Thread: Man-Cave pics?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Man-Cave pics?

So I am finally in a house where I am able to have an office to my own that I can partially turn into a man-cave. Looking for a way to display my collection. While it is not as extensive as some I have seen, I have a good 8-10 markers that I would like to display. Black painted pegboard seems the be the most logical route, but looking for some other ideas as well.

Trying to allow for storage of other stuff as well, tanks, masks, etc.

Let see what ya got.

I like slatwalls better. Even for a smaller collection:

This is my "Classic Semis and Brazilian Markers" wall.

14 guns, plus the mask project that never really took off and the two tanks baskets.

I saw that stuff at the hardware store. Looks good, but is about 4x the price of pegboard. It does look nicer though. Wonder how well it would paint?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    I saw that stuff at the hardware store. Looks good, but is about 4x the price of pegboard. It does look nicer though. Wonder how well it would paint?
    Slatwall is worth it - you can do shelves or pegs and it tends to be sturdier. Paints fine; think particle board.

I have looked at it at Lowes and looks to be MDF or something similiar. The white coating is pretty slick, I would have concerns about paint adhering to it.

My new mancave, not quite done yet.

As for slat wall, I've found plenty on CL in my area.
    Lots of places rehabing old stores and selling off the display setups.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    I have looked at it at Lowes and looks to be MDF or something similiar. The white coating is pretty slick, I would have concerns about paint adhering to it.
    I've seen/used MDF stuff at work - it takes latex paint easily enough if it's unfinished, but most of it tends to come with a fingernail-thick coating of god-knows-what already applied to the face surfaces and it can be painted or have felt applied as needed. If you buy particle board slatwall you can pick the color veneer you want for the face or get the vinyl coated stuff they use in stores.