Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 122

Thread: Wedge design.

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by luke
    But I think this will fix the grip/tank/wrist issue.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waiting on Key Lime Pie !
    Posts
    4,350

    Question

    So if I'm looking at it right, this design is moving the tank further back on the frame ?

    Why ?

    The purpose of the NDZ Drop Kick design is to get the gun closer to you making
    your arms closer to your body, a tighter package, so to speak.

    Maybe I'm just not understanding how it attaches to the frame.


  3. #93

    Wedge

    I totally agree with this guy ^^^^^just keep it the same as Ndz drop kick simple

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,146
    Have you guys played all day with a Z-Grip or one of these Drop-kicks?

    If not, then you don't know nor do you understand what Luke is trying to accomplish with this design. Let him work the kinks out and then pick it apart.

    These drops are great but they have a flaw...a very painful flaw.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by river031403
    I totally agree with this guy ^^^^^just keep it the same as Ndz drop kick simple

    hey River and Ando here is that idea, took 30 minutes with a hack saw and ill clean it up with some sand paper...but you end up with 2 angled drops similar to the FBM and NDZ drops, and the bigger piece can be used to experiment with the Sleeper mod? just used a extra A-5 drop adapter that can be bought off ebay for 12.95 and under

    Pics







    would be alot easier to do if ya had better tools, but it can be cut with a hacksaw

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waiting on Key Lime Pie !
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    Have you guys played all day with a Z-Grip or one of these Drop-kicks?

    If not, then you don't know nor do you understand what Luke is trying to accomplish with this design. Let him work the kinks out and then pick it apart.

    These drops are great but they have a flaw...a very painful flaw.

    Maybe it would work better for a z grip.

    But not for a standard frame.



    And yes I have used a drop kick all day with no issues.

    Whats it supposedly causing pain to ?

    Thats news to me.



  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    Have you guys played all day with a Z-Grip or one of these Drop-kicks?

    If not, then you don't know nor do you understand what Luke is trying to accomplish with this design. Let him work the kinks out and then pick it apart.

    These drops are great but they have a flaw...a very painful flaw.
    First of all Yes I have. Man up ando
    Secondly I was the one asking him to make a drop kick wedge For me but then he wanted to see if there was more interest

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    se, missouri
    Posts
    2,338
    Just for reference, although the endo design pushes the tank regulator back, the angle actually makes for a tighter setup. I roughly traced out lukes design in my sign program and overlayed it on top of this picture, of course I was guessing on the size, but the current angle did look more like the drop kick then the endo.


  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    Just for reference, although the endo design pushes the tank regulator back, the angle actually makes for a tighter setup. I roughly traced out lukes design in my sign program and overlayed it on top of this picture, of course I was guessing on the size, but the current angle did look more like the drop kick then the endo.

    There is nooooo way that the endo cradle gets the bottle and gun in tighter than a Ndz drop kick I'll hook mine up today and post a pick
    I'll leave it to the computer savi to do a side by side comparison

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by river031403
    There is nooooo way that the endo cradle gets the bottle and gun in tighter than a Ndz drop kick I'll hook mine up today and post a pick
    I'll leave it to the computer savi to do a side by side comparison
    I don't know... looking at the NDZ that going home posted, compared to the Endo that Arstron posted, and it looks like he's right. Just judging from the back of the valve to the back of the tank, it appears that the Endo makes a shorter distance. The tank sits higher, and on a slightly different angle, but that's exactly what makes it tighter in the front-to-back line.

    Of course, it's not going to look that way if you post a pic using something smaller than a 68/45 tank or using something other than a standard-sized regulator.

  11. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    I don't know... looking at the NDZ that going home posted, compared to the Endo that Arstron posted, and it looks like he's right. Just judging from the back of the valve to the back of the tank, it appears that the Endo makes a shorter distance. The tank sits higher, and on a slightly different angle, but that's exactly what makes it tighter in the front-to-back line.

    Of course, it's not going to look that way if you post a pic using something smaller than a 68/45 tank or using something other than a standard-sized regulator.
    What If you slid the tank and forward with the dove tail then what kind of angle would you have then?

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    Have you guys played all day with a Z-Grip or one of these Drop-kicks?

    If not, then you don't know nor do you understand what Luke is trying to accomplish with this design. Let him work the kinks out and then pick it apart.

    These drops are great but they have a flaw...a very painful flaw.
    I mounted a Drop Kick on a vert frame and did NOT like the feel of my tank and wrist fighting for space, so I never even used it in a game. I can only imagine what a Y or Z-grip would feel like. The Endo looks like it solves that with an noticeable drop.

    Looking forward to see what you come up with, Luke.

  13. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    I mounted a Drop Kick on a vert frame and did NOT like the feel of my tank and wrist fighting for space, so I never even used it in a game. I can only imagine what a Y or Z-grip would feel like. The Endo looks like it solves that with an noticeable drop.

    Looking forward to see what you come up with, Luke.
    Do you still have your Ndz drop kick? If you don't like It Free up I'll take it and yes looking forward to seeing what the final Luke's design will be

  14. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Guys, I'm a one man band, I can only do one project at a time.



    That is what I'm looking into instead of the off-set, just kicking it back a tad will clean up the grip-wrist-tank problem.

    Here is what I was working on>

    Luke I like and trust your expertise

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    se, missouri
    Posts
    2,338
    Here is a quick little comparison I did while bored here at work. If going_home's mag had a regular 45 there would still only be maybe a 1/2" difference, not what I expected from the pictures i've seen of the drop kick. Both tanks are very close in length from end to where the regulator screws.

    http://www.fusionowners.org/compare.jpg

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by river031403
    First of all Yes I have. Man up ando t
    It's not a question of manning up. It's the carpel tunnel feeling you get the day after playing

    Quote Originally Posted by river031403
    Secondly I was the one asking him to make a drop kick wedge For me but then he wanted to see if there was more interest
    This isn't lukes first time to the rodeo. He and I (more he) came up with a different drop kick design like 2 yrs ago. Tried to incorporate his Zgrip drop with the wedge.

    Biggest issue with the wedges to include the Z-Frame is where the gauges and fittings sit once the tank is sitting at it's 45* angle. Gloves are somewhat needed to play.

    All day play with gauges and fittings resting on the wrist will turn any good time into a problem.

  17. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    It's not a question of manning up. It's the carpel tunnel feeling you get the day after playing


    This isn't lukes first time to the rodeo. He and I (more he) came up with a different drop kick design like 2 yrs ago. Tried to incorporate his Zgrip drop with the wedge.

    Biggest issue with the wedges to include the Z-Frame is where the gauges and fittings sit once the tank is sitting at it's 45* angle. Gloves are somewhat needed to play.

    All day play with gauges and fittings resting on the wrist will turn any good time into a problem.
    Sorry to here you suffer from Carple tunnel.
    Where are the other designs you and Luke have been doing R&D on for the last 2years?now that I no longer have a zgrip maybe an ando aka endo type drop may be better? Personally I play very tight so I'm interested in a design that keeps the marker in close I play up front alot so in playing up front it beneficial to have it tucked in close.Looking forward to what Luke ends up with

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,657

    The off-set wedge design has been prototyped, tested and failed a few years ago. Itís something I do want to figure out just because I have it in my mind that I can with some effort. Even if I do a simple wedge for guys that donít care about wrist angle, that does not mean Iím not going to pursue the other. The reason for this thread was to find out likes and dislikes on the various configurations and the problems they pose for players; gathering that information gives me a direction for the design process. There really is no right or wrong answer and itís not a competition for a single design to win a production run.

  19. #109

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by luke

    The off-set wedge design has been prototyped, tested and failed a few years ago. Itís something I do want to figure out just because I have it in my mind that I can with some effort. Even if I do a simple wedge for guys that donít care about wrist angle, that does not mean Iím not going to pursue the other. The reason for this thread was to find out likes and dislikes on the various configurations and the problems they pose for players; gathering that information gives me a direction for the design process. There really is no right or wrong answer and itís not a competition for a single design to win a production run.

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by river031403
    Sorry to here you suffer from Carple tunnel.
    Lol...I don't have it, but it sucks never the less. If you play with gloves on then you probably never experienced it. I don't like playing with gloves but it's really a must for me since everything i shoot has either a wedge or stiletto installed.

  21. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    Lol...I don't have it, but it sucks never the less. If you play with gloves on then you probably never experienced it. I don't like playing with gloves but it's really a must for me since everything i shoot has either a wedge or stiletto installed.
    I don't play with gloves and yes I did get a my thumb knuckle a bit raw

  22. #112

    Lightbulb Design of wedge








  23. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,657
    Thats a cool idea, I may be able to use that for the off-set design, thanks for the post...

  24. #114

    Wink Your welcome

    Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Thats a cool idea, I may be able to use that for the off-set design, thanks for the post...
    Your welcome
    I predict some will like and some may not like

  25. #115
    I like it. what rail is that?

  26. #116

    Wedge

    Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker
    I like it. what rail is that?
    Home brew wedge

  27. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by river031403
    Home brew wedge
    The wedge is, but the rail on the red ule?

  28. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker
    The wedge is, but the rail on the red ule?
    tac1 rail may be for sale soon not sure yet I have a slug rail in need to get milled out first for project

  29. #119

    Up

    Bump LUKE bump

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,657
    I cant even begin to think about this until the frames, triggers and panels are done. I'm a one man show.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •