Thread: 2009 PTP Micromag Repair Thread - PTP Washer Insert

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2009 PTP Micromag Repair Thread - PTP Washer Insert

All,

I decided to start a new thread for the repairs. Hopefully this is approved by the mods and PTP. A representative from PTP posted the following on the original design/purchase thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZ@PTP
    This is the first ive hear of this issue b/c i havnt checked this thread in forever so Im going to step in here and handle this for you guys .

The material is certified as T6-7075 and the problem is from the rotation of the spring from what ive read here .

I didnt think there was going to be as much rotation as there is with some of the springs .

Some guns are not affected by this and i think its the difference in the springs .

ANYONE having a problem with this issue , ship your gun body to me personaly and i will fix it for free and pay to ship it back to you with a pressed in Stainless Steel insert .

Make sure your name and address is clearly marked on the box please.

Alooney , pm me please .

Pro Team Manufacturing
    C/o Russell K Breeden
    5316 McIntosh Point
    Sanford Fl 32773
    Hopefully PTP will have a good turnaround time as 175 bodies were sold. This is a big investment for everyone. Therefore, lets support this thread to achieve what we all want...A usable Micromag body.

I realize that others are having additional issues. I ask that those issues be addressed in the original thread. This thread should be for the washer insert only.

Thank You!

:does happy dance:

Got mine yesterday! Drops right in! Now I can finish my Pneumag conversion and actually use it!

Can I still get on of these washers? I just found out about the issues people were having with their bodies. I haven't been on AO since I got my body a while back. I just tried putting my valve in for the first time and it fits fine and now I'd like to get one of these washers as a precaution before I fire it.

I will send out washers to those who need them but you have to understand , if you dont get the washer in straight it will ruin the body .

I dont want to hear about someone ruining their gun because they didnt want to send the gun in for repairs .

If you would like a washer sent to you please email RKBENG@cfl.rr.com with WASHER in the subject line along with full name and physical address .

I will fit these washers into production some time between Thanksgiving and the Christmas break .

Turn around will be swift and immediate once the washers are made so dont ship any guns untill after Thanksgiving please .

Sweet. I'll send you the body as soon as I hear you have washers ready. Thanks!
    Rehme, Derman 2k, Ryal 999, Lord Whoopass, 50 Cal, Tack, RTrampage and Deathstalker are all good traders

My Feedback
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100494

Quote Originally Posted by Pullman
    Sweet. I'll send you the body as soon as I hear you have washers ready. Thanks!
    I second that motion!!!!

Russell thanks for stepping in on this. Its a cool body and am relieved to hear I get to still use it!!

I'll get mine to you when your ready as well.

Ill send my two bodies in once said washers are proven to work.

PTP Question: these will NOT be removable? Meaning if we get bodies re-anodized, we need new washers?

Hi Russel,

I live in Sanford, so I can bring the body by and pick it up after the repair. Please let me know when would be a good time to come by, I work from home so I am very flexible. I do have the damage on mine, so if you want a body to look at before you start making the washers, I can bring my whole setup by at anytime. I'll e-mail you my contact info in case you'd rather coordinate that way.

Thanks,

Yuk a.k.a. Doubledutch

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZ@PTP
    I will send out washers to those who need them but you have to understand , if you dont get the washer in straight it will ruin the body .

I dont want to hear about someone ruining their gun because they didnt want to send the gun in for repairs .

If you would like a washer sent to you please email RKBENG@cfl.rr.com with WASHER in the subject line along with full name and physical address .

I will fit these washers into production some time between Thanksgiving and the Christmas break .

Turn around will be swift and immediate once the washers are made so dont ship any guns untill after Thanksgiving please .

I have sent 2 emails to you,.. I just sent another one.

Need my washers please.

Washers are going out on Monday to:

Jason
    Ben
    Jeff

If you want a washer and your not one of these 3 send and email to Rkbeng@cfl.rr.com .

DO NOT msg me on AO for a washer .

I sent you an e-mail last night. I will send you another one.

Well I finally got a chance to e-mail PTP for the insert and try my luck.

Wonderful thing, I had an e-mail reply from Russell within one hour telling me my information was being forwarded to the shipping department.

Another hour went by and I had a second e-mail from PTP notifying me with a shipping confirmation and details to me, ( CANADA ), no charge.

Thank you Russell and PTP, I know things got hard throughout this project, but I think it helps continue holding quality standards on AO the way they always have been, no big surprise there.
    When people actually care about their end product results and chime in with any input, it helps everyone in the end that cares for it. I sure do, and the wait was worth it so far I think.

Thank you. D.K.
    Last edited by my automag; 03-05-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: spelling