Thread: Dye trigger frame

Dye trigger frame

Kid at the field I go to asked me if I could get his mag running, I said sure...

It has a Dye single trigger frame that seams to interfere with the seer in several ways and bind up. The knuckle on the seer is bigger than the opening it goes into, I have had no luck adjusting it to stay in the large area of the frame throughout it movement. And the trigger itself has problems with the rod.

I tried an agd frame on it and it worked perfect, but when I told the kid he really wanted the chrome one that says Dye on it.

Anybody know these frames, it seems it should just be a bolt on and it works accessory and I figured I'd ask bfore I started modifying it.

I just went through this last week. Big Evil gave me the solution to the problem. The back of the trigger inside the frame, right behind the hole where the safetey goes through, rubs on the sear rod and binds up. Take your trigger out and trim that back corner and see if that fixes it. Worked like magic for mine.

Excellent, rhanks!

Are you sure it's a mag frame and not a cocker frame?

I guess Im not, I didnt know they were that close. It fits the rail in every way, has wings, bushing fits, whole for twistlock pin.... I have never seen the cocker to know the difference.

Trigger mod worked perfect, thanks again!

They are horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    They are horrible.
    But they work fine after you hog the inside out a bit. My favorite single trigger frame is the Dye.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Are you guys talking about this frame? The only thing that I have noticed is that the clearance between the trigger and the rod is less than the recommended credit card width. Actually there is almost no clearance. However, I have had NO problems. It works great! Is there something I can do to increase the clearance, which would maybe improve its performance.

[IMG] [/IMG]
    Last edited by bpsimpson22; 08-23-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Can't tell from the glare but cocker frames have a slit above the safety like so and the only way to get them to work is by doing what Tuna mentioned. They will work just need to get out the old file or rotary tool to do it.

I uploaded new pics above with no glare. I am positive that this is an Automag Dye frame. Here is a pic with no grip.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by bpsimpson22; 08-23-2011 at 05:47 PM.