Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tunaball 6!!!

Tunaball 6!!!

BREAKING NEWS!

Tunaball 6, May 5th, 2012

www.topgunpaintball.com

Mark your calendars and book your flights!

UPDATE 3-23-12
    HOTEL INFO!
    We have set up a 'block' deal with the Holiday Inn in East Windsor (literally across the street from the Days Inn where we have stayed the last 3 years). Our price for a double room w/2 queen size beds will be $114x night total, tax included.

*We are finalizing the deal and we will only have a limited time to make our reservations. Please be ready to call when I give it the ok. Im hoping to hear back by tomorrow and will post here when we are ready to go.

Our block name is "TB6". You will need to tell them that when you book.

Contact info:
    Holiday Inn of East Windsor
    399 Monmouth St
    East Windsor, NJ 08520
    609-448-7000

Event Pricing
    Will most likely be the same as it has been for the last 5 years.
    $35 entry and $65/case of paint.

For anyone interested in camping.. there is a campground at Laurel Ponds. There are cabins, not sure about actual campsites. The phone number is listed below.

Laurel Ponds 609-758-4635.
    Make sure you mention TopGun. I think you'll get a discount.

Here is the link to the updated information regarding the cabins
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=260770

In addition to the "Most Awesome Mag" contest, we will also be doing a "Most Awesome Marker" contest too for all of our non-AGD shooting brothers who will be attending TB6. Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for both contests.

"TB6" and "Sportsmanship" trophies will be awarded also.

As has become the tradition, we will be having a meet & greet at the field on Friday, starting around noon. Everyone will be able to get registered, by paint, fill tanks, and chrono markers - and get all of the BSing out of the way so we can shoot each other up Saturday!

UPDATE 4-27-12

We play this usually by ear, but here is a general break down of the weekend's events.
    Friday 5/4
    Meet & Greet at Topgun: Noonish to ??
    -Come down to the field on Friday. Get set up, and hang out. Say hello to everyone and drool over Simon's Lotus. Registration, airfills, and the chrono will be open. You will also be able to buy paint if you choose.

-Check in at the cabins

Saturday 5/5
    Tunaball6 !!!
    Be at the field early. The days we have Tunaball usually end up being insanely busy for Topgun. We have broken attendance records for the amount of players at the field TWICE.
    -Play will start as soon as possible. Im hoping for 9:30am
    -We will play open class games. They basically let us do whatever we want so if there is something you specifically want to play let us know. The new Castle field should be open by then as well. I am also going to see if the airball field will be set up and if we will have access.
    -We will break for lunch around 12:30. B.Y.O.F. (Pillage will have some smoked pulled pork too if you are interested. PM him here, on MCB or BEO for details. Donation required)
    -At the end of the day we will have our Most Awesome Mag and Most Awesome Marker contest.

Saturday night, anyone who is interested, we will be meeting up around 7pm across the street at Tommy's restaurant for dinner. TyMcneer will be confined outside for our own safety.

Sunday 5/6
    We will be back, probably barely alive, to play again Sunday. We are going to do pumps and/or mechs only.
    Last edited by BigEvil; 04-27-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Same...

Hey Simon, You come next year and we'll call it even

EDIT: Bring your FN303

No more driving for me

Which airport do you recommend flying into? Looks like PHL and EWR are almost the same distance from Top Gun. I think I recall traffic out of PHL being lighter than out of EWR the last few times I was in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77
    Which airport do you recommend flying into? Looks like PHL and EWR are almost the same distance from Top Gun. I think I recall traffic out of PHL being lighter than out of EWR the last few times I was in that area.
    Ive never been in or out of Philly, but as far as distance goes yes its about 1 hr from either. The hotels we stay at are closer to Newark though... I would say which ever one you can get a better price on a flight would be your choice.

Newark has better traffic flow and is easier to navigate than Philly.

I think we need to try a different hotel this year. Day's Inn is getting a little tired. Perhaps that Holiday Inn across the street?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring
    I think we need to try a different hotel this year. Day's Inn is getting a little tired. Perhaps that Holiday Inn across the street?
    Agreed. Days Inn gets blacklisted after my experience.

Theres a few hotels in the immediate area as well as a motel just up the road in hightstown.

Cinco de Mayo? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    Cinco de Mayo? Really?

I think TB2 was on May 5th as well.

Maybe this year I can convince the rest of the team to stay for both days.
    Seeg images? Vee don' need no steenkin' seeg images?!?

Calender marked Flight scan and price tracking in progress!

This is a "Do Not Miss" event for me now and it is a 3000 mile trip one way for me!

I think that after you guys make it out you will feel the same way!

Has the invite to Tom been put in motion

Gonna try and book my flight asap before prices go up

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    Has the invite to Tom been put in motion

Feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudz
    Gonna try and book my flight asap before prices go up
    Good man. That's the whole point of setting the date early.

So, for the guys who were there at TB5, what do you think as far as game play? I kinda enjoyed the open class games. I was thinking of doing another scenario, but with the open class games, people can come and go as they please and arent compelled to be on the field all the time.

I think we shoudl revist the pump & mech games on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil

I am all for mechanical play

Running a few pump (and maybe even a few Stock) games would be great. We should also try to get out on the speedball fields some more. That was loads of fun.

Maybe even pump/stock on a speedball field. For those that have not done it, I highly recommend it. To quote a Perfect Tommy "stock class speedball is all about running up to a guy and shooting him in the face"

Ogre

So, for the guys who were there at TB5, what do you think as far as game play? I kinda enjoyed the open class games. I was thinking of doing another scenario, but with the open class games, people can come and go as they please and arent compelled to be on the field all the time.

HAHA yeah we've done the pump/speedball thing before. I remember Lornecash was trying to get his Xmag to do an impression of a pump....

I enjoyed the free play. I'm up for anything to be honest. Perhaps, get another user group out for another day of play - perhaps a cocker owners forum or something.

I like the Pump and mech games on sunday......i also liked the "big game format" that was done in the past.

If you guys don't want to use the Days Inn again, I will talk to them at the Holiday Inn across the street. It was about $20 more expensive for the same room. I will see if we can get a discount if we block off say 10 rooms for TB6.

If you guys don't want to use the Days Inn again, I will talk to them at the Holiday Inn across the street. It was about $20 more expensive for the same room. I will see if we can get a discount if we block off say 10 rooms for TB6.
    Propose it to them this way - we have X number of people who want to stay, but don't like the Days Inn. You match their per/night price and you have Y rooms booked.

Were there any other gripes about the Days Inn other than the fact they didnt have their act together with the Topgun discount? My experience this year was painless... other than Loguzzo's brutal snoring, which when started, scared me out of my sleep and made me thing someone was breaking into the room with a chainsaw....

I love the decisiveness on this!

On my calendar...

Any airlines making reservations this far out? I've tried to price check a few and they only go out to March.

Might want to wait till the winter. Tickets are always cheaper.

Were there any other gripes about the Days Inn other than the fact they didnt have their act together with the Topgun discount? My experience this year was painless... other than Loguzzo's brutal snoring, which when started, scared me out of my sleep and made me thing someone was breaking into the room with a chainsaw....
    Besides it being so damn far out is my only *****.

I've never had any problems w/ the Days Inn... not sure what the fuss is about

... other than Loguzzo's brutal snoring, which when started, scared me out of my sleep and made me thing someone was breaking into the room with a chainsaw....
    pssssssh! ! ! !
    I think you spend too much time playing video games and it is affecting your dream sequences!

It can't be that bad, it has never kept me up!