of the triggers
    showing the top magnet position and HES magnet , HES magnet is stipp protype as I will have to wait until it is tested there will be 2 size and strenghts being tested so please bear with me

the top magnet looks like it will work fine, the Hes magnet will be easy to test if you have an emag to test in.

Quote Originally Posted by acidcustom
    thanx for the payment

I didn't pay for anything yet, atleast I don't think so, I've been sick with a stomach virus so maybe in a delirious state?

I wanted to see the final product and assure compatibility first

Received a G-spot trigger in the mail. Will install this evening, and write a review shortly after. Looks good, btw...

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    Received a G-spot trigger in the mail. Will install this evening, and write a review shortly after. Looks good, btw...
    Waiting for your review with great anticipation

I installed the trigger in my emag. As far as I am concerned, the trigger fits as well (if not better) than a stock trigger. There is some side-to-side play, but not enough to be an issue. The trigger pull itself is nice and smooth. The bearing definitely makes a difference. I don't know how you were able to get the tolerances so tight, but you did a great job. The trigger pin fit almost perfectly into the bearing housing. It was a tiny bit tight, so I put a drop of oil on the pin, just to get it to go in a little smoother. For activating the HES, I used the small magnet, and turned the adjustment about halfway into the trigger. It wouldn't do anything at first, 'til I realized that I probably had the magnet in wrong. Flipped it around, and turned the setscrew until the board reacted to the trigger being pulled. I think I might have a problem with my board, though. I am going to get the gun put together, put some air into it, and see how she works. In my opinion - VERY nice trigger, VERY well designed and built. Not to mention, I think it looks darn sexy. Will post pics when I get the gun put together. Good job, John!

I had to do some refinement to the trigger setup. After I got it all put together, the magnet wasn't tripping the HES. I played around with it for a while, and finally got it to work. I experimented with both of the magnets that came with the trigger - a short magnet, and a long magnet. With the short magnet installed, the set screw had to be screwed in so far that the little magnet was sticking out of the back of the trigger. I currently have the long magnet installed. The with the long magnet installed, the set screw has to stick out of the front of the magnet (as pictured). If possible, a different magnet should be used - one which is longer than the short magnet, but shorter than the long magnet.

Now, I'm pretty sure I have the trigger set up correctly. The problem is that my solenoid is not firing. I think it might be bad. I know I have 19 volts at the points where the solenoid is soldered to the board. I can only assume that that is what is supposed to be there. I am going to do a little more troubleshooting before I call it night.

did it work before you swapped triggers?

I don't think so. It has been a while since I messed with the emag, but I think I remember it not working in electro mode before I installed the trigger. A few months ago I did a mod to run the warp feed from the emag battery. I think I may have messed up something in the process. I will probably swap the trigger out with a stock trigger this evening, just to rule it out as the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    I had to do some refinement to the trigger setup. After I got it all put together, the magnet wasn't tripping the HES. I played around with it for a while, and finally got it to work. I experimented with both of the magnets that came with the trigger - a short magnet, and a long magnet. With the short magnet installed, the set screw had to be screwed in so far that the little magnet was sticking out of the back of the trigger. I currently have the long magnet installed. The with the long magnet installed, the set screw has to stick out of the front of the magnet (as pictured). If possible, a different magnet should be used - one which is longer than the short magnet, but shorter than the long magnet.

Now, I'm pretty sure I have the trigger set up correctly. The problem is that my solenoid is not firing. I think it might be bad. I know I have 19 volts at the points where the solenoid is soldered to the board. I can only assume that that is what is supposed to be there. I am going to do a little more troubleshooting before I call it night.
    I am sure there was a small grub screw to go with the longer magnet if not the thread was 8x32 which is easy to get from the local hardware store
    Also I have different size magnets just was trying to find out the strength needed to activate the HES and if both do activate it. I should be able to one adjustable in the grub screw and include a back stop

john

Ratt can we get an update?

Last week I reinstalled the stock trigger, and the gun still would not shoot in electro. The Navy sent me to Hawaii for three weeks to "work" I won't be back for a couple more weeks. I will continue troubleshooting then.

Interested in a G-Barb trigger... I am interested in the prototype testing though. LMK what you guys find.