Thread: Ultralite Rail Milling?

Ultralite Rail Milling?

I saw someone had a rail for sale a few weeks/months ago that had ultralite milling on the rail that essentially cut it down to a thin strip with a wider section on the front, around the sear pin and on the back. Can anyone remember who did this milling and is it offered as a standard service? Sorry if my explanation sucks. I can try to draw it if all else fails and everyone can see just how bad my MS Paint skills are.

Or you can contract someone to do one to your specs.

I have a EM trojan that weighs 3 ounces, (not sure if thats light enough)
    Plus I have a few unmilled AM rails..

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Or you can contract someone to do one to your specs.

I have a EM trojan that weighs 3 ounces, (not sure if thats light enough)
    Plus I have a few unmilled AM rails..
    I wanted to make sure I wasnt stepping on someones toes if it was already a design that was out there... . I know you typically seem to stay away from replicating others work. I'll email you.

ULE milling is a little different, but yea I don’t like to copy work especially without permission, which I have got before.

There is so much that has not been done, I can’t completely wrap my head around people wanting stuff been around for years, but that's the way it is.

This?

Warpedairsmithing.com did it as well as the CF ule

you would have to ask him, he has not done nor plans production that i am aware of

--also note there is no Z lock pin. I believe he did offer to leave a tail on one side for the option for the timid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronobreak

This?

you would have to ask him, he has not done nor plans production that i am aware of

--also note there is no Z lock pin. I believe he did offer to leave a tail on one side for the option for the timid.

I dont feel quite right after seeing that...

How many grams is that setup?

That one may be lighter but this one weights 1.3oz The complete marker weights 1.5 lbs. In other configurations it gets down even lighter. It lost 23 grams with the CCM fittings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronobreak

This?

That's what I was looking for, thanks. However, I want the foregrip mount left in place and the Z pin. Already talking to Luke on this. Thanks all.

Hill, pretty much what I am going for overall, but with the CF body. Anybody know the weight difference between a Single frame Benchy and a stock CF frame?

Now those are some areas to remove material I hadn't thought of. Great, now I have to put that rail back on the mill.

Top View