Thread: Wedge design.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wedge design.

I plan on designing a wedge mount pretty soon, looking for input in what you guys like about them, or what you would like to see in one. I’ve never used one so I want to make sure all things are considered.

I’ll figure out a good angle and such, but when I’m going through the design process I don’t want to over look something you guys may like or dislike. Really I’m after information like how you like the marker to shoulder, marker and hopper height, things of that nature. Pros and cons will help will help.
    Last edited by luke; 02-19-2012 at 12:28 AM.

For reference:

NDZ Drop kick:

Fireball Mountain Power Angel:

I think both are about at 30*.

So that is all you need in a wedge? Don’t want something different? Don’t care how it fits your shoulder? Height? Wrist angle? etc

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    So that is all you need in a wedge? Don’t want something different? Don’t care how it fits your shoulder? Height? Wrist angle? etc
    I don't have one to try, and not through my lack of looking either.

Are you going to try a couple of different angles on a couple different angle style of grip frames?

EDIT:
    Might be interesting to see picks of markers shouldered with 45, 86, 90, Y, and Z grips.

wrist angle

aahhh mine will be used with a zgrip. I'm currently using one from FBM dont like though cuz i currently have to use a cp rail to have it work with my maxflo reg

Arrow my 2 cents

1. finally
    2. 45 degree angle
    3. direct mount to grip
    4. cut for dovetail so on/off asa may slide back and forth(so it will fit inline maxflo reg)
    5. i take one thanks
    6. did the cad file i sent you work for you?

2. 45 degree angle
    Why?

3. direct mount to grip
    Is there a diffrent option?

4. cut for dovetail so on/off asa may slide back and forth(so it will fit inline maxflo reg)
    They will be a dovetail mount.

5. i take one thanks
    Cool.

6. did the cad file i sent you work for you?
    Not really, (No offence, but you ask) it didn’t have any information I needed. These are pretty standard in regard to mounts (grip mount or reg mount)

I'm looking for information on what you guys deem comfortable and why, other wise I'll just design something I like.

Why?

Is there a diffrent option?

They will be a dovetail mount.

Cool.

Not really, (No offence, but you ask) it didn’t have any information I needed. These are pretty standard in regard to mounts (grip mount or reg mount)

I'm looking for information on what you guys deem comfortable and why, other wise I'll just design something I like.
    i think im just gonna log off now. let me know when your done with them.

The lesser the angle, the greater the distance between the grip and shoulder. The object is to make for a tighter profile allowing you to snap quicker while staying tight by using the butt of the tank as a pivot against your shoulder. The greater the distance between the grip and shoulder, the wider your profile becomes when pivoting the marker off center one way or the other.

However, the greater the angle, the more uncomfortable it becomes in terms of the wrist. I hope this helps.

I'll have a render for you in an hour or so... Possibly something with a bit more mass appeal.

Luke, I've used a wedge (NDZ Kick) for years and really like it. Bringing it up and swinging it out for snap shooting I find is much easier with the tank resting on the shoulder. I think you may need a greater angle that shortens the "pull" length when using a 68cui tank.