Thread: Week one of the unemployment blues

Week one of the unemployment blues

Well I was fired from my job at Marshall Chrysler last Thursday. I realy don't know the reason why. Didn't have a large amount of comebacks, (vehicles returning to the shop with the same problem). The reason givien use abuse of equipment????? I have sent resumes out online, filled out a few applications, filed for unemployment. I mowed the grass. Read a little. I have satillite tv and have over 200 chanels and can't find anything I want to watch. This is the 1st time in 30 years I have been without a job. I was totally shocked when I was let go. I should have a job within a week, I hope, shortage of good mechanics in the US. Last time I was out of work was when President Reagen was in office.
    edm

Goodluk, hopefully you'll find something. Any opportunity for sidework?

Live in a mobile home with no garage.
    edm

being unempolyed sucks. its no joke.

The key is keeping a positive attitude. That and following through with your applications.

Good luck, I've been there a few times myself.
    God....I guess I was probably returning videotapes.

Well I guess I should update this lol, Found a cash job till Dec of 2011. Then went to work at Midas In Blue Springs Mo to Sept of 2012. I started my Current Job at Landmark dodge in Independence MO in Sept of 2012. July of Last year my wife was fired from her Job of 15 years for a trumped up HYPPA violation. Her unemployment ran out the 1st week of June this year. Kind of hard for a 55 year old to find work right now. She has Scoliosis, Fibermiagia, Has had multiple foot surgeries, Depression and other age related maladies. She has filed for disability and has a lawyer so time will tell. Well that's what has gone on in my life since 2011. I am making enough money to pay our bills and buy some food, but no toys right now. I have had to sell most of my paintball, Hookah, and pipe collections. Down to 2 tippmann markers an A5 and a Model 98 custom. Both have Tacamo Mad Feed bodies. I haven't played any paintball for over 2 years. Maybe will get to this summer. My Church wants to start a paintball ministry and has asked me to be involved, so things may be starting back up this summer or fall.

edm

keep a positive attitude and good luck my friend....we traded markers a few years ago....a shocker for an automag ....Kenny (thegrayghost)